Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Julio Jones Has Highest Receiving Yards Per Game In Nfl History

809 posts in this topic

I just don't understand this. Even if you had a "perfect" mock draft, doesn't mean TD would have still picked those guys.

TD has already stated that he would have taken Carimi had he stayed put. That would have equated to having no 1st round pick that year.

Then who is to say TD would have taken Cobb, which is what the Browns, Ravens, Lions didn't do as well?

TD could have had Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas, Joe Barksdale, or KJ Wright, but chose Akeem Dent instead.

The next year, he tried addressing the o line with high round selections and so far it hasn't worked out yet. So in essence, TD probably saved himself by trading 4 picks to move up and take a sure fire, elite WR.

Extending him only makes absolute sense seeing as he is one of the best at his position and a championship teams requires talent regardless of where you get that talent from.

You're just confirming what many here have said about TD. He kinda sucks. No worries my friend, he's been demoted. We're in much better hands with his boss Pioli, as well as our new sheriff Dan Quinn. I have to believe they both know SEA won a Bowl with Golden Tate as their most productive WR. If for some reason they've forgotten, I doubt either has forgotten NE won a Bowl three months ago with Edelman as their top WR.

That’s what I was thinking. Jeremy Maclin and Randall Cobb make 11 and 10 million a year and Alshon Jeffery is going to take 8 million? Even Julius Thomas makes 9.2 million a year.

It may not be Chicago but some team is going to pay him a lot more than 8 million.

OK, well fk em all. I'm just trying to find a way to appease the shiny happy hood ornament Madden boys.

Let's just build a team like NE and SEA who can win a Bowl with Edelman at $4.5M or Tate at $0.9M.

What yall think?

You're just confirming what many here have said about TD. He kinda sucks. No worries my friend, he's been demoted. We're in much better hands with his boss Pioli, as well as our new sheriff Dan Quinn. I have to believe they both know SEA won a Bowl with Golden Tate as their most productive WR. If for some reason they've forgotten, I doubt either has forgotten NE won a Bowl three months ago with Edelman as their top WR.

On getting Julio Jones’ deal completed: “For me, just knowing the type of player that he is. Hopefully, we’ll be connected for years to come. I can’t wait to get started with him. I can’t wait to partner up with him for a long time.” - Dan Quinn

Yeah, looks like Quinn is chomping at the bit to let Julio walk.

Alright, gonna step out and run a thirty minute errand.

Mods please don't ban anybody or lock the thread. Having too much fun.

We're gonna figure this thing out by sundown.

See yall boys around 5:30 ET.

Carry on.

Having an elite WR won't prevent a team from winning a Super Bowl, but having an elite WR at the expense of draft picks and salary cap allocation required to address essential components of your team will not only prevent you from winning a Super Bowl, it will drag your franchise down to the depths of 10-22.

And if we go 11-5 this year?

There are a lot of reasons, mainly coaching, and missing on the picks we had, that werebigger reasons we went 10-22 than Julio being on the team.

We have potentially the best WR in the NFL. Be happy about it. Julio didn't asked to be drafted. Get over it.

Instead of signing Julio to a $15M+ average yearly contract, what about a scenario like this:

- Let him play out his rookie contract at $10.2M this year.

- Offer him a seven year Dimi low ball contract in 2016 - $11.0M average

- When his agent balks let him go cap rape some other team like NE, SEA, GB, PIT or BAL would

- Cut Roddy White - $6.0M average

- Cut Devin Hester - $3.0M average

- Re-sign Hankerson - $1.5M average

- Sign an Alshon Jeffrey type free agent - $8.0M average

- Draft a young stud like Tyler Boyd - $2.7M average

- Go with a 2016 WR unit something like:

Alshon Jeffery - 6'3 216 4.48

Tyler Boyd - 6'2 190 4.44

Justin Hardy - 5'10 192 4.56

Leonard Hankerson - 6'1 209 4.53

Eric Weems - 5'9 195 4.52

That makes us bigger, younger and faster. Instead of tying up $25.8M on Julio, Roddy, Hester, Hardy and Weems, we spend just $14.0M on Jeffery, Boyd, Hardy, Hankerson and Weems. We then reallocate that $11.8M for use on upgrading either ER, DT, LB, FS, SS, CB, TE, OG and/or OT.

What yall think?

How about no?

Yeah, looks like Quinn is chomping at the bit to let Julio walk.

Didn't Quinn say the exact same things about Sean Weatherspoon?

Dude ended up a Cardinal just a few days later. On a one year $3.9M deal.

I hope yall don't believe all the coach speak quotes you read in the media.

What? I would have taken Gurley at eight even with all our roster holes. I value RBs way more than WRs. Case in point. I would have taken DeMarco Murray in 2011 as high as 27. He has 5,722 yards and 29 yards in four seasons. Julio has 4,424 yards and 26 TDs in four seasons. Maybe you're thinking I said the Rams could blow a top 10 pick on a WR, but I don't recall saying that.

How many championships and playoff wins did Murray lead Dallas to? That is your argument for Julio.

The revamped running game added to what we have with our passing game is going to be a handful.

I like the way things are working out. Julio is my Favorite Falcons player along with Roddy and Devin Hester. I don't get why everyone KNOCKS Hester so much when he's out their trying to catch the ball, I thought he done really great last year, he was more or less a rookie. Oh well, just my opinion. Sorry to change the subject, but your SPOT ON in my opinion, the predictable offense and defense the Falcons have had over the last decade days are over and done with. It got so bad last few seasons that I could sit at home and tell my friends what the Falcons were going to do next, even my 16 year old nephew called what the play was before it happened a few times, and you know if that happens with people at home the opposing team dang sure knows what's going to happen. Either way. The running game to me will be really interesting to watch. Although I say doesn't matter unless the O-line works and gels. We shall see. Always enjoy reading your comments PokerSteve because most 9-10 times I agree with what you have to say.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torrey Smith just signed for $8.0M.

Antonio Brown signed for $8.4M. He was the best WR in the league last year.

Alshon is probably somewhere between the two. I might go as high as $10M for him. Still lower than $15M+.

Basically this is what your saying:

Brown signs contract in 2012. (Not a top 10 WR)

Breaks out in 2013 and 2014 (holding out for a new deal this year)

Alshon Jeffery (will be hitting FA if he actually does in 2016. The cap will have risen by over 30 mil since 2012. Jeffery has been a top 10 WR since 2014)

Jeffery is worth less than 2012 Brown because Brown is a top 5 WR now.

How the **** does that make any sense? You know that scene from Billy Madison where Adam Sandler gets awarded 0 points that's literally what I picture any time you talk. You make everyone here stupid by having to read what you say.

**** keep em coming funny man!

Lol you pissed him off so bad that he had to pull out a comeback from back in his junior high days. xD

And if we go 11-5 this year?

There are a lot of reasons, mainly coaching, and missing on the picks we had, that werebigger reasons we went 10-22 than Julio being on the team.

We have potentially the best WR in the NFL. Be happy about it. Julio didn't asked to be drafted. Get over it.

We went 23-9 in Julio's first two seasons bro. We plummeted to 10-22 in his next two seasons with him in full beast mode. How the heck do you go 10-22 with potentially the greatest WR in the history of the league on the roster?

The reason is no WR can carry a team to victory with holes everywhere. Have we patched all those holes? We better have before we sign Julio to a MegaDeal. If we do, we have made the same mistake twice.

Quinn might get on that field in the first day of OTAs tomorrow and come away thinking, the talent on this team is nowhere near the teams I coached on in SEA. Hail I think they'd have a hard time beating some of the Gator teams I coached. Help Piolitroff!!! Help!!!

We went 23-9 in Julio's first two seasons bro. We plummeted to 10-22 in his next two seasons with him in full beast mode. How the heck do you go 10-22 with potentially the greatest WR in the history of the league on the roster?

The reason is no WR can carry a team to victory with holes everywhere. Have we patched all those holes? We better have before we sign Julio to a MegaDeal. If we do, we have made the same mistake twice.

Quinn might get on that field in the first day of OTAs tomorrow and come away thinking, the talent on this team is nowhere near the teams I coached on in SEA. Hail I think they'd have a hard time being some of the Gator teams I coached. Help Piolitroff!!! Help!!!

Dude, the Falcons would only be adding an extra 4mil to Julio's current salary. With the cap going up in combination with the 10+mil in space they currently have (after a very active FA) they will be A ******* OK.

Also, the Seahawks and NE won superbowls because they drafted well. Beyond Avril and Revis, neither team had a lot of help from FAs. Calm down lil guy.

paulitik likes this

"Didn't need", "shouldn't have", whatever ... the thing is we did anyway and we spent those 5 picks on him. Letting him go now would be the absolute stupidest move in Atlanta Franchise history as far as players go and we are flipping famous for our blunders player wise. Drop him now and we would have officially forfeited those precious 5 pics that old people can't seem to get over. I guarantee you we won't be letting him go. I am willing to bet whatever it is anyone wants that Julio WILL BE a Falcon and all this stupid nonsense bitching about drafting him is just that, stupid nonsense bitching.

Why is that such a hard concept to grasp.

Didn't Quinn say the exact same things about Sean Weatherspoon?

Dude ended up a Cardinal just a few days later. On a one year $3.9M deal.

I hope yall don't believe all the coach speak quotes you read in the media.

I get what you are saying and it could very well be coach speak, but I doubt very seriously that we would give up 5 picks for Julio and let him walk out of the door. It’s possible but I don’t see it happening.

As far as Weatherspoon, he and Julio are not even in the same league as far as talent and impact on the team. Spoon was easily replaced with Durant who is probably better than him and making 200k less per year.

Quinn might get on that field in the first day of OTAs tomorrow and come away thinking, the talent on this team is nowhere near the teams I coached on in SEA. Hail I think they'd have a hard time being some of the Gator teams I coached. Help Piolitroff!!! Help!!!

We patched a lot of holes. We also had a pretty good OL last year until injuries.

I still believe coaching was a bigger issue than talent. We weren't loaded by any means, but the difference between the 2012 and 2013 teams in terms of talent were marginal. Losing Abe was probably the biggest loss, but injuries and crap coaching were the biggest reason for our struggles, not necessarily just lack of talent.

If you have an elite All-Pro talent, and you can afford to keep him, you do. Cap isn't an issue, and if we keep drafting like we did that last 2 seasons, it won't be an issue at all.

This is a new era....I would have tried to unload him during the draft.

Julio is a Depreciating Assest. While he is one of best wrs in the league he has lost any value to any other team but ours especially we would never be able to recoup the amount of resources spent on him ala draft picks. No team would make that kind of move for him even tho he is one of best wrs in league plus on top of that pay him top dollar. When we drove off the lot with Julio we lost half of his worth. Now if we were ever to put him on block get back a mid first plus a 2nd somewhere down the line. Julio agent also has Falcons front office by the balls

If you go and read Scott Carasik's break down of our defense to Seattle's, you'll see we are a FS and maybe a LB short of being pretty close talent wise. Seattle is loaded with mid-round picks that were coached above their draft spot. We have a lot of upside on this team in terms of talent waiting to be coached up. I don't think we are nearly as far off as you want to believe we are.

If you go and read Scott Carasik's break down of our defense to Seattle's, you'll see we are a FS and maybe a LB short of being pretty close talent wise. Seattle is loaded with mid-round picks that were coached above their draft spot. We have a lot of upside on this team in terms of talent waiting to be coached up. I don't think we are nearly as far off as you want to believe we are.

Pure stupidity. They have arguably the most talented S duo in league so when you say stuff like Falcons are a FS away or a LB away from Sea standpoint its doing a great injustice. Sea has way more talent on defense ans while they are extremly coached up you have no clue if its the inner workings of Pete Carroll or such. Gus Bradley was their D cord he was replaced by Quinn and the defense didnt skip a beat. There defense will also not skip a beat this season and it could be the coaching of Carroll. Quinn could have been just a tag along