Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan2Julio11

Chris Chester Signed

252 posts in this topic

I had to get it off my chest man. I am so sick of living in the past and praising guys who were drafted in the Smitty and TD era and act like they should get a free pass. Holmes sucks, Hawley sucks, and Konz sucks. I promise you if those guys left the Falcons tomorrow, they would end up like MIKE JOHNSON, WHO SUCKS!!!!

The Real Leader of the offense and the team.

You can't teach charisma and team leadership. Stone is the man

Falcons_Buccaneers_Football27.JPG

Get used to this image boys. You will be seeing it for the next 8 years

hi-res-1bc1463511184aa650644f85d4080b8f_

if I recall correctly some other teams wanted to Sign Hawley when he was a Free Agent... he isnt as bad as you say

Line is actually shaping up to have some depth if some guys pan out. Looks like guys like Konz or Stone may be in the chopping block. Do we still have Mike Johnson?

Line is actually shaping up to have some depth if some guys pan out. Looks like guys like Konz or Stone may be in the chopping block. Do we still have Mike Johnson?

Johnson long gone.

Everyone on here that I have seen reference the topic, has said that they'd be fine with Stone winning the starting spot in TC. R's fighting an enemy that doesn't exist.

The enemy is everywhere. <sarcasm

If I wasn't still so mind-boggled, frightened and disturbed by TD's total lack of a plan for the offensive line, I would be very pleased with this signing.

LMAO I knew it was coming. Thread is about to turn amazing.

Popcorn.gif

Even if it doesn't work out it was a 1 or 2 year deal ?

Not like we don't have the money. if he starts and does average this is a huge upgrade for us.

I was starting to feel a lot more confident about our OL, including the much-improved depth. But this Chris Chester signing is going to make it way better. This roster continues to get stronger and deeper with each passing week. I'm loving this new era of Falcon football and we haven't even played an exhibition game yet.

He played LG in KC, and Chester played RG in both Baltimore and Washington. It'd make the most sense.

Asamoah played 1 full game at LG and a few snaps in another his entire time in KC. He needs to stay at RG and Chester needs to switch to LG.

GTBF54 likes this

wow we cut a linebacker (defense) and pick up a guard (offense)... are we sure this regime has their head on right?? Our defense was last in the league last year!!!!!

So...you have no problem with what Princey did? Are you really MV7?

Asamoah played 1 full game at LG and a few snaps in another his entire time in KC. He needs to stay at RG and Chester needs to switch to LG.

Really? I'll have to go back and watch, I thought he spent most of his time there. Wonder where I heard otherwise.

Asamoah's strength is pass blocking, so he SHOULD be able to switch to LG. These things aren't guarantees, though.

Really? I'll have to go back and watch, I thought he spent most of his time there. Wonder where I heard otherwise.

Not sure bro. All pro Brian Water was the full time LG in 2010 Asamoah rookie year and Asamoah made one start in his absence. The very next year Asamoah started at RG and was a main stay there until Geoff Schwartz replaced him due to injury in 2013.

Lornoth likes this

Do you need to be a sports analyst to plug in basic numbers? Isn't the "analysis" the actual algorithm itself? I assume the PFF grades are based off of some equation that factors and weights numbers like completions vs drops and stuff like that. I could be wrong though.

Don't think they use an algorithm for their basic grades. Think they watch every single play, sometimes multiple times, assign a grade to that play and then total them up.

Chester has more time playing both guard positions as well as center......... He will most likely be our starting LG.............

Solid move. Like it a lot.

This was a very very strong offseason. Smart.

Yes it was, best on paper in recent memory.

With as much as he loves Quinn and Stone, I think R would have an aneurysm if the Quinn staff cut James Stone. Could you imagine??

No way James Stone gets cut on the Falcons. Matt Ryan is taking snaps with him in OTA's and spent most of all of last year working with Stone. Stone is here to stay. If Falcons thought Stone was a POS, Falcons would of signed a vet C to take part of the starter while Hawley is recovering an MCL and ACL tear which to people on here make it sound like its a minor scratch on your pinkey. He should be PERFECT and ready to go and start!!!

Stone Smash blocking Saints biggest run defender one on one to create the huge hole for Freeman to break free for a TD. Stone has just begun his NFL career and he is already the best center in the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZvkkKGahQY

5585284.jpg

Here's the deal, James Stone is loved by his teammates and coaches. Joe Hawley is loved by fans because of his beard and look. Sorry guys, I actually prefer a Center who is a true leader over some Hang Over Look a like that gets by with his beard.

The Proof was in Hard knocks last year. Mike Tice loved James Stone. Every time you saw Tice and Stone in the same scene, Tice was smiling or laughing or having a good time with him. Hawley was just a small guy to Tice that had to be played due to Draft Status.