Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulitik

Prince Shembo Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty

1,037 posts in this topic

Notre Dame doesn't have a great record of being straightforward with sexual assault incidents. I think there might have been more to it. That said, they weren't cooperative, similar to FSU and Winston. I don't know if all the facts will ever come out.

Of course they won't. That's why I didn't trust Shembo from the start. Looks like I was right.

If you play football for a big school you can rape or **** up pretty much anything and get off scott free if you play it right.

Thankfully my alma mater deals with incidents like that at least (Zach Rapistburger)

There's no rage like knee-jerk internet rage to a Tweet. Only takes 140 characters to convict people these days.

Sit back, relax, and let everything play out before flying off the deep end.

Sorry, I think there's enough to make a judgement. Kind of hard for someone to fabricate a dead Yorkie.

Ok, and he still needs to be found guilty correct? Neither you or me know the reason for him doing what he's been charged for. I'll wait. Y'all can go ahead.

This is a very true statement. I don't trust anything the media tells me at face value. I think most of the "hate" in this thread is directed at the person who is basically saying regardless of conviction, this is no big deal because it was "just a dog"

I'll wait until I know the details, before I pass judgment. As others have mentioned, Babs killed a dog too. In his case, it was justified.

Wait and see

IT WAS A YORKIE. Killed by blunt force trauma. In an apartment.

I'm really curious what the excuse is.

As an avid dog lover (got two who roam the house 24x7 and never crated unless we are gone for more than a few hours and sleep in a human bed), this breaks my heart. That said, as a pragmatic who is probably one of the only people left on the planet who believes we should should not judge before hearing all the facts, I'm going to sit on this one before saying he should be done away with. Can't think of any reason why one would need to kick or kill a dog other than out of fear for one's own well-being.

Tuggle'2 likes this

Babs killed a pit bull that was prone to unprovoked attacks with his 4 year old daughter around. Killing a yorkie is a bit different I think. Shame that he's so dumb because I think he could have developed nicely.

PrimitiveJN likes this

If it's true he's a sorry human being...If the Falcons want to employ sorry human beings that's their choice.

It's my choice if I want to support a team that employs sorry human beings.

Trust me if there's anything to this (and I suspect there is) you know like I do the Falcons will wash their hands of Shembo with lightning speed.

Notre Dame doesn't have a great record of being straightforward with sexual assault incidents. I think there might have been more to it. That said, they weren't cooperative, similar to FSU and Winston. I don't know if all the facts will ever come out.

Good point. Still, even the girl's own accusation was being groped, not raped.

I'm not defending Shembo, but a false rape allegation is nothing to play with.

And no one confirmed or debunked Babs' incident as being justified when more facts emerged.

If it's true he's a sorry human being...If the Falcons want to employ sorry human beings that's their choice.

It's my choice if I want to support a team that employs sorry human beings.

Honestly I think every NFL team is littered with "sorry human beings." Guys cheating on their wives, being cruel, committing crimes they get away with, etc. Doesn't stop me from following the NFL but if the Falcons find out that he's guilty, then continue to welcome him on the team, it will be a definite black mark on the franchise for sure.

Sorry, I think there's enough to make a judgement. Kind of hard for someone to fabricate a dead Yorkie.

I just don't like this new thing where the outrage switch gets flipped immediately. People go nuts, fly off the handle, blast a guy and demand justice...until the story turns out differently and those people never own up or apologize for jumping to conclusions.

I just can't be mad at what pro athletes do any more. Expecting moral high ground from them will mostly end in disappointment. These guys get paid to smash each other. Some players use that as an outlet, some have it propel their rage off the field. Everyone is wired differently.

Do I agree with it? No. Of course not. Am I surprised by it? Absolutely not. Will it change my consumption of the NFL product? Not ever.

IT WAS A YORKIE. Killed by blunt force trauma. In an apartment.

I'm really curious what the excuse is.

Like I said, I'll wait and see. There could be circumstances, there could not. If he just got annoyed and hit the dog out of anger, then, by all means, cut him immediately, but I don't know what happened. I don't know if it was even intentional.

Wait and see

Was she his ex at the time of the incident? Because if so, why was he watching her dog?

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/falcons-player-accused-of-killing-ex-girlfriends-d/nmQ9y/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_sports_sfp

The article says:

"The following day, Shembo allegedly made comments to Williams about killing the dog, and she broke up with him, she told police."

Dem Birds likes this

I just don't like this new thing where the outrage switch gets flipped immediately. People go nuts, fly off the handle, blast a guy and demand justice...until the story turns out differently and those people never own up or apologize for jumping to conclusions.

I just can't be mad at what pro athletes do any more. Expecting moral high ground from them will mostly end in disappointment. These guys get paid to smash each other. Some players use that as an outlet, some have it propel their rage off the field. Everyone is wired differently.

Do I agree with it? No. Of course not. Am I surprised by it? Absolutely not. Will it change my consumption of the NFL product? Not ever.

He already had a history. He was charged. Enough for me. Bye, bye, We don't need this distraction.

Well that escalated fairly quickly...

I won't judge until I know what the real story is behind the dog killing, he could've easily been a vicious dog.

Person making all these dumb comments about how it's just a dog is clearly a troll. Ought to stop paying them any mind, just put them on my block list myself. All that being said, they're still awful comments and I wouldn't be opposed to them facing some real life karma in the near future. Maybe someone throwing dog treat shaped bricks through their car windshield. That'd be pretty amusing. Wistful thinking though.

I seriously doubt Shembo is innocent here but I'll wait to hear more before passing judgment.

And just as I say that, I see this. This seems like a very realistic non-fabricated report. Rot in the cage, Shembo. Rot.

One of the rare occasions I actually agree with you. While I get that though, I'm going to go ahead and say I believe these allegations are probably true and you have to get rid of a guy like that. That's not even a moral high ground thing, I'd be disgusted with anyone that did this and while NFL players are flawed individuals like the rest of the world they do live under a microscope and playing in the league is a privilege.

Like I said, I suspect we'll have a roster spot available within the next 48-72 hours.

An Atlanta Falcons player is accused of killing his ex-girlfriends dog, Gwinnett County police said Friday afternoon.

Prince Shembo, 23, has been charged with aggravated cruelty to animals, Cpl. Michele Pihera said.

On April 19, Denicia Williams called police to report that her former boyfriend had killed her Yorkie, named Dior. Williams told police she had taken Dior to Shembos home at a Mall of Georgia apartment complex four days earlier, according to police.

Dion, a Yorkie, died of blunt force trauma, according to a necropsy. (Photo: Gwinnett police)

At some point during her stay, Williams left Shembo and her dog unattended. When she returned, Dion was unresponsive, she told police.

A Yorkie? OK, all I need to hear. A Yorkie was no danger to him or anyone else. There is no excuse for killing such a small dog.

I'm speculating here, but I'll bet the dog started yapping/howling/crying when its owner left it behind in a strange place. He likely kicked it out of anger and frustration, instead of calling her to come get the dog. Or it might have peed, either out of nervousness or marking new territory, on his floor or furniture.