Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulitik

Prince Shembo Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty

1,037 posts in this topic

Serious question. Not saying that what Shembo did was right (because it definitely could've been handled differently) but aren't A LOT of you on this MB complaining that the Falcons need to take a chance on guys that may have "questionable" backgrounds b/c our goody two shoes roster wasn't amounting to sh*t?? So now the Falcons ease up on the "Falcons filter" and some of y'all are STILL b*tching??

Make up your minds!!! You can't have it both ways unfortunately

Dude we're talking about players with weed arrests or speeding tickets or drunk and disorderly...

Not ******* accused rapists and dog killers... you don't see the difference?

Just for the record I never wanted this shitbag on the team.

Francis York Morgan likes this

Christ. Poor baby. What's even worse is that it sounds like it lived for a while after by the police report, and only succombed a while after...was a fighter. This is so awful to think about.

I know.

I can't even imagine how much pain it must have been in.

Poor thing.

Christ. Poor baby. What's even worse is that it sounds like it lived for a while after by the police report, and only succombed a while after...was a fighter. This is so awful to think about.

Yep, that dog suffered...and was in a lot of pain. If it was Shembo who did it he should get the maximum penalty.

jeffro2000 likes this

saw the attached image from the Falcaholic website. For some reason I cannot post it in here.

If I am reading lines 3, 4 and 5 correctly.......the woman and Shembo "spent time" together. THEN, the lady went to look for the dog.

It's hard to get your business on and kill a dog at the same time....but I could be wrong.

Also see line 6...it looks like Shembo's dog destroyed hers while both were in the same crate and she's pissed and now blaming it on him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGMrQuCWwAAbNW3.png:large

If you take a chance and draft a player with rape/suicide aligations, then as an organization you must have a zero tolerance policy with that player. If he is not gone by Monday, you will get a good idea of Blank's character.

Dam son where you been? I haven't seen you post in eight years. Not since our last dog incident.

Serious question. Not saying that what Shembo did was right (because it definitely could've been handled differently) but aren't A LOT of you on this MB complaining that the Falcons need to take a chance on guys that may have "questionable" backgrounds b/c our goody two shoes roster wasn't amounting to sh*t?? So now the Falcons ease up on the "Falcons filter" and some of y'all are STILL b*tching??

This is so dumb. Acting like everyone is flip flopping. Maybe there are two different sides to an argument?

It's like saying "A lot of you on the MB say Matt Ryan is great and will be an elite QB, but now you're saying he's not ever going to be more than average? What gives?" Maybe point out the actual hypocrisy instead of making blanket statements that don't even make sense.

How can any human being kill such a small defenseless animal? To be sick enough to kick a dog who are the most kind creates to death baffles me. Have you ever seen a dog react when you walk inside from being gone? They go crazy because it makes their lives just to see you again. Unconditional love. Never done anything to harm anyone. Its so sickening someone can harm something so innocent.

Falconsfan567 likes this

I can't even imagine the pain and the agony this poor dog suffered, and the terror it lived its last moments in. Anyone that cannot empathize with what this dog went through has something missing from their soul.

Navin and jeffro2000 like this

When I read in the police report that the dog attempted to stick his tongue out to drink water but couldn't move, my heart broke.

Yea, I didn't even get through have the report to be honest with you. Couldn't do it.

saw the attached image from the Falcaholic website. For some reason I cannot post it in here.

If I am reading lines 3, 4 and 5 correctly.......the woman and Shembo "spent time" together. THEN, the lady went to look for the dog.

It's hard to get your business on and kill a dog at the same time....but I could be wrong.

Also see line 6...it looks like Shembo's dog destroyed hers while in the crate and she's pissed and now blaming it on him.

I thought about that too, but it would have been lacerations and punctures, not blunt force trauma

brando27 likes this

Its hard to grasp why someone would act in this way. That police report makes for sickening reading.

I don't expect the Falcons to come out in full-support mode in their statement. In fact, I doubt we even hear a "we'll let the law process play out before we make a decision" out of them.

Because moving some weed or getting arrested for doing a little of the booger sugar are mistakes that young people make.

Brutally murdering a living creature is sociopathic behavior and can be extremely detrimental to the team especially if they become an impact player.

Virtually everyone I've seen in this thread who has been critical of Shembo has started by saying "If he is guilty...."

On the same token, there are a lot of people that haven't. They have their minds already made up.

Come on guys, lets relax and take a step back and put all emotions aside. Let the legal process play out and reserve judgement until all facts are released (and they aren't all released).

This guy came into the league on relatively thin ice, but I can't pass judgement on anyone before knowing all of what really happened.

There are 2 sides to every coin. I'm not defending anyone but I'm not passing extremely early judgement on anyone either. I'll wait until the facts come out and let the Judge and ownership of this team decide what is right to do

The legal system is far from perfect, but if everyone rushed to judgement, like a lot of people in this topic are (this isn't a slight to anyone, just stating the obvious), there would be a lot of innocent people in jail.

I'm just going to let play out, and after they do, will have an opinion on Shembo.

Anyone remember Brian Banks? Lets let the facts come out....

You put too much faith in the legal system. It is not about facts. It is about which side can be more persuasive within the rules. I don't need someone else's opinion to form my own.

Francis York Morgan likes this

He'll be back. Babineaux killed his girlfriend's dog, got caught with Gunja on I-85 North and signed two more deals. Maybe buddy is using the Force on the Filter.

"There is no weed in this truck.

Nope looks pretty clean to me.

You don't see a dead dog here.

Nope captain we don't see any carcasses on the property. You're free to go sir."

Shembo sucks. Babineaux does not.

Willy Mo likes this

Person making all these dumb comments about how it's just a dog is clearly a troll. Ought to stop paying them any mind, just put them on my block list myself. All that being said, they're still awful comments and I wouldn't be opposed to them facing some real life karma in the near future. Maybe someone throwing dog treat shaped bricks through their car windshield. That'd be pretty amusing. Wistful thinking though.

I seriously doubt Shembo is innocent here but I'll wait to hear more before passing judgment.

And just as I say that, I see this. This seems like a very realistic non-fabricated report. Rot in the cage, Shembo. Rot.

I agree and we won't have to worry about him any more. I have zero patience for sociopaths.

Yep, that dog suffered...and was in a lot of pain. If it was Shembo who did it he should get the maximum penalty.

If he did this F him. No excuse. 1 hard kick can destroy a small dog lime that. Just senseless if that is the case.

Judging from some of the participants in this thread there are more sociopaths among us than I previously thought.

You don't remember the Greg Hardy threads?

When I read in the police report that the dog attempted to stick his tongue out to drink water but couldn't move, my heart broke.

ugh... unsure.png

there's a special place in **** for people that do things like that to a defenseless animal

Shembo sucks. Babineaux does not.

Keith Olbermann made a similar point about the Vikings and Adrian Peterson (prior to his being on the exempt list). Teams are willing to overlook certain things if you are good. If you're not, then you aren't worth the headache.

I can't even imagine the pain and the agony this poor dog suffered, and the terror it lived its last moments in. Anyone that cannot empathize with what this dog went through has something missing from their soul.

I hope she was with the dog when they passed. I know a lot of people like to act like they're just animals, but when they spend years with you like that, that bond is really special. If she got to hold them as they died or even talk to them it probably made things a lot easier.

I almost never cry, want to say it's been several months since I have tbh, but even typing a dog's last moments and that love you share makes my eyes wet.

Was he attacked? That's one question. Everyone doesn't know how to deal with a dog attack. It can be very scary and stressful.

KOG ... bro... it was a Yorkie.

7lb dog vs 260lb man