Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theProf

An Open Letter To Miko Grimes, Wife Of Brent Grimes

106 posts in this topic

I've never given much thought to her one way or another. I've had a few exchanges with Brent on Twitter and they've always been great. He is a class act all the way.

I like the way the dude laid it out in this letter to Miko in a truly classy way. The problem is, he's basically suggesting she should be somebody entirely different than herself. A leopard can't change its spots, and I therefore predict the letter will have no positive effect on Miko whatsoever.

I don't see why people care. I never once paid her any attention, at all. All I cared about was that her husband was playing at an elite level.

She's a joke. The problem is she's hurting her husband's career.

Like it or not, kids look up to athletes. When one of their favorite player's wife acts like this in public, it's a problem.

She has the right to say whatever she wants, and we have the right to react to it how ever we want. That doesn't mean she's in our heads. She's a spectacle, and a pretty horrible person.

I particularly liked the first sentence of your last paragraph, because it addresses a pet peeve of mine that some people seemingly use to defend disrespectful people, and criticize those who call them out, the whole 'they have the right to say it' defense.

The irony in doing that is that people also have the right to rip into someone for their behavior, which pretty much nullifies the argument.

I really don't get why people use that, it's not like people are saying she should be legally prosecuted, lol.

paulitik likes this

As for the article, I think it was well laid out, the points were good. I suppose her being his manager makes her more worth paying attention to than if she was only his wife, as I believe someone was saying earlier.

In looking at it from the stand point of someone who may make decisions about Grimes' pay day, there are a few things I would take issue with if I had to deal with her. One is that she seems to take subjective issues as hard facts, and two is that she expresses her view points in a very disrespectful manner.

Take for instance, her reaction to Grimes not being pro bowl MVP. He played well, yes. Could you make a case for him, sure. However, I believe JJ Watt won, you could have made a good case for him imo. Making an argument for Grimes is fine, but acting like it was clear disrespect for him not to be MVP is ridiculous, it's a subjective thing. Then, there's the way she went about it-ranting about 'exposing the NFL' and a whole bunch of other things that seemed ridiculous.

If you have to make decisions about playing time and other things, you don't want to have to deal with people up close and personal bashing your decisions, even if they are well reasoned. That's why many people may want to stay away from drama.

Is she that way in business settings and other times in person? Maybe not. However, if you act a certain way on a forum where many people can view it, it seems kind of ridiculous to claim it's wrong for people to assume you are that way. It's like if you go online and say your a skinhead, and then say 'how judgmental are you that you would assume I'm actually a skinhead without knowing me', lol.