Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulitik

Prince Shembo Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty

1,037 posts in this topic

If you're comparing a wild deer being hunted for food to a domesticated toy dog being tortured, you're also a sick person.

Lol people hunt animals for sport all the time, and don't use it for food. I'm not going to apologize for my beliefs, people want this man thrown in prison for allegedly kicking a dog, and I think that it is overreacting.

It seems to me the same people who defended Vick are the same people defending Shembo.

There is no talking to them. They don't care about empathy or compassion. All they care about is being entertained. We can clearly see we have fans that are sociopaths too that support other sociopaths.

First they will talk about the courts and feign skepticism. Then even if the courts find the guy guilty, they will just change their tune that "people are more important" or "there are other things more important" to try to change the subject.

For me this is about having compassion for animals. Even if someone hold humans over non-human animals, animal cruelty leads to cruelty to people. These types get desensitized and tend to want to up the ante.

I want the Falcons to win a Super Bowl too but not a the sacrifice of caring about others - humans or otherwise.

Football is entertainment at the end of the day, and there is no reason to give entertainers special treatment.

So would you say the same thing for peeps who hunt? I'm not saying what he did is right, but people overreact when it comes to dogs and cats and believe that they are any different than any other animal. Had he done this to a person I would agree but it's a dog.

Hunters kill. Usually quick, and with a lot of respect for the animal in question. Lung shots can cut off oxygen to the brain and kill within seconds, while neck shots can kill quickly and cut off feeling as well. A thorough and expert hunter also uses every part of the animal - for example, with a deer, you would use the meat clearly, and the hide, but also the intestines, the stomach, the bones. Even the brains can be used for tanning.

This dog was not hunted. It was abused and died slowly in tremendous pain over the course of several hours. This has been verified.

He already admitted to doing it and the evidence points to him. You need a judge or a jury to say he is guilty in order to think he is?

As disturbing as the allegations are, what's more disturbing is the amount of people who are quick to twist the facts and make up a new story... Nowhere does it even imply that Shembo admitted to anything, or that there's any evidence other than the girlfriend's allegations of what Shembo may or may not have said to her.

it's like that time that Tuggle once said to me, "I think I might have run a busload of elderly church ladies off the road..." Turns out what he really said to me was, "What are you doing in my bathroom??" And actually he didn't say anything to me at all...

I hear "Shembo kicked a dog to death..." but what I read was, SHE SAID: "He told me, 'What if I kicked it?"

I hear "dog died of blunt force trauma," but what I read was, "Dog was alive and unresponsive, brought to vet, who gave it a shot, and the dog died... Brain Anyeurism..."

Now I'm not making any snap judgments, but I do know that small breed dogs have a history of having messed up health problems due to their size and metabolism, and, depending on the age of the dog, it's quite possible that he did have an anyeurism, which caused it's catatonic state. From there, the girlfriend could have concocted any story in her head that would help ease the anguish of her dog dying (I feel for her... I love my dogs... sad.png )

It is just a dog but it wasn't his dog. & you just can't go around killing things for no reason. Unless he was attacked or something then i dont see how its ok. If someone kicked & killed my dog id be pissed dogs are like family sometimes. Gotta control your temper. But on the flip side. No one should lose their careers for that. Kill him in his pockets.

WTF does who owns the dog have to do with anything?

Ban him from his livelihood and do multiple years in prison for an animal? Absurd, imo. Animals get killed everyday so what

It makes me very sad that there are people like this in the world. I've accepted it but it doesn't make me any less sad. The fact that anyone would utter the phrase "so what" when referring to a living creature being tortured and beaten to death just proves that there are some really sick people in this world and it makes me wonder what happened to make people think this way. We aren't raised to hate animals, it's a learned behavior.

Jigglypuff and I love Julio like this

I won't judge him or call him guilty without more information but IF this is true and it really happened that way, he's lost all respect from me and I don't want him to be a Falcon anymore.

If guilty, I hope he is prosecuted and does jail time.

Ban him from his livelihood and do multiple years in prison for an animal? Absurd, imo. Animals get killed everyday so what

it's more about punishing the act of committing violence than measuring the repercussions of the violence

Most Dogs were bred to fight and hunt in our history, so the vick punishment to me was harsh. The general public this day and age has gone soft. I can go buy a permit to shoot deer just to hang them as trophies on my wall. We also breed animals just to mutilate them for a dollar menu lunch. Not giving shembo a pass, just saying some of you need to chill.

You think it's ok to kill defenseless animals? Before I phrase my response I would like that answered.

People kill defenseless animals all the time is my thing. Deer, cow, all those are defenseless. Then you can bring up dogs being domesticated... Well you can domesticate plenty of animals if you get them young.

Now im not going to sit here and condone killing dogs. I couldn't do it. But, to me, it is just another animal. They don't have rights more than any other animal and also shouldnt be calued more than a human. Should he have to pay a fine or something, sure. But to do jail time for it is crazy to me.

Ryan2Julio11 likes this

Most Dogs were bred to fight and hunt in our history, so the vick punishment to me was harsh. The general public this day and age has gone soft. I can go buy a permit to shoot deer just to hang them as trophies on my wall. We also breed animals just to mutilate them for a dollar menu lunch. Not giving shembo a pass, just saying some of you need to chill.

wow, just...wow disgusted.gif

It makes me very sad that there are people like this in the world. I've accepted it but it doesn't make me any less sad. The fact that anyone would utter the phrase "so what" when referring to a living creature being tortured and beaten to death just proves that there are some really sick people in this world and it makes me wonder what happened to make people think this way. We aren't raised to hate animals, it's a learned behavior.

Was dropping off bottled water at a warehouse at my new job a couple days ago and we saw this little squirmy thing in a pile of woodchips. Eventually around four or five of us gathered around it...it was a mouse. Maybe an inch or two long. Watched us all gathering around it and didn't try to scamper. Just watched. I got to within a few inches of it to take a picture (no flash obviously). No one picked it up in that short time. Gave me a real appreciation of how much of our behavior really is learned.

As disturbing as the allegations are, what's more disturbing is the amount of people who are quick to twist the facts and make up a new story... Nowhere does it even imply that Shembo admitted to anything, or that there's any evidence other than the girlfriend's allegations of what Shembo may or may not have said to her.

it's like that time that Tuggle once said to me, "I think I might have run a busload of elderly church ladies off the road..." Turns out what he really said to me was, "What are you doing in my bathroom??" And actually he didn't say anything to me at all...

I hear "Shembo kicked a dog to death..." but what I read was, SHE SAID: "He told me, 'What if I kicked it?"

I hear "dog died of blunt force trauma," but what I read was, "Dog was alive and unresponsive, brought to vet, who gave it a shot, and the dog died... Brain Anyeurism..."

Now I'm not making any snap judgments, but I do know that small breed dogs have a history of having messed up health problems due to their size and metabolism, and, depending on the age of the dog, it's quite possible that he did have an anyeurism, which caused it's catatonic state. From there, the girlfriend could have concocted any story in her head that would help ease the anguish of her dog dying (I feel for her... I love my dogs... sad.png )

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/falcons-player-accused-of-killing-ex-girlfriends-d/nmQ9y/

"The following day, Shembo allegedly made comments to Williams about killing the dog, and she broke up with him, she told police."

"A necropsy was conducted at Gwinnett County Animal Shelter, and tissue samples were sent to the University of Georgia for further testing, according to police. Dior had significant internal injuries and the cause of death was blunt force trauma, veterinarians determined."

"The dog had a fractured rib, fractured liver, abdominal hemorrhage, thoracic hemorrhage, extensive bruising and hemorrhage in the muscles in her front leg and shoulders, head trauma, hemorrhage and edema in lungs, hemorrhage between the esophagus and trachea, and hemorrhage in the left eye with internal injuries, police said."

You think all that occurs over a Brain Anyeurism? You think the dog magically had all those injuries because of...?

Hunters kill. Usually quick, and with a lot of respect for the animal in question. Lung shots can cut off oxygen to the brain and kill within seconds, while neck shots can kill quickly and cut off feeling as well. A thorough and expert hunter also uses every part of the animal - for example, with a deer, you would use the meat clearly, and the hide, but also the intestines, the stomach, the bones. Even the brains can be used for tanning.

This dog was not hunted. It was abused and died slowly in tremendous pain over the course of several hours. This has been verified.

People are angry, but has anyone seen the living conditions that animals that are farmed for food love under? They are tortured their whole lives, but where is everyone that is angry about Shelby at then. It's a double standard when it comes to dogs and cats, like I said if he is found guilty then he should be suspended and fined.

Dude we're talking about players with weed arrests or speeding tickets or drunk and disorderly...

Not ******* accused rapists and dog killers... you don't see the difference?

Just for the record I never wanted this shitbag on the team.

That's funny because all I've seen is "we need to relax the Falcon filter", "f*ck the Falcon filter", if we had a strong enough locker room, this is something that could be somewhat relegated".

If guilty, I hope he is prosecuted and does jail time.

Well animal cruelty is a felony so if he is convicted he will probably get at least a little time and lots of probation. He'll definitely not play in the NFL anymore. He's not good enough for teams to take a flier on him.