Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Julio Jones Has Highest Receiving Yards Per Game In Nfl History

813 posts in this topic

You guys are behind the times in ATL. Ya'll got that cheap cable TV local channel package which conveniently gives me plenty of time to slowly type out what happened 15 seconds after a play happens on my Direct TV package 5 States north of you guys. Interesting isn't it? If you guys were at the games you would be the ones trollin' me instead, since there's a 20 second delay before live feed on Football games now thanks to the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson Halftime show fiasco that left many of us with scars as children.

Well, I watch them from my home in Miami most of the times. I also end up streph34r.pngph34r.png the games most of the time because it is always Miami playing here or even Tampa or Jacksonville. Very rare we show Atlanta games. I refuse to get Sunday Ticket again. If they make it so I get Sunday Ticket more specifically Atlanta games without getting DirectTV I would be on it. I just hate DTV that much.

Well, I watch them from my home in Miami most of the times. I also end up streph34r.pngph34r.png the games most of the time because it is always Miami playing here or even Tampa or Jacksonville. Very rare we show Atlanta games. I refuse to get Sunday Ticket again. If they make it so I get Sunday Ticket more specifically Atlanta games without getting DirectTV I would be on it. I just hate DTV that much.

I'm with ya, the contract and bushit they put ya through is ridiculous. But I'm just the opposite...I love football so much I'm willing to put up with DTVs lunacy...otherwise I'd be watching falcons games via str3am or on my PC. St3ams are like 2 minutes behind a play and it's just not the same on my PC.

I'm with ya, the contract and bushit they put ya through is ridiculous. But I'm just the opposite...I love football so much I'm willing to put up with DTVs lunacy...otherwise I'd be watching falcons games via stream or on my PC.

I would do it if I were forced to. I am not though. I am happy with the HD streams I find. I run a few scripts too so it keeps it clean and fast. I am usually around 4 seconds behind. Sometimes it even airs ahead of DTV.

Here is one of the things I use. I recommend it anyone does it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/2fvbb2/useful_tip_for_firstrowsports_new_adblock_prompt/

It is a game changer.

I would do it if I were forced to. I am not though. I am happy with the HD streams I find. I run a few scripts too so it keeps it clean and fast. I am usually around 4 seconds behind. Sometimes it even airs ahead of DTV.

Here is one of the things I use. I recommend it anyone does it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/2fvbb2/useful_tip_for_firstrowsports_new_adblock_prompt/

It is a game changer.

Thanks, I'll check that out. Would save me a ton of money (insert Geico commercial here).

Tuggle'2 likes this

Just to point it out, you completely dodged my questions and started repeating yourself again. You may want to get that checked up on man. Lol

He does that. He backpedals and talks in circles. Bottom line is you can't say you "mocked" us players when you selected them in a round LATER than when they had actually been picked. Not to mention he has already gone on record in saying Julio is worth Top 8 money.

mdrake34 likes this

You would have drafted Sherrod, Edmund Gates, Marcus Gilchrist, Jabaal Sheard above Demarco Murray in the 2nd and 3rd if they were available during our draft regardless of wanting Murray more.

Why?

Because you value "value" in a draft. It's evident by your disdain for the 5 picks we traded.

So in the name of value you felt like on many occasions that you could get Murray later so you would choose other players that were available per your mock at those spots ahead of Murray.

You wanted to get those players AND Murray, not sacrifice those players for Murray because you felt very strongly (clearly because of your mocks) that you could pull it off.

But the thing is none of this will matter even though it makes supreme sense.

You will just lie and say you would have sacrificed those available players at our spot for DeMarco Murray even though you mocked on 5 different occasions the exact opposite.

Also please stop calling out Ricardo Lockette, dude isn't that good.

And PFF says Kai Forbath sucks, very badly, and you can't go against the might PFF sir.

All you get is Justin Houston and because of how pompous you act I don't think anyone cares if it was your first time or how many times other GMs mock and what not.

So in conclusion, everybody knows you embellish and you spent about 130 posts trying to prove otherwise, so we know you care but we all still believe the same as before. It didn't work. Good day!

It's been a pleasure!

Here's what I don't get. If you've been a fan of the Falcons for 45 years, putting up with all the crap we've endured, a 2 year setback that no one can definitively blame on Julio Jones, or the trade to get him is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

We have potentially the best WR in the game, a franchise QB, LT, CB, coming off a great draft, and just hired a coach with a championship pedigree.

Tevin Coleman has as much potential as Demarco Murray,without the injury issues. Vic Beasley might not be Justin Houston, but he was the most talented pass rusher in the draft.

Why are we having a hissyfit about Julio Jones? It's freaking idiotic.

mdrake34 and DMT11 like this

Here's what I don't get. If you've been a fan of the Falcons for 45 years, putting up with all the crap we've endured, a 2 year setback that no one can definitively blame on Julio Jones, or the trade to get him is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

We have potentially the best WR in the game, a franchise QB, LT, CB, coming off a great draft, and just hired a coach with a championship pedigree.

Tevin Coleman has as much potential as Demarco Murray,without the injury issues. Vic Beasley might not be Justin Houston, but he was the most talented pass rusher in the draft.

Why are we having a hissyfit about Julio Jones? It's freaking idiotic.

He's throwing a temper tantrum because of what Julio's potential contract may be. He doesn't believe any player (outside of a QB) is worth 15 million a year. He believes that if we sign him for this amount, all is lost and we will not come anywhere near a Superbowl because of all the talent we could have picked up with that money.

Unfortunately for him, he is in the minority. The majority people here and in the organization believe Julio is worth it. We traded 5 picks because we believed Julio was going to be special, and he is. We have the cap room and we definitely have players we can release that will get us more if need be. It's a non issue.

paulitik likes this

He's also stated that he put together his mocks based on 'a few minutes of YouTube research' so I'm not sure why he acts like he's some demigod scout. He literally guessed.

used to go to bars...don't know what I'm gonna do this year though, on Hawaii time so our early games will be on as early as 7! feel like a little of me will die on the inside if I'm at the bar at 7 am every weekend

Tuggle'2 likes this

used to go to bars...don't know what I'm gonna do this year though, on Hawaii time so our early games will be on as early as 7! feel like a little of me will die on the inside if I'm at the bar at 7 am every weekend

I really shouldn't be advocating this, but follow that link I posted earlier in the thread after the post you quoted. It really is a game changer and makes the STRE** word pretty amazing.

Actually that sounds like LIVING to me.

Tuggle'2 likes this

He's frustrated. I'm so deep in his skull he has to resort to post diggin and family jokes. Ole boy is whooped.

A 15 second Google search and working you to death in one thread every month or so must seem like a lot of attention to you I guess. :rolleyes:

Sidecar Falcon likes this

He's frustrated. I'm so deep in his skull he has to resort to post diggin and family jokes. Ole boy is whooped.

You do know that nobody thinks you've won this argument right? It seems like you have a very exaggerated since of self importance, with your constant need to call people 'son' to boost yourself up. You even picked FalconsFanSince1970 as your name in an attempt to feel like you are more important or a 'better fan' than everyone else. You are so blinded by your own ego that when you are getting annihilated by other posters you somehow think you are in control!? Your schtick is lame man. Give it up.

Sidecar Falcon and mdrake34 like this

You do know that nobody thinks you've won this argument right? It seems like you have a very exaggerated since of self importance, with your constant need to call people 'son' to boost yourself up. You even picked FalconsFanSince1970 as your name in an attempt to feel like you are more important or a 'better fan' than everyone else. You are so blinded by your own ego that when you are getting annihilated by other posters you somehow think you are in control!? Your schtick is lame man. Give it up.

+1 Couldn't have said it any better myself. There are many knowledgeable posters on these boards who own up to their mistakes on what they said. It doesn't make them any less knowledgeable. Admitting no fault or mistake does, as well as being a hypocrite.

There's an internet only option for people who live in condos or apartments. However you have to literally jump through hoops to get this. I took the easy way out and paid my brother (has direct tv) for NFL Sunday Ticket.

Tuggle'2 likes this

OK I've looked at the last few responses and don't see anything worth responding to. Just the same old drivel. It's starting to get boring. Let's try something different. I posted this about 15 pages ago and got no answers. Anyone want to take a shot? Digga? Denver? 69? Manley, Lornoth? Canuck? Sidecar? RideOrDie? 11? Duff? Drake? Cranford? Nino? Aries? Jsid? WillyMo? Brasky? Leggett? Kev? Fentaye? Anybody?

1. Do you realize we have 21 expiring contracts next year?

2. Did you know we may still have serious holes on this team that will need to be addressed next year?

3. Do you remember Julio is an injury risk who has missed 23% of his games and parts of several others?

4. Did you know the top WR in 2014 has an average salary of $8.4M?

5. Do you realize we have nine 30+ year olds on this team, included three WRs, who will have to be replaced soon?

6. Can Julio play LB, OG, OT, FB, TE, FS, ER and CB?

7. Did any of the last eight championship teams' most productive WR have an average salary of more than $9M?

8. If Ryan goes down with a significant injury do we have a back up QB who will be able to get Julio the ball?

9. Did you know championship caliber teams like NE, SEA, GB, PIT, BAL and NYG have let their best WRs walk before?

10. Did you forget we were only 33-31 with Julio on the roster?

11. Can you believe we went 33-15 from 2008-2010 with Roddy White as our top WR?

12. Do you realize there will be WRs we can sign or draft who can do enough to help us win a Championship if the rest of our roster is solid?

13. Wouldn't the prudent thing be to let Julio play out his rookie contract at $10.2M while we check to see what holes we might still have?

You've apparently ignored 31 pages of responses to you. And you still parrot the same drivel.

A team's #1 WR has never, is not currently, and will never be either the sole determining factor of a team's success, or the only measure of a team's success. Stop arguing that it is. Football is a team sport with a minimum of 22 different starters per team.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

I like JJ. Because of his great hands.

ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้