Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan2Julio11

Chris Chester Signed

252 posts in this topic

Is he signed? Most recent news on him says he is to visit Eagles

Chris Chester joins Falcons days after Redskins release

Vaughn McClure, ESPN Staff Writer

The Atlanta Falcons have signed veteran offensive guard Chris Chester to a contract, a league source told ESPN.com. Terms were not disclosed.

Chester, 32, was released by the Washington Redskins earlier this week after 64 starts at right guard. He began his career as a second-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens in 2006.

In Washington, Chester played under current Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, who held the same title with the Redskins. Chester is familiar with Shanahan's outside-zone blocking scheme and is known for having good footwork for the running game.

The Falcons have a void at left guard after releasing veteran Justin Blalock, who was a better pass protector than run blocker. Newcomer Mike Person, last with the St. Louis Rams, has been running with the first team at left guard. Chester appears destined to take over that role if the team elects to keep fellow veteran Jon Asamoah at right guard. Asamoah is not exactly the best fit for the zone blocking scheme, but he's a solid pass protector for Matt Ryan.

James Stone, currently running with the first team at center, could be a left guard candidate once center Joe Hawley fully recovers from ACL and MCL tears in his knee.

Chester will be the second former Redskins starting offensive lineman to join the Falcons this offseason. The team recently signed tackle Tyler Polumbus to a one-year contract.

The Falcons also signed former Redskins receivers Leonard Hankerson and Nick Williams, both of whom previously played in Shanahan's scheme.

rounz likes this

Any thing on that show cracked me up. Especially when Grady and Fred got together.

Or any time Esther brought church people to Freds house. Loved that show.

Classic TV. I still watch it when it comes on.

Sui_Generis likes this

Classic TV. I still watch it when it comes on.

Yes sir. Me too. Love it. Especially after finding out the history behind the show and how much Red helped all of his friends.

rounz likes this

Chris Chester joins Falcons days after Redskins release

Vaughn McClure, ESPN Staff Writer

The Atlanta Falcons have signed veteran offensive guard Chris Chester to a contract, a league source told ESPN.com. Terms were not disclosed.

Chester, 32, was released by the Washington Redskins earlier this week after 64 starts at right guard. He began his career as a second-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens in 2006.

In Washington, Chester played under current Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, who held the same title with the Redskins. Chester is familiar with Shanahan's outside-zone blocking scheme and is known for having good footwork for the running game.

The Falcons have a void at left guard after releasing veteran Justin Blalock, who was a better pass protector than run blocker. Newcomer Mike Person, last with the St. Louis Rams, has been running with the first team at left guard. Chester appears destined to take over that role if the team elects to keep fellow veteran Jon Asamoah at right guard. Asamoah is not exactly the best fit for the zone blocking scheme, but he's a solid pass protector for Matt Ryan.

James Stone, currently running with the first team at center, could be a left guard candidate once center Joe Hawley fully recovers from ACL and MCL tears in his knee.

Chester will be the second former Redskins starting offensive lineman to join the Falcons this offseason. The team recently signed tackle Tyler Polumbus to a one-year contract.

The Falcons also signed former Redskins receivers Leonard Hankerson and Nick Williams, both of whom previously played in Shanahan's scheme.

Where does Vaughn get this from? Asamoah came from a ZBS at both Kansas City and Illinois.

gazoo likes this

I'm giving Templeton Rye Whiskey a try tonight.

I like Rye whiskey pretty good. I'm a bourbon man myself.

Never had that one. If I drink Rye I usually go with Bulleitt.

I like Rye whiskey pretty good. I'm a bourbon man myself.

Never had that one. If I drink Rye I usually go with Bulleitt.

Bourbon man myself just been on a Rye kick lately.If you've never had it I recommend Russell's Reserve bourbon.I never see or hear anyone talking about it but I love the stuff.

Bourbon man myself just been on a Rye kick lately.If you've never had it I recommend Russell's Reserve bourbon.I never see or hear anyone talking about it but I love the stuff.

I will try it.

I too have a recommendation. Evan Williams 1783 as an everyday sipper. Not The black label Evan. This one is a black label with a gold 1783. Great value. Usually $25 or less a handle.

On holidays I sip Elijah Craig 12 year old. $28 for a fifth. Smooth and sweet for a 94 proof bourbon. I don't like mixing bourbon, but Elijah Craig is awesome in coke. I highly recommend this one.

Jpowors likes this

HUGE MOVE.

Matthews - chester - Hawley/konz - aso - schraeder/baker/Holmes/polumbus

Best man wins and thats a B to B+ line, imo with solid depth

I will try it.

I too have a recommendation. Evan Williams 1783 as an everyday sipper. Not The black label Evan. This one is a black label with a gold 1783. Great value. Usually $25 or less a handle.

On holidays I sip Elijah Craig 12 year old. $28 for a fifth. Smooth and sweet for a 94 proof bourbon. I don't like mixing bourbon, but Elijah Craig is awesome in coke. I highly recommend this one.

I know all about Elijah Craig.I think it was the second bourbon I ever tried.You won't find another 12 yr old bourbon at that price point.

I don't like mixing bourbon either but if you want a mixer pick up Larceny.It's got great reviews but I hated it on the rocks but I'll be damned if it isn't a fantastic mixer for some reason.

I'll have to give the Evan Williams a try.I don't like the black label but I'll give the one you mentioned a shot at that price.

Where does Vaughn get this from? Asamoah came from a ZBS at both Kansas City and Illinois.

i was about to say that ... i guess he is going by his size.... idk

Id guess

Matthews - Aso - Hawley - Chester - Schraeder

Im pretty happy with that line. Aslong as noone gets hurt (knock on wood) Thats pretty solid

hjerry likes this

I know all about Elijah Craig.I think it was the second bourbon I ever tried.You won't find another 12 yr old bourbon at that price point.

I don't like mixing bourbon either but if you want a mixer pick up Larceny.It's got great reviews but I hated it on the rocks but I'll be damned if it isn't a fantastic mixer for some reason.

I'll have to give the Evan Williams a try.I don't like the black label but I'll give the one you mentioned a shot at that price.

My man. Too bad we don't live closer. We could sip together.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will try them. That Evan Williams 1783 is good on ice or as a mixer with coke or (my favorite) ginger ale.

Happy sipping and be safe.

Jpowors likes this