Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulitik

Prince Shembo Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty

1,037 posts in this topic

I'll answer the question.

Yes, pets are considered more valuable than livestock. We make pets a part of our lives. A part of our families. We invest ourselves emotionally into our pets. Dogs, especially, because dogs are often relied upon as guardians or partners. Our lives, our family's lives, are often resting to some degree upon the unwavering, unquestioning loyalty of a good dog.

So yes: there is a difference in how people view pets as opposed to livestock. Inhumane and cruel treatment of livestock is very wrong, and is increasing illegal. But cruelty to a pet is viewed much differently.

Thank you that was the point we were making.

OK thank you. That's all I was saying. Now in my opinion I view all animals the same pets or not. I think they all should have the same rights but I guess that's too utopian like to hope for

Exactly

Anyone whose major defense of this action is "it is just a dog what is the big deal" or any derivative of that line of thinking, is a seriously reprehensible sub human lacking something inside their souls.

I will agree with the "lets wait and see all the facts" line of thinking, but if you think it is even remotely okay because "it is just a dog" you have serious issues, are probably a sociopath, and need to do some serious self evaluation of your continued being on this planet.

If he really did this feet first into the wood chipper is better than he deserves.

Still not understanding how some of the outraged people are ok with saying he should be raped, die or be put into a wood chipper but think he's a terrible person for his acts.

Not going to defend the guy but the ignorance of these people is baffling me.

"its just a dog" is a reasonable defense if you accidentally hit one with your car, because we treat animals differently than we do humans whereas if you hit a person for any reason there would be an investigation.

the underlying issue is that kicking a tiny dog that poses no threat to you to death shows some type of mental illness and prince clearly needs help.

he should, of course, still go to jail and pay his debt to society, but lets not go crazy and say he deserves death for what he did, because people are capable of redemption, and while kicking a dog to death is reprehensible its not as bad as hurting a person, and since as a society we have largely abandoned the eye for an eye basis of law from thousands of years ago making hyperbolic statements like that for a crime we have determined is less severe than hurting other humans is very extreme.

His lawyer released a statement admitting Shembo kicked the dog. Or is his lawyer also telling lies just to "Get Shembo"?

i don't know what that has to do with my comment. Did i mention Shembo in that comment? I was making a broad statement about plenty of people have been convicted without evidence

[quotwname=AtlantaFalconPokerPro" post="9393645" timestamp="1433017426]Headed to longhorns within the hour. About to down a flos fillet and won't think twice about where it originated.

Her name was Peaches.

She was a yearling.

She loved the fresh breezes.

She remembered her mother's milk quite fondly.

She loved ambling with her herd, contentedly munching fresh green grass, and fragrant, earthy hay.

Then--- it happened. Kindly human-friend led her to a dark, narrow, scary space and forced her into it. She was scared, but she trusted her human-friends to keep her from harm.

Her next memory was motion. Impossibly fast, and acrid fumes that she did not recognize assailed her nostrils. Loud, brash, blatting noises assaulted her ears, much like Ol' Grampy the goat made when angry, but much worse.

Her momentary relief at finally being freed of the dark moving box was dashed when she saw the lot she was being led to. Her human-friend barely looked at her as she was led away. Poor Peaches was fed until she was bursting. She felt uncomfortable, and bloated. The grains did not smell right; they smelled of something vaguely--- bad. Instead of the freedom of the open field, the warm sun, the cooling breezes, she was in a cage. Barely able to move. The buzzing of flies was a constant droning irritation.

Peaches last memory was being led in a line behind other cattle, not one of her herd to be seen or to find comfort from. She was herded along until she saw a human-frien with a strange thing. He was touching the non-herd mates ahead of her, and they fell over.

Suddenly, the strange human-friend was standing over her, and he reeked of death. He touched his odd human-device, cold and metallic, against her head and---.

Enjoy your filet.

Troyces likes this

To argue the reason for why dogs are valued over chickens or cows in America, is to argue all of the western world's culture and history. There are countries where dogs are food, just like there are countries where cows are sacred. It is neither wrong, nor hypocritical, to see creatures which are viewed as pets in American society, as being not OK to eat or to hunt for sport. Neither the country that hunts horses, nor the one that uses them as transportation, are in the wrong. It's culture, and culture will always be unique to the area in which it is bred.

With that said, mods, please kill this thread. Thank You. cool.png

I don't care if the pet was placed in his care or not, what he did is wrong, eating meat that went through suffering is wrong, and people who can't look in the mirror are wrong.

I'm going fishing in the morning. The poor unsuspecting fish hunting for food will swallow the jagged hook on my line as I snatch him out of the water, where he'll grasp for oxygen and flop around in an attempt to free himself from my evil trap make it back to the peacefully serenity of the ocean. As he realizes his attempts of escape are impossible and he lays there helplessly clinching to life I'll pull the knife from my side and behead him, all in the name of feeding my family. God how can I live with myself. Someone needs to stop me before I commit such a heinous crime.

hjerry likes this

Just heard about this, what a ****** thing for a person to do. Like a lot of people, I was a bit worried about him being drafted considering his history at Notre Dame, but was willing to give him a chance based on the organizations willingness to do the same. Glad to see we aren't keeping him around after this. You only get one second chance.

Tuggle'2 likes this

After reading his history of Shembo, it's a wonder he wasn't already in prison. If not for the suicide of the woman he supposedly raped, We may have had a different story. Either way he wound up back on the path he set for himself.

I'm not going back to read 50 pages, but am I to understand that there are people in this thread who are arguing that savagely stomping to death a defenseless domesticated dog should not be considered a criminal act?

Please tell me that's not the case.

Tuggle'2 likes this

I'm not going back to read 50 pages, but am I to understand that there are people in this thread who are arguing that savagely stomping to death a defenseless domesticated dog should not be considered a criminal act?

Nah, they got banned. The current numbnuts are the ones arguing that it's hypocritical to be bothered by that, while not being bothered by how cattle are treated, or that deer are hunted.

That's part of it. The other part is people equating killing animals for food as torturing animals and eating chicken sandwiches with condoning animal torture. And my personal favorite, that if you eat meat you can not have a problem with someone brutally murdering a defenseless animal.

Nah, they got banned. The current numbnuts are the ones arguing that it's hypocritical to be bothered by that, while not being bothered by how cattle are treated, or that deer are hunted.

Oh don't get your panties in a bunch cuz a precious little doggy got hurt. Do anything just don't hurt the poor little doggies they are man's best friend. Oh and they don't make that tasty steak so brutalizing them is just inhuman.

Ryan2Julio11 likes this

Oh don't get your panties in a bunch cuz a precious little doggy got hurt. Do anything just don't hurt the poor little doggies they are man's best friend. Oh and they don't make that tasty steak so brutalizing them is just inhuman.

You're making me hungry for some steak.

You're making me hungry for some steak.

Lol not surprisingly the mere mention of it gets yo stomach rumbling

Lol not surprisingly the mere mention of it gets yo stomach rumbling

Yep it's delicious. I think that I'll got get some right now.

I am rather hurt. "The Life and Times of Peaches" didn't get a single mention.

You guys are mean. Imma go home and tell ky momma you wuz mean to me!

i don't know what that has to do with my comment. Did i mention Shembo in that comment? I was making a broad statement about plenty of people have been convicted without evidence

So you're completely off topic, not trying to stay on topic, and generally being argumentative? Did I cover everything?

https://youtu.be/C8q5pDiglIA

But a potentially single blow to a previous yorkie is worse then this

He's talking out both sides of his mouth, and cannot admit it so he uses sarcasm to get off topic.

I also forgot these animals are skinned alive but it's OK since it's being used for food.