Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulitik

Prince Shembo Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty

1,037 posts in this topic

and im with you to a certain extent. when lab grown meat becomes just as good as animal meat in the next 50-100 years i'd be all for banning the sale of animal meat and the hunting of animals for anything but culling reasons.

Lab grown anything is terrible for our bodies. Read up on the effects of GMOs man they destroy the human body. A lot of that stuff causes cancer. The world is waking up to it slot if products are marketed as non GMO

and deer is honestly the worst example to use for people that believe no animals should be killed. unless population density increases so much in areas deer populate that their natural habitats shrink to a point that's almost impossible to conceptionalize right now because its so far in the future then deer will always need to be culled to prevent them from breeding themselves to starvation and to lower the amount of car accidents they cause.

might as well eat them if they have to be killed anyway. i see nothing morally wrong with deer hunting although i understand the arguments against other types of hunting.

and deer is honestly the worst example to use for people that believe no animals should be killed. unless population density increases so much in areas deer populate that their natural habitats shrink to a point that's almost impossible to conceptionalize right now because its so far in the future then deer will always need to be culled to prevent them from breeding themselves to starvation and to lower the amount of car accidents they cause.

might as well eat them if they have to be killed anyway. i see nothing morally wrong with deer hunting although i understand the arguments against other types of hunting.

Same with wild hogs. The part part with hogs is they completely destroy everything in their path.

Don't get me wrong I'm not championing for PETA right now. As I have stated numerous times I'm not excusing what Shembo dis cause slaughter houses do the same. I just don't like hypocrisy. I spoke about it on here but I'm not tryna change the world through a Falcons message board. Just commenting on the topic and to people's ideas on it

there is no evidence GMOs or preservatives or whatever cause damage to humans. the modern diet is so far beyond what people had even 50 years ago much less hundreds in a nutritional sense that it boggles my mind people are buying into pseudoscience.

average life expectancy is going up in every first world country in the world. average height is increasing. obesity and cancer rates increasing are because of sedentary life styles, increased portion sizes, and over eating, as well as improved cancer diagnoses because of technology. its the same reason autism rates are rising. its not caused by vaccines its just we know what autism is now and our ability to diagnose it has improved.

why do you think athletes are continuously getting bigger and stronger? its not just steroids. its improved lifting knowledge and the modern diet.

there is no evidence GMOs or preservatives or whatever cause damage to humans. the modern diet is so far beyond what people had even 50 years ago much less hundreds in a nutritional sense that it boggles my mind people are buying into pseudoscience.

average life expectancy is going up in every first world country in the world. average height is increasing. obesity and cancer rates increasing are because of sedentary life styles, increased portion sizes, and over eating, as well as improved cancer diagnoses because of technology. its the same reason autism rates are rising. its not caused by vaccines its just we know what autism is now and our ability to diagnose it has improved.

why do you think athletes are continuously getting bigger and stronger? its not just steroids. its improved lifting knowledge and the modern diet.

I hope you look into that more I truly do. You do realize the FDA accepts mobey from the same organizations they are expected to monitor. If you care look up the book World Without Cancer by G Edward Griffin. I hope you aren't a guy that think the media is always right. I am the type of personew that looks at the agenda of the person presenting me information.

Bobby.Digital likes this

I hope you look into that more I truly do. You do realize the FDA accepts money from the same organizations they are expected to monitor. If you care look up the book World Without Cancer by G Edward Griffin. I hope you aren't a guy that think the media is always right. I am the type of person that looks at the agenda of the person presenting me information.

I'm out. I usually don't argue politics because people lack an open mind. And now I'm having people calling me stupid, yet they aren't willing to bother making their fantastic point, which shouldn't be so hard since I'm so unintelligent. I don't know. Maybe I simply wouldn't understand.

My premises are such:

1. Suffering is bad and should be avoided if possible

2. We have the ability to keep animals from suffering by not eating meat

Therefore, we should not eat meat. And my argument goes further in that people who eat meat are imposing immense suffering on animals and are almost as bad morally as someone who needlessly kicks dogs because he is angry. And it's a little hypocritical to get so angry at him.

And all the arguments against me seem to come down to one of two things, I think: eating meat is not as bad as kicking a dog because I am not participating enthusiastically in the event, or eating meat is okay because we need sustenance. On the first point, that's still a moral wrong and somewhat hypocritical to get so angry at the man when you are supporting animal suffering. If a child was beaten into doing labor for you, and you paid his father for the labor, would you not be a major contributor to the event and a moral deviant for accepting this deal? You could have regretfully accepted this deal, but that doesn't make it wrong nonetheless.

On the second point, that doesn't contradict either premise so you have to reject one of the premises or reject the conclusion. The argument is valid, so you have to reject one of the premises. Which one is wrong?

Ok, as I said, I'm out. I hope you all have a great Friday night. I know you guys must have had fun laughing at me but I'm done, folks. I will not be here all night.

Smh... Sorry but there's a vast difference between eating an animal for sustenance and killing an animal for jollies.

Life expectancy is going up because we have the latest medical advancements. Simple as that. What do you mean by the modern diet? If your talking about the standard American diet all you have to do is look around and see all the obese people and see how bad it is for you. There's a reason why America is the fattest country in the world and have one of the highest cancer rates. It's all the processed foods, soda, animal products, sugar, and oils they are eating. Stuff that's only been introduced to our diets in the as 50 years. People are so unaware of what's actually healthy. The average person think Subway is eating healthy (smh!). I could go on and on for days about things like hormones in milk, Flouride in water, and aspartame in diet coke but at the end of the day I'm not going to waste my time. The information is out there if people really cared about what they put into there bodies.

I hope you look into that more I truly do. You do realize the FDA accepts mobey from the same organizations they are expected to monitor. If you care look up the book World Without Cancer by G Edward Griffin. I hope you aren't a guy that think the media is always right. I am the type of personew that looks at the agenda of the person presenting me information.

If you really want to see how corrupt the FDA is read up on how aspartame was approved. Just insane.

Bottom line for this thread is that some people will twist and contort logic and reason to absurd lengths to justify the actions of a sociopath.

End of story.

capologist and Sidecar Falcon like this

You simply don't kill a dog if you are an ATL Falcon. Something like that obviously has alot of sting and history for this franchise even going beyond the horrible act of killing a dog. Dumbass and he threw away his career due to his temper

Wasted pick, fucck you Shembo SMH

Can't call that a wasted pick. You cannot predict this kind of thing.

Obviously the dude needs some therapy.

Bottom line for this thread is that some people will twist and contort logic and reason to absurd lengths to justify the actions of a sociopath.

End of story.

Exactly. I'm not getting the Shembo lovefest.

So...do we now like the Falcon Filter again? Does this support not signing Greg Hardy? I need to know where we stand on these issues.

So...do we now like the Falcon Filter again? Does this support not signing Greg Hardy? I need to know where we stand on these issues.

I think if TD or Mike Smith did it, it's still wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your argument is that we already allow "cruelty" in factory farming or hunting and thus we shouldn't overreact to kicking a dog to death. In other words, animals don't have the same rights, and Shembo's crime needs to be weighed in relation to the cruelties the laws already accept.

My point is pretty obvious no matter how hard you try to miss it. The laws regarding cruelty in factory farming or hunting are wrong, thus it's not a justification to point to those laws for Shembo. And of course, this is beside the point that the laws for animal cruelty for domesticated animals are already very clear.

No that's not my argument. My argument is that people overreacted before all of the facts came out and he is found guilty. Also people are complaining and getting outraged for him kicking a dog (he came out and said it) I never said that the way that other animals are treated justified what he did, and if that's how you took it then I should have done a better job in explaining myself. And don't sit here and pretend that the laws are made by the most moral people who don't have hidden agendas. The reason why people are upset is because our society put dogs and cats darn near and sometimes above the lives of people, and that they are no different than any other animal.

Can't call that a wasted pick. You cannot predict this kind of thing.

Obviously the dude needs some therapy.

i mean, he had some off field issues before, so even though you cant predict he´d kill a dog, he wasnt a the kind of guy TD drafts. I honestly thought he´d be a good SAM in this scheme

me4falcons likes this

i mean, he had some off field issues before, so even though you cant predict he´d kill a dog, he wasnt a the kind of guy TD drafts. I honestly thought he´d be a good SAM in this scheme

Obviously there were some issues, but they took a gamble (and lost). This board especially has been clamoring for that kind of pick/signing.

Was a 4th rounder. Can't argue that it was a gamble, but a low risk one.

I don't know why you think these other things have anything to do with this. It seems to me that you, and others, bring up these things to downplay what he allegedly did.

I can respect those who want to wait to see if he's guilty, but some of you seem to be defending beating/killing a dog as if it's okay relative to the rest of society.

Edit: added allegedly

Nobody is saying that it is ok. We're just saying that it's hypocritical that people pick and choose when its ok to get upset at animal abuse.

Life expectancy is going up because we have the latest medical advancements. Simple as that. What do you mean by the modern diet? If your talking about the standard American diet all you have to do is look around and see all the obese people and see how bad it is for you. There's a reason why America is the fattest country in the world and have one of the highest cancer rates. It's all the processed foods, soda, animal products, sugar, and oils they are eating. Stuff that's only been introduced to our diets in the as 50 years. People are so unaware of what's actually healthy. The average person think Subway is eating healthy (smh!). I could go on and on for days about things like hormones in milk, Flouride in water, and aspartame in diet coke but at the end of the day I'm not going to waste my time. The information is out there if people really cared about what they put into there bodies.

If you really want to see how corrupt the FDA is read up on how aspartame was approved. Just insane.

Believe me I'm aware. The general population is so reliant on the news and the system they can be fed anything, literally, and believe it to be good and true cause the system allows it

Nobody is saying that it is ok. We're just saying that it's hypocritical that people pick and choose when its ok to get upset at animal abuse.

Exactly

End of story.

Find me one post that someone is taking up for Shembo in please? I'm doing my best to not insult some posters reading comprehension but it's hard to think you can read the views of some people as taking up for Shembo rather then calling out hypocrisy for the outrage of those who eat meat and condone the conditions of slaughter house and hunting for sport just cause they like their meat medium rare

So Nino11 and Ryan2Julio11, can y'all tell us what Shembo's punishment should be for this crime?