Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulitik

Prince Shembo Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty

That being said, if it can be shown that he did kick that dog, or do anything to harm it that lead to it's death, ban him from the league and I hope he does the max.

Ban him from his livelihood and do multiple years in prison for an animal? Absurd, imo. Animals get killed everyday so what

He'll be back. Babineaux killed his girlfriend's dog, got caught with Gunja on I-85 North and signed two more deals. Maybe buddy is using the Force on the Filter.

"There is no weed in this truck.

Nope looks pretty clean to me.

You don't see a dead dog here.

Nope captain we don't see any carcasses on the property. You're free to go sir."

The difference is that Babineaux was/is a serviceable player. Shembo hasn't done shyt. He's going to get cut IMO. Not to mention, he's probably going to get convicted, which is also speculation on my part.

It gets worse. The medical report makes it sound like he hit it several times, and Shembo apparently admitted over the phone to hitting it more than once.

Sounds like the poor thing survived several hours after. Fighter. Animals are incredible.

Full report: http://www.scribd.com/doc/267056216/Shembo-police-report

That she didn't believe it was him at first makes me really doubt any fabrication.

Now that really sucks.

Oh it was a yorkie? H3ll you can pluck that dog and it might die. I don't know the details but I doubt he tried to kill the dog.

The injuries are massive, and in multiple locations. That poor little dog was kicked, very hard, multiple times. It was absolutely intentional and deliberate, and took more than a few seconds.

As for people's reactions, I remember watching Christian Bale in "American Psycho". In one scene, he came across a wino with a small dog in a dark alley. He pulled out a knife and killed the wino.

No one made a sound.

Bale's character then killed the dog.

The theatre erupted in boos, "OH NO!!!"s, and several people got up and left. Popcorn was being thrown at the screen.

The real question is why are we only hearing about this now? The incident happened six weeks ago! Can't believe it takes the police this long to close an animal cruelty investigation...

they must be former detectives from the Tallahassee Police Department

The real question is why are we only hearing about this now? The incident happened six weeks ago! Can't believe it takes the police this long to close an animal cruelty investigation...

Routine police work combined with a severity of crime priority hierarchy with a dash of celebrity to complicate things. 6 weeks is not an absurd timeframe, especially when there was no causal connection between the suspect and the crime aside from the testimony of one witness.

A necropsy was conducted at Gwinnett County Animal Shelter, and tissues samples were sent to the University of Georgia for further testing, according to police.

I imagine that's why

I sincerely believe that people who can be that cruel to animals are disturbed. I have no sympathy for anyone who can do that.

Especially this kind of animal. People are next and now I believe the story I have been told on him. No matter, he actually is very mediocre if that.

The injuries are massive, and in multiple locations. That poor little dog was kicked, very hard, multiple times. It was absolutely intentional and deliberate, and took more than a few seconds.

As for people's reactions, I remember watching Christian Bale in "American Psycho". In one scene, he came across a wino with a small dog in a dark alley. He pulled out a knife and killed the wino.

No one made a sound.

Bale's character then killed the dog.

The theatre erupted in boos, "OH NO!!!"s, and several people got up and left. Popcorn was being thrown at the screen.

Yea that's bad. I'm seeing the medical reports now. Wow!! I've been around a lot of these noise makers and never thought about kicking one. He did whatever multiple times. Crazy!!

Judging from some of the participants in this thread there are more sociopaths among us than I previously thought.

These people were failed by whoever raised them, and we can only hope they don't have children of their own.

I sincerely believe that people who can be that cruel to animals are disturbed. I have no sympathy for anyone who can do that.

So would you say the same thing for peeps who hunt? I'm not saying what he did is right, but people overreact when it comes to dogs and cats and believe that they are any different than any other animal. Had he done this to a person I would agree but it's a dog.

This is laughable. The girlfriend left her dog at Shembos house. She returned and the dog was not moving. Shembo commented on kicking the dog. She brought the dog to the vet and it died shortly afterwards.

How much more do you need? Are you so starved for a Super Bowl for this team that you are going to be unreasonable skeptical so you can pretend we really don't know?

That's what she says happened anyway

Perhaps the dog was trying to bite him? What happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty?

Thanks for showing us your stupidity. First of all there is no talk about the dog biting him. Even if it did, it would be if a small puppy biting you. Yorkies are tiny. There is no justification to stop the dog to death.

The incident happened 6 weeks ago, and Shembo already admitted to it. What does the court system have anything to do with this? He did it. He said he did it.

This laughable defense has already been debunked at least 10 times in this thread. Self-defense against a Yorkie does not lead to a Yorkie having the life beaten out of it.

This of course is assuming that the Yorkie attacked Shembo, which didn't happen.

I have seen yorkies attack, but...lulz...

Serious question. Not saying that what Shembo did was right (because it definitely could've been handled differently) but aren't A LOT of you on this MB complaining that the Falcons need to take a chance on guys that may have "questionable" backgrounds b/c our goody two shoes roster wasn't amounting to sh*t?? So now the Falcons ease up on the "Falcons filter" and some of y'all are STILL b*tching??

Make up your minds!!! You can't have it both ways unfortunately

A lot of people like to point out the success stories where the player turns their life around and balls out, but there are situations like this too unfortunately.

In all seriousness people kill animals everyday for sport; so I don't see the big deal Shembo was practicing his punting skills....punting is a sport.

You are either failing really hard at trying to be funny, or you are repeatedly baiting people into starting a flame war with you.

In either case, please stop.

I used to do lawn care work and on multiple occassions I was attacked by a dog that was carelessly left out by it's owners. The big ones I saw coming ran from and was able to close a gate before they got to me. The small ones would get to me and they would bite at my ankles and calves. I remember it being stressful even though it was a small dog. Even in my stressed out state of mind, I gave the dog a good shove with my foot as it was biting me so that I could then get away. I could have easily kicked the living **** out of it til it died but I understand the value of a dog's life so I chose to push it away, take my slight ankle soreness, and remove myself from the situation.

Again IF the report is true and he gets convicted in some way, I will never forget what he did and he should be in jail. Period.

It really makes me sad that a few people care so little for these loyal animals that they would be willing to kill them and think it's no big deal. If you're being attacked by a 100 Doberman, fine, defend yourself and if it dies I'd understand. But there is not and never will be an excuse to savagely beat and kill a dog that weighs less than 10 lbs.

In all seriousness people kill animals everyday for sport; so I don't see the big deal Shembo was practicing his punting skills....punting is a sport.

I see this argument a lot, but it assumes that the killing of domesticated animals and wild animals are the same thing. Dogs and cats have had thousands of years of breeding, training and conditioning to be docile and trusting around humans. Killing them is a little different than an animal who truly views a human as a predator.

I don't like trophy hunting simply for the trophy, but I can understand the sporting aspect if it is done responsibly and everything is used. Killing an animal looking at you with doe eyes in a completely trusting and vulnerable state is not the same thing.

It is just a dog but it wasn't his dog. & you just can't go around killing things for no reason. Unless he was attacked or something then i dont see how its ok. If someone kicked & killed my dog id be pissed dogs are like family sometimes. Gotta control your temper. But on the flip side. No one should lose their careers for that. Kill him in his pockets. & thats what should have happened with Vick. Maybe a yr suspension & a huge fine. Not 2 years that's just crazy. Idk how much our society loves dogs