Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan2Julio11

Chris Chester Signed

252 posts in this topic

be honest with yourself, if Chris Chester was so good, why was he released?

fact, not fiction, Chris Chester is 33 years old...

average age of our projected offensive line is 26 years old

Look, injuries happen and when you are long in the tooth, players become more injury prone, fact.

look in the mirror playboy, Chris Chester is not the answer at guard, he is better suited as a situational backup in case our main guard goes down

First off he started 64 straight games including all 16 last season.next he wasn't a fit for a power scheme. Third the Redskins wanted to save 4 million when the cut him.And last he will start because he is familiar with playbook and scheme.

Starting offense line

Lt: Matthews

Lg: Asamoah

Oc: Hawley

Rg: Chester

Rt: Schraeder

First off he started 64 straight games including all 16 last season.next he wasn't a fit for a power scheme. Third the Redskins wanted to save 4 million when the cut him.And last he will start because he is familiar with playbook and scheme.

Starting offense line

Lt: Matthews

Lg: Asamoah

Oc: Hawley

Rg: Chester

Rt: Schraeder

Don't sweat the purple. If you're not aware, purple = sarcasm.

This is exactly what I was hoping for: an experienced option. I would still rather see someone younger, like Konz, actually man up and earn both his roster spot and his pay, with Chester there for experienced depth. But at least we now have a safety net.

That's all I can hope for at this point.

I remember reading reports that Shanahan was difficult to deal with and that possibly he rubbed his players the wrong way. It seems those reports were not very accurate based on all his ex players we have signed.

I'm surprised Chester signed a 1 year deal since he is already 32 years old. I would expect him to hold out for at least a 2 year deal. Quinn is definitely all about those 1 year deals. I've never seen so many in one year and it will be interesting to see who sticks around.

I'm really excited about this, suddenly our line looks like a decent one, especially if these guys can gel early on.

He's a veteran familiar with the scheme and with Shanahan. If nothing else, he's veteran competition. I would still like to see either Stone or Konz step up and win it though.

Tuggle'2 likes this

2.8 is a little high, but I actually like all these 1 Year Contracts. Shows that we wanna win as much as possible and buy time to find permanent fits if the 1 Year Contract guys don't pan out.

Tuggle'2 likes this

It's funny how these things work out sometimes. We desperately needed a guard, but the draft provided too many better options at other positions. Now, a solid guard with scheme-specific experience falls in our lap.

Sheldon Cooper, atlGM and vitaman like this

Gotta look a little deeper. From Hog's Haven (their equivalent of The Falcoholic)

Screen_Shot_2015_05_30_at_12_13_23_AM.pn

Pretty much sums it up. Their line was rough in 2014 and trying to protect a QB who made their jobs a nightmare. He was great when Shanny was there and they were running more ZBS and stretch plays instead of straight up power scheme.

I heard someone else say 2013 was rough for him though.

PFF's grades for him the last three seasons are +1.5 in 2014, -3.9 in 2013, and +17.1 in 2012.

PFF's grades for him the last three seasons are +1.5 in 2014, -3.9 in 2013, and +17.1 in 2012.

If PFF's "analysis" was done by football experts instead of call center rejects in India (not a joke or exaggeration), they might mean something.

The OL is 5 guys working in unison relying on 6 others for success as a whole. The fact that this guy has had success doing what we are doing in 2015 makes me confident. He will have solid line mates around him which could be another factor in past falters. Miscast in 2014 is well documented.

I am really pumped about this signing of Chris Chester - not that he is some all-pro - we know he is not, but it was so obvious to me and most of you that the Falcons were really "rolling the dice" going into 2015 season with Mike Person set as the likely starting Left Guard - a journeyman.

Chris Chester is bonafide with 64 career starts and knows Shanny's ZBS like the back of his hand. Not only is Chester "plug-n-play" at either RG or LG, but he will help pull the other OLinemen along in the new blocking system as well. Of course the Falcons still need to address the offensive line in future drafts, but in the meantime, we got a savvy vet who should help solidify the O-Line and provide more protection for Matty Franchise.

We signed Chester for only 1 year but we paid him $2.8mm - which shows how serious the Falcons were about securing him and it shows you how much Shanny wanted him - Falcons did not low-ball Chris Chester and probably paid close to what the agent demanded so as to not let Chester slip away to be signed by the Iggles.

Tuggle'2 likes this

I am really pumped about this signing of Chris Chester - not that he is some all-pro - we know he is not, but it was so obvious to me and most of you that the Falcons were really "rolling the dice" going into 2015 season with Mike Person set as the likely starting Left Guard - a journeyman.

Chris Chester is bonafide with 64 career starts and knows Shanny's ZBS like the back of his hand. Not only is Chester "plug-n-play" at either RG or LG, but he will help pull the other OLinemen along in the new blocking system as well. Of course the Falcons still need to address the offensive line in future drafts, but in the meantime, we got a savvy vet who should help solidify the O-Line and provide more protection for Matty Franchise.

We signed Chester for only 1 year but we paid him $2.8mm - which shows how serious the Falcons were about securing him and it shows you how much Shanny wanted him - Falcons did not low-ball Chris Chester and probably paid close to what the agent demanded so as to not let Chester slip away to be signed by the Iggles.

Good thing we like to save cap space for such situations and not blow it all on big names during the first day of free agency.

rounz likes this

Check Out Chris "Lights Out" Chester in this video playing RG. He is bulldozing even some of the best in the game.

Very impressive

If PFF's "analysis" was done by football experts instead of call center rejects in India (not a joke or exaggeration), they might mean something.

Since ESPN and SI quote them religiously, anyone who thinks they don't "mean something" is a dinosaur.

Check Out Chris "Lights Out" Chester in this video playing RG. He is bulldozing even some of the best in the game.

**** dude good video... he is definitely getting into the backfield and plays up till the end... I DIG IT.

yup so glad we got this done... and we still have a ton of cap for emergency cuts from other teams and Julio next year

g-dawg likes this

Do you need to be a sports analyst to plug in basic numbers? Isn't the "analysis" the actual algorithm itself? I assume the PFF grades are based off of some equation that factors and weights numbers like completions vs drops and stuff like that. I could be wrong though.

**** dude good video... he is definitely getting into the backfield and plays up till the end... I DIG IT.

Yeah imagine. Actual talk about the player instead of Stupid Japanese Gifs. I demand BANS for anyone who puts Gifs up that have nothing to do with the player. I am actually supporting this team and I get called names because I know for a fact Stone Smash will beat Hawley any day of the week. I said Quinn is better than Smith any day of the week, and I get called Not Healthy. It's time to make a point around here and I don't care how many times I have to repeat myself.

You guys don't want to listen and live in Smitty land where the weakest most mediocre player should be praised because of his draft status. Example, KONZ, example HAWLEY. Everyone is hoping the best out of them but we have seen their best. Their best couldn't make any other roster in the NFL.

Which goes to show all the FA's the Falcons lost, are pretty much second crap on other teams. Only player that was worth a **** after leaving the Falcons was John Abraham and he is already done. Michael Turner? NOPE. Mike Smith NOPE. Oh what about Dwight Lowery? His *** will be on the bench. Anyone else? Mass? Douglas? Yeah all second rate chumps who won't see the field.

I get called names, I get called being "unhealthy" and yet stating facts that are facts, and no one wants to believe them. They want to believe their Fox News loving, can't think outside the box, can't visualize actual talent selves because you all are so used to having horrible players represent the Falcons every Sunday who over achieve as much as they can, so their over achieving abilities get CRUSHED when real talent meets them in the face.

In fact I want to be granted the best poster on here and be rewarded. I am digging through videos to find on Chester and I post it up here since we signed him, and I have go through 20 ugly disgusting JAPANESE gifs that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLAYER!!!!

You know what BAN ME. Maybe I should be banned because I showed actual video footage of players we sign. Praise the Japanese Gifs. Keep posting them boys. Please