Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan2Julio11

Chris Chester Signed

252 posts in this topic

Why do people still think Holmes should start over Schraeder?

Because some people realize that players can get better over time, because Holmes played much better last year, because Holmes won the job last year, because the 3rd year is when many players really make a leap in their game, because Holmes was at 330 last year since that's what his coaches wanted him at; now he's at 310 since that's what his current coaches want him at.

And, sub in Schreader if it bothers you so much.

Because some people realize that players can get better over time, because Holmes played much better last year, because Holmes won the job last year, because the 3rd year is when many players really make a leap in their game, because Holmes was at 330 last year since that's what his coaches wanted him at; now he's at 310 since that's what his current coaches want him at.

And, sub in Schreader if it bothers you so much.

A lot of people would adamantly disagree with you there. And it doesn't bother me at all. I'm just surprised that given Schraeder's performance compared to Holmes people still don't think he should start. And it's true, players do get better around their third year and Holmes could knock it out of the park this year for all I know. I just don't see strong enough evidence to support that. Meanwhile, Schraeder put up a relatively decent PFF grade last year. I believe he had the best of any lineman on our team, but I could be wrong about that. As it stands, it just seems a much safer bet to start Schraeder at RT.

A lot of people would adamantly disagree with you there. And it doesn't bother me at all. I'm just surprised that given Schraeder's performance compared to Holmes people still don't think he should start. And it's true, players do get better around their third year and Holmes could knock it out of the park this year for all I know. I just don't see strong enough evidence to support that. Meanwhile, Schraeder put up a relatively decent PFF grade last year. I believe he had the best of any lineman on our team, but I could be wrong about that. As it stands, it just seems a much safer bet to start Schraeder at RT.

I'd support either, and believe that both will make the roster.

Don't really care if they adamantly disagree- it's entirely possible to be very loudly wrong.

I don't care who wins the battle, just want Ryan protected and a run game. Think either Holmes or Schreader can do that and having a swing tackle that has actually started is a valuable thing.

IMO it doesn’t really matter what either one of them did last year. What’s going to matter is who beats who in camp competition this year. They both will be learning a new scheme so to me, at this point they are both on equal ground. May the best man win.

I guess Shanny has a seat at the big boys table. Hes brought in two of his former starting O-linemen and a former starting receiver.

It's called getting your coordinators the players they want for once. Not getting Tyson Jackson to be 360 pounds and drop back in coverage.

I hope he and Polumbus make our DLinemen look as good as they made Justin Tuck look. Would be nice to go into the season with some confidence.