Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulitik

Prince Shembo Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty

1,037 posts in this topic

Find me one post that someone is taking up for Shembo in please? I'm doing my best to not insult some posters reading comprehension but it's hard to think you can read the views of some people as taking up for Shembo rather then calling out hypocrisy for the outrage of those who eat meat and condone the conditions of slaughter house and hunting for sport just cause they like their meat medium rare

There are plenty of posts in this thread that have downplayed what Shembo allegedly did.

I have kept my comments centered squarely on the supposed actions of Prince Shembo. I'm not interested in any diversionary subject matter.

Take that up with someone who is interested in discussing that.

It's apples and oranges.

So Nino11 and Ryan2Julio11, can y'all tell us what Shembo's punishment should be for this crime?

At this point whatever the public deems fair cause at this point in society it would be asinine to argue he should be punished the same as the dudes in slaughter houses that break cows legs and cram them into too small compartments for the sake of they make a nice burger. What he did is wrong if he is found guilty but I believe it should be on same field as someone else for a similar crime. I think guys get less punishment for killing someone driving drunk then animal cruelty these days

yeah the information is out there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism#Controversy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation#Safety

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame#Safety_and_health_effects

are you guys conspiracy theorists that believe somehow thousands of scientists from different institutions across different countries are all paid off to come to incorrect conclusions or just luddites

There are plenty of posts in this thread that have downplayed what Shembo allegedly did.

I have kept my comments centered squarely on the supposed actions of Prince Shembo. I'm not interested in any diversionary subject matter.

Take that up with someone who is interested in discussing that.

It's apples and oranges.

We must be reading different threads then. While I have seen comparisons I see no one making light of what Shembo did vs calling awareness to all abused animals no matter how much their abuse is allowed because of traditions or convenience. But go ahead with your Lynch mob for the one animal kill and ignore the thousands that get brutalized daily. Very compassionate

So Nino11 and Ryan2Julio11, can y'all tell us what Shembo's punishment should be for this crime?

I said before that he should be fined and suspended.

We must be reading different threads then. While I have seen comparisons I see no one making light of what Shembo did vs calling awareness to all abused animals no matter how much their abuse is allowed because of traditions or convenience. But go ahead with your Lynch mob for the one animal kill and ignore the thousands that get brutalized daily. Very compassionate

Somehow everyone believes that we think that Shembo shouldn't get punished if he is guilty. I never said that and I don't recall anyone saying that, but I guess in their eyes it means that we don't believe he should be punished.

yeah the information is out there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism#Controversy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation#Safety

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame#Safety_and_health_effects

are you guys conspiracy theorists that believe somehow thousands of scientists from different institutions across different countries are all paid off to come to incorrect conclusions or just luddites

Do you believe the FA is complete honest and companies hold no sway over their "findings"

Can't call that a wasted pick. You cannot predict this kind of thing.

Obviously the dude needs some therapy.

If I can interrupt the food safety crapstorm to talk some football---

It was a wasted pick. That doesn't mean it was a bad pick. I didn't keep up much with that draft, but he was probably as good and had as much potential as anyone else available.

Sometimes even good picks don't work out. I will say that in hindsight, maybe TD should have investigated the college incident a little more thoroughly. Or maybe the cops didn't do enough to make any more investigation feasible. Who knows at this point.

If I can interrupt the food safety crapstorm to talk some football---

It was a wasted pick. That doesn't mean it was a bad pick. I didn't keep up much with that draft, but he was probably as good and had as much potential as anyone else available.

Sometimes even good picks don't work out. I will say that in hindsight, maybe TD should have investigated the college incident a little more thoroughly. Or maybe the cops didn't do enough to make any more investigation feasible. Who knows at this point.

Bad picks are when the player you pick doesn't work out. How is a good pick any player that doesn't work out?

Lynch mob? Nice use of hyperbole and good attempt at turning this into something else. We're done.

Also, posted in the other thread, but Shembo's attorney says he kicked the dog after it bit him while he was trying to put it in its crate, but didn't mean to kill it.

Okay, boss. Game, set, match. I hope he goes to prison. Both because I believe he kicked the everloving **** out of that dog, and because he think's we're all stupid enough to believe that story.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/falcons-player-accused-of-killing-ex-girlfriends-d/nmQ9y/

Well, there are the connected dots. Means, motive and intent. Throw the book at him, and I'm glad the Falcons cut his sorry ***.

Bad picks are when the player you pick doesn't work out. How is a good pick any player that doesn't work out?

A good pick is one that grades out at or above the spot taken, fills a need and/or is the best player available. A good pick can suffer an injury; they can get paid and lose the intense drive and desire that they had; the coaches may not be teachers/developers; new coaches may change to a new scheme that the player does not fit in.

I said before that he should be fined and suspended.

Fined? Suspended? That is just asinine. Setting aside the morality of the issue (since you seem to have none yourself), the Falcons are a business. A business with a very particular image. No employee of such a business can do something that so outrages decent people with a conscience (seemingly excluding you) that are the bulk of your consumer base.

Also, what he did is a felony. He will hopefully be sentenced to, and serve, the allowable maximum of 5 years in prison.

Troyces likes this

What?

You seem to be referencing league punishment. I'm asking what punishment he should receive for the crime of animal cruelty.

Fined? Suspended? That is just asinine. Setting aside the morality of the issue (since you seem to have none yourself), the Falcons are a business. A business with a very particular image. No employee of such a business can do something that so outrages decent people with a conscience (seemingly excluding you) that are the bulk of your consumer base.

Also, what he did is a felony. He will hopefully be sentenced to, and serve, the allowable maximum of 5 years in prison.

So you think that I have no morals because I don't have your views lol guy glad you know me based off of a message board. Business lol please stop this is the same business that still employed AP, even Josh Brent was able to play after serving a few months in jail after killing a person under the influence. Adrian Peterson, Ray McDonald, Ray Rice all did something worse than Shembo. Like I said before our society place a higher value on "domesticated animals" than people.

You seem to be referencing league punishment. I'm asking what punishment he should receive for the crime of animal cruelty.

I think he should be fined and placed on probation for killing the dog.

1) he admitted it to his girlfriend

2). He allegedly killed a dog while playing for the ATLANTA FALCONS, the team involved in one of the most famous animal cruelty cases in history

Talking as Hunan being and pet owner, the guy deserves everything coming his way. As a falcons fan, I don't want someone that stupid anywhere near a key position in our defense

I think he should be fined and placed on probation for killing the dog.

That might not be far off from what he actually gets, honestly.

Cool, thanks for responding.

That might not be far off from what he actually gets, honestly.

Cool, thanks for responding.

No problem there are no hard feelings here. Some people cannot accept others views without throwing temper tantrums and acting like adults.

No problem there are no hard feelings here. Some people cannot accept others views without throwing temper tantrums and acting like adults.

I don't really have an issue with your views from what I can recall reading them yesterday.I just think your timing on expressing said views sucks.smile.png

At least we have something to talk about now. It's a **** shame. I love small dogs. My family had a Maltese. Beautiful white fur. She passed away 2 years ago. I still can't bring myself to get another dog lol. My kids are like "it's time Dad" lol. **** I miss that dog.

WornOutFalconFan likes this

So you think that I have no morals because I don't have your views lol guy glad you know me based off of a message board. Business lol please stop this is the same business that still employed AP, even Josh Brent was able to play after serving a few months in jail after killing a person under the influence. Adrian Peterson, Ray McDonald, Ray Rice all did something worse than Shembo. Like I said before our society place a higher value on "domesticated animals" than people.

The bad actions of one person does not excuse bad actions in another.

I posted my views on AP when there were rumors of us trading for him.

I posted my views on Greg Hardy.

Ray Rice is out of the league and will likely never again suit up for any NFL franchise. This pleases me.

The Bears were stupid for signing McDonald, and I would support a huge fine and forfeiture of draft picks for doing so.

The bad actions of one person does not excuse bad actions in another.

I posted my views on AP when there were rumors of us trading for him.

I posted my views on Greg Hardy.

Ray Rice is out of the league and will likely never again suit up for any NFL franchise. This pleases me.

The Bears were stupid for signing McDonald, and I would support a huge fine and forfeiture of draft picks for doing so.

Never said his actions should be excused, I'm only saying he shouldn't have a worse punishment than any of them because they committed worse crimes. The man career is probably over.