Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulitik

Prince Shembo Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty

1,037 posts in this topic

Guys, there are certain posters that are just trying to get a rise out of people. They are trolls. They WANT you to get mad. They WANT you to insult them. They feed on it. It is likely the only power and control they ever have in their otherwise failed and miserable lives.

Either ignore them or report them. Don't feed them.

But if they ignore them then that is one less thing to be outraged by and that just won't fly.

I NEED TO BE OUTRAGED.

Big day on TATF. Went from Miko getting clowned to Shembo killing a Yorkie.

Yall asked for something to talk about. 50 pages and 20K posts coming up.

Stop speculating, condemning and convicting until the facts are released. So far we've heard one side of the story.

At least that guy is joking.

The people telling others to kill themselves seem pretty serious.

Isn't that worse?

Yeah, but a one off comment is a warning for me, multiple comments simply to bait people and be controversial is a banning.

Stop speculating, condemning and convicting until the facts are released. So far we've heard one side of the story.

You're aware he's been waived, right?

Horrible comparison and ignorant statement. Georgia's laws on animal cruelty, like other states, protects DOMESTICATED animals. The reason is simple, society reaps significant benefits from the existence of domesticated animals and they must be protected as a result. To see someone compare this to the killing of a bug/pest, or a wild animal, or livestock raised solely for the purpose of food, is absolutely ignorant. I saw this same crap during the Vick thing.

So stop it, and instead tell the truth. You don't care if he killed a dog. You flat don't care. Just man up and admit it.

Thank you.

I got so tired of trying to educate people about the clear and distinct differences between hunting and what Vick and his friends were doing that I just quit trying.

When I was a teenager in Tennessee the vet I worked for got suspicious of these rural, country bumpkin ***holes who kept bringing in dogs with the same injuries (deep lacerations in the neck area...That's the prime area dogs bred for fighting attack.) Some of the dogs we were able to save, some of them had to be euthanized.

Dr. Greene reported them to the police. They were arrested and convicted of running a dogfighting ring.

I've seen this garbage close up and the people who think nothing of being cruel to animals.

You don't want them living next door to you or interacting with your kids.

paulitik likes this

This is a messed up situation. Shembo was indeed wrong at the same time a dog's life is nowhere close to the value of a human's and I have saw worse happen to actual human beings lately therefore I feel nobody should do any real time for harming animals when folks are getting away just fine with harming humans with more facts than this. This is in regards to everyone wanting to jail him. he deserves repercussions but I dont think jail time should be one. My opinion

Guys, there are certain posters that are just trying to get a rise out of people. They are trolls. They WANT you to get mad. They WANT you to insult them. They feed on it. It is likely the only power and control they ever have in their otherwise failed and miserable lives.

Either ignore them or report them. Don't feed them.

This, don't engage the troll directly if all they seek is your attention.

Two things I've found especially interesting here.

One, if the girlfriend's statements in the police report were true, he admitted killing the dog to her. Which would be incredibly stupid of him.

Two, the Falcons waived him without taking the usual 'let the legal system run its course' approach. Which suggests to me that he admitted killing the dog to them. Also incredibly stupid.

I'm just spitballing on this, but Shembo probably could have beaten this thing easily just by denying the allegation. The man must really be incredibly stupid.

paulitik and Tuggle'2 like this

He is not a Falcon any more. The man is guilty.

At least that guy is joking.

The people telling others to kill themselves seem pretty serious.

Isn't that worse?

Defending people justifying animal abuse is worse.

Team made a decision. Guess they had enough facts in the matter to do so. Someone else is going to have to step up. Now on to talking about football again, thank goodness.

As far as specifically being related to the Falcons it doesn't matter any longer. He has been waived.

The legal system will do its thing now/

I feel you here.

Stop comparing livestock and pets bred for companionship. What a horrible thing to put side by side,

People are angry because Shembo was allegedly cruel to an animal. Cruelty is cruelty you cannot separate the to because one is a dog. That's what I'm saying double standard.

Like I said double standard. Did you know that on chicken farms they are kept in a crowded room and fed steroids in their food so they overgrow their legs and cannot walk. How about the cows that have holes in their stomachs so food can go directly to their stomachs. You're telling me the meat that is produced doesn't benefit society, your comments are the ones that are ignorant.

Yes farm animals benefit society, for the purpose of providing food. You can kill a chicken and you have violated Georgia law. Not the same is true for a dog or a cat. You can continue your off base comparison all you want, but I'll tell you this .. the legislature disagrees with you. I learned this stuff very early in law school ... animal laws and the reasons behind them are discussed in detail, but hey, you keep telling us how full of wisdom you are and how ignorant my position is (even though it is consistent with the laws in all 50 states).

Again, stop the silly comparisons and admit that you just don't care. If it were up to you, people could kill dogs all they want. Shembo was your boy. He's a football player. That's all you need right? I mean a football player vs a dog? Just admit it.

One good thing about threads like these......If you shake the tree hard enough the nuts will fall out.

Stop comparing livestock and pets bred for companionship. What a horrible thing to put side by side,

BUT WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHICKENS?!

BTW, if you go kick a farmers chicken repeatedly and leave it to suffer and die, I'm pretty sure that's a crime too (not addressing you of course, Tuggle).

Tuggle'2 likes this

Two things I've found especially interesting here.

One, if the girlfriend's statements in the police report were true, he admitted killing the dog to her. Which would be incredibly stupid of him.

Two, the Falcons waived him without taking the usual 'let the legal system run its course' approach. Which suggests to me that he admitted killing the dog to them. Also incredibly stupid.

I'm just spitballing on this, but Shembo probably could have beaten this thing easily just by denying the allegation. The man must really be incredibly stupid.

His stupidity is beyond question. But the forensic evidence from the dog's autopsy makes any denial almost impossible. The breed of the dog makes "self defense" laughably unrealistic.

As far as specifically being related to the Falcons it doesn't matter any longer. He has been waived.

The legal system will do its thing now/

do you have faith in the legal system?