Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulitik

Prince Shembo Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty

1,037 posts in this topic

Even if a dog was my best friend that's pretty messed up thinking to me as in because dog is "mans's best friend" they matter more then other animals. so if a guy is your best friend you would be more upset if he was killed then if an entire town was taken as slaves and treated harshly? One animal isn't above another animal to me. One human isn't above an human to me. Hroses have been bred for the use of humans far longer then any dog and have provided far more value but do you care they are used for sport then shot out in the field should they get injured? That's kinda

Selfish just cause your more attached to dogs they matter more

Okay so... horses have most certainly not been domesticated and bred for and by humans longer than dogs.

Dogs are or were the first animal to be taken in by early man. This happened 15,000-30,000 years ago, they even recently found fossil evidence that jumps that number to 40,000-60,000. Horses on the other hand were first used around 3,000 BC.

yeah the information is out there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism#Controversy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation#Safety

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame#Safety_and_health_effects

are you guys conspiracy theorists that believe somehow thousands of scientists from different institutions across different countries are all paid off to come to incorrect conclusions or just luddites

Lmao. Wikipedia. Nice one. Your the guy who thinks fast good has nothing to do with cancer. Smh.

My issue isn't with people who don't eat meat. Good on them , I personally like meat, to each their own. My issue is with mainly AnonFalconFan who was condemning anyone who eats meat and said we can't be mad at Shembo because of that reason. Equating those two distinctly different things with one another is asinine. Equating eating a chicken sandwich with the brutal murder of a dog is unequivocal.

Hopefully I wasn't too brash with you. I was under the impression you were siding with that ideology. I have 4 cats and a dog all of which I adopted. I adopted every single pet I've ever had. I don't condemn people for buying pets, it's just how I am.

As my issue isn't with those that do eat meat. Mine is the notion that animal abuse is worse when its on pets then say a chicken or cow. Hard to ignore one to be all up on the rails about when they are both equally bad. Not telling people how to feel just my opinion

I can get with that but rape and sexual assault are the same right?

No, they aren't. Shembo himself is an example. The girl who accused him of sexual assault said he grabbed her boob. She never accused him of rape.

Okay so... horses have most certainly not been domesticated and bred for and by humans longer than dogs.

Dogs are or were the first animal to be taken in by early man. This happened 15,000-30,000 years ago, they even recently found fossil evidence that jumps that number to 40,000-60,000. Horses on the other hand were first used around 3,000 BC.

OK say your right and dogs came first, does that mean they mean more the horses? Both have been domesticated

No, they aren't. Shembo himself is an example. The girl who accused him of sexual assault said he grabbed her boob. She never accused him of rape.

Yeah it was cleared up a little bit ago thanks though

I support "no-kill" shelters. I donate regularly to one.

I don't know man.

Mashburn hipped me to some of those shelters (which I had used once).

He said that in some cases they don't actually kill the dogs, but they don't feed them and let them starve to death.

I'd never heard that before, and I hope it's not true.

OK say your right and dogs came first, does that mean they mean more the horses? Both have been domesticated

A horse is shot after breaking a leg or something similar for the horse's own good. A horse's leg is fragile, and almost impossible to heal due to the animal's mass.

It's the humane thing to do. If I am ever in a situation of no hope beyond lingering on in pain, I would hope for the same kindness.

As my issue isn't with those that do eat meat. Mine is the notion that animal abuse is worse when its on pets then say a chicken or cow. Hard to ignore one to be all up on the rails about when they are both equally bad. Not telling people how to feel just my opinion

I agree to that

A horse is shot after breaking a leg or something similar for the horse's own good. A horse's leg is fragile, and almost impossible to heal due to the animal's mass.

It's the humane thing to do. If I am ever in a situation of no hope beyond lingering on in pain, I would hope for the same kindness.

Wasn't the point I was making. The point is forced to be used in a sport then killed when it does indeed Breaks it's fragile leg. Doesn't horse racing height the chance of that?

I don't know man.

Mashburn hipped me to some of those shelters (which I had used once).

He said that in some cases they don't actually kill the dogs, but they don't feed them and let them starve to death.

I'd never heard that before, and I hope it's not true.

As far as I know that never happens, and would be against the law if they did. When I go there, I never see any dogs that look malnourished.

rounz likes this

Lmao. Wikipedia. Nice one. Your the guy who thinks fast good has nothing to do with cancer. Smh.

click the little numbers next to the sentences and then read the sources

Nobody likes any form of animal abuse.... where the hell is this which is worse stuff coming from? There is a difference in putting to slaughter, say a chicken, and stomping a puppies face in.

I mean I really don't get it. It really sounds like, "I don't care about dog stomping because those people over there don't care about poor conditions in chicken houses". What the heck kind of logic is that?

As far as I know that never happens, and would be against the law if they did. When I go there, I never see any dogs that look malnourished.

OK

That's good to know. Like I said I used one of them once when I couldn't get a stray adopted at the Humane Society, and it had bothered me since I heard that.

Wasn't the point I was making. The point is forced to be used in a sport then killed when it does indeed Breaks it's fragile leg. Doesn't horse racing height the chance of that?

It does. Which is why I oppose both horse and greyhound racing.

I owned a rescued greyhound once. She was a real sweetheart. Well, the rabbits eating my grandmother's veggie garden weren't thrilled about her.

We don't live in a vacuum. I said my piece about Shembo. I also commented on how the real world views animals in a hypocritical way. I delved off topic but the attacks on Shembo and the condemning he was receiving before being found guilty reminded me of anew online lynch mob. I also find it funny that people are dodging the question of are pets considered more valuable under the notion is they only wish to discuss Shembo to stay on topic yet post about and insult others point of view. Thread is full of hypocrisy

Nobody likes any form of animal abuse.... where the **** is this which is worse stuff coming from? There is a difference in putting to slaughter, say a chicken, and stomping a puppies face in.

I mean I really don't get it. It really sounds like, "I don't care about dog stomping because those people over there don't care about poor conditions in chicken houses". What the heck kind of logic is that?

I think its just damage control by people who were initially defending this guy... little did they know the rest of the board was looking at them like this:

tumblr_m6hvfunD911qdpszyo1_500.gif

Duff_Man likes this

We don't live in a vacuum. I said my piece about Shembo. I also commented on how the real world views animals in a hypocritical way. I delved off topic but the attacks on Shembo and the condemning he was receiving before being found guilty reminded me of anew online lynch mob. I also find it funny that people are dodging the question of are pets considered more valuable under the notion is they only wish to discuss Shembo to stay on topic yet post about and insult others point of view. Thread is full of hypocrisy

635515967163120478318194316_michaelscott

Dude what are you even going on about

99% of the people in this thread went "Man that is ****** up if he did it" and then once the autopsy report came out and more evidence came to light, we rightfully jumped on his ***. Just give up

there is nothing inherently poisonous about the food you buy at the supermarket, or the fast food sold by mcdonalds, or the fluoridation of water. there are tons of scientific research devoted to all these topics. the FDA isnt the only group doing research into this stuff. obesity is on the rise because of poor dietary choices and sedentary lifestyles. the main issue with fast food is the high sodium content in the food. its not GMOs or scary chemicals, but people just eating anything and everything they want without putting a modicum of thought into their diet combined with not doing enough physical activity to offset their caloric intake.

there isnt anymore to discuss about this really. the information is out there. unlike your information mine is backed by the scientific community so you can believe whatever you want, but this is crazy off topic anyway so i dont want to talk about it anymore.

Nobody likes any form of animal abuse.... where the **** is this which is worse stuff coming from? There is a difference in putting to slaughter, say a chicken, and stomping a puppies face in.

It's been said plenty of times that nobody said they didn't care or it's justified just hypocritical

I'll answer the question.

Yes, pets are considered more valuable than livestock. We make pets a part of our lives. A part of our families. We invest ourselves emotionally into our pets. Dogs, especially, because dogs are often relied upon as guardians or partners. Our lives, our family's lives, are often resting to some degree upon the unwavering, unquestioning loyalty of a good dog.

So yes: there is a difference in how people view pets as opposed to livestock. Inhumane and cruel treatment of livestock is very wrong, and is increasing illegal. But cruelty to a pet is viewed much differently.

Tuggle'2 likes this

99% of the people in this thread went "Man that is ****** up if he did it" and then once the autopsy report came out and more evidence came to light, we rightfully jumped on his ***. Just give up

If you aren't going to bother to read my post I'm not gonna bother you with response after this. I clearly statedo what I meant a number of times

I'll answer the question.

Yes, pets are considered more valuable than livestock. We make pets a part of our lives. A part of our families. We invest ourselves emotionally into our pets. Dogs, especially, because dogs are often relied upon as guardians or partners. Our lives, our family's lives, are often resting to some degree upon the unwavering, unquestioning loyalty of a good dog.

So yes: there is a difference in how people view pets as opposed to livestock. Inhumane and cruel treatment of livestock is very wrong, and is increasing illegal. But cruelty to a pet is viewed much differently.

OK thank you. That's all I was saying. Now in my opinion I view all animals the same pets or not. I think they all should have the same rights but I guess that's too utopian like to hope for

LOL are you serious there were people on the first page of the thread that wanted him thrown in jail, even before the statement came out.