Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan2Julio11

Chris Chester Signed

252 posts in this topic

**** he has a ton of gray for a 32yr old

I've known people his age, that are not only all gray, but are mostly bald. Sometimes, it's just bad genes.

natod12 likes this

Chris Chester's 1-year deal with the Falcons is for $2.8 million, I'm told.

This offseason...I'm sorry for ever doubting this staff for not getting a guard in the draft or FA earlier. 2.8 million for a well above average starting guard who is both a scheme fit and familiar with Shanahan's offense? Golden.

Ben Day Hoe and Sheldon Cooper like this

This offseason...I'm sorry for ever doubting this staff for not getting a guard in the draft or FA earlier. 2.8 million for a well above average starting guard who is both a scheme fit and familiar with Shanahan's offense? Golden.

Now we just need a starter level FS and a TE to get released. ph34r.png

Now we just need a starter level FS and a TE to get released. ph34r.png

It’s good to know that we are still trying to get better players and not settling for what we have and hoping for the best. There have been other players that we were trying to land like Swearinger and Barksdale that just didn’t work out.

Francis York Morgan likes this

Almost missed this with all the Shembo crap going around. Welcome to the ATL Chester, love the signing.

Holmes was definitely our best RT last year though.

Demps is interesting, as he seems to have been solid the last few seasons, enough to make me wonder why he's still out there.

I also was unaware that Zimmerman and McFadden had been released. Zimmerman was a favorite around here coming out, and I really though that McFadden showed potential here last year.

These guys might be interesting as fliers, but I don't think that there are any starters out there, at least not right now.

Skins fans seem pretty happy he got cut. Hopefully the scheme was all that was hurting.

Gotta look a little deeper. From Hog's Haven (their equivalent of The Falcoholic)

Screen_Shot_2015_05_30_at_12_13_23_AM.pn

Pretty much sums it up. Their line was rough in 2014 and trying to protect a QB who made their jobs a nightmare. He was great when Shanny was there and they were running more ZBS and stretch plays instead of straight up power scheme.

I heard someone else say 2013 was rough for him though.

You also have AKBingo

anigif_enhanced-11295-1431450962-12.gif

That is a cockroach by the way

Wait, are those AKB members? ****, the things some girls will do to be an idol lol

Wait, are those AKB members? ****, the things some girls will do to be an idol lol

Indeed they are...some of the things they do are just plain outlandish

Asamoah is powerful and seems a good fit at LG anyway. But yeah, may as well cultivate as much continuity as possible by keeping the most experienced player in this scheme at the spot he has played multiple years.

True dat, and get Asamoah and Jake back together.

Perfect signing. Wasn't Asamoah a LG for KC? This works out perfectly if so. So happy that we got him. I have this great feeling that Chester will be great for us and that this signing will have the same outcome as the Lowery signing. (Solid and dependable production that for massive raves around the board)