Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Julio Jones Has Highest Receiving Yards Per Game In Nfl History

809 posts in this topic

Another question I have is of all the teams you listed that have win a championship, how many had a running back that was drafted in the top ten? I can only assume that drafting a running back in the top ten is on the list of your plan to making a championship contender?

In my small opinion, you could say the same exact thing about any team in the league. It all boils down to how strong your overall team is! Right? The assumption that you appear to be making is that having a top notch receiver on your roster would disable your ability to construct a good overall team right?

No my opinion is you never put a shiny hood ornament on your vehicle unless your engine is sound and your tires are in good condition. If anyone should know this we should. We bought an ornament in 2011 when we had a bad transmission, rusty distributor cap and two flat tires. Like BillyCheck said, that is dumb. Then we went 33-31. 10-22 in the last two seasons. Not because Julio sucks but because we put him on top of a rusty old Pinto with two flat tires. We might be gearing up to do it again.

Another question I have is of all the teams you listed that have win a championship, how many had a running back that was drafted in the top ten? I can only assume that drafting a running back in the top ten is on the list of your plan to making a championship contender?

Is this coming from my suggestion to draft Gurley this year? Yall boys said no RBs will get drafted in the top ten. Well one did. Did you forget I suggested we draft Murray, Lacy, Gio or Bell over the last four years? None of them went in the top ten. If your question is do I think we need a good running game, my answer is hail yeah. I bet Quinn and Shanny agree with that.

No my opinion is you never put a shiny hood ornament on your vehicle unless your engine is sound and your tires are in good condition. If anyone should know this we should. We bought an ornament in 2011 when we had a bad transmission, rusty distributor cap and two flat tires. Like BillyCheck said, that is dumb. Then we went 33-31. 10-22 in the last two seasons. Not because Julio sucks but because we put him on top of a rusty old Pinto with two flat tires. We might be gearing up to do it again.

Is this coming from my suggestion to draft Gurley this year? Yall boys said no RBs will get drafted in the top ten. Well one did. Did you forget I suggested we draft Murray, Lacy, Gio or Bell over the last four years? None of them went in the top ten. If your question is do I think we need a good running game, my answer is hail yeah. I bet Quinn and Shanny agree with that.

Lol That's not my question actually. That's a kinda stupid question actually. Who doesn't think we need a good ruining game? Lol I challenge you to find one soul who says otherwise. WHY would you even ask that? Refer to my previous two posts if you need to re read. Basically it's fine. Your gonna spin it more and more the more I point out that your logic is flawed.

Back pedal? WTF you talkin bout Willis? I said top eight money. That is an average yearly contract value of $10M. Not cap hit. Not signing bonus. Not roster bonus. Not guaranteed amount. Average yearly contract amount. ????????

Yup, backpedal. First you say he's worth the money, then the next you don't. What you fail to comprehend is, 2014 top 8 money is LESS than 2015 top 8 money on account of the new contracts being signed. Julio's 2015 production was BETTER than his 2014 production. If he was worth top 8 money coming off an injury year, then after a CAREER year his value would have gone up. He could easily ask for top 5 money , which you said yourself is 15 million a year.

I liked his post because he basically said I will never let a clueless Juliotte change my mind on this. That is possibly the most accurate post I've seen in this thread.

That isn't what he said at all.He basically said all you do is come here to argue and that no matter what anybody says you will never change your perspective on any given issue.

Some of us come on here and actually listen to the "other" side of an issue and actually change our opinions based off of counterpoints to our argument.Some of us are so caught up on proving we're right we never even give the other persons argument a second of thought before trying to prove it wrong.

Atlfanstckndenver likes this

That isn't what he said at all.He basically said all you do is come here to argue and that no matter what anybody says you will never change your perspective on any given issue.

Some of us come on here and actually listen to the "other" side of an issue and actually change our opinions based off of counterpoints to our argument.Some of us are so caught up on proving we're right we never even give the other persons argument a second of thought before trying to prove it wrong.

Didn't you know? Being a 'realist' means you never change your stance on anything no matter how wrong you are.

Yup, backpedal. First you say he's worth the money, then the next you don't. What you fail to comprehend is, 2014 top 8 money is LESS than 2015 top 8 money on account of the new contracts being signed. Julio's 2015 production was BETTER than his 2014 production. If he was worth top 8 money coming off an injury year, then after a CAREER year his value would have gone up. He could easily ask for top 5 money , which you said yourself is 15 million a year.

I believe you may be the senile one bro. We aint even started the 2015 season.

I didn't say top two, top three or top five. I said TOP EIGHT!!!!! Here are the top eight average WR yearly contracts for 2015:

1. Calvin Johnson - $16.2M

2. Dez Bryant - $12.8M

3. Demaryious Thomas - $12.8M

4. Mike Wallace - $12.0M

5. Vincent Jackson - $11.1M

6. Larry Fitzgerald - $11.0M

7. Jeremy Maclin - $11.0M

8. Randall Cobb - $10.0M

You got it? By the way, how many of these WRs have a ring? I don't care if Julio is better than any of those guys. Really don't care if he's the best on the list. I wouldn't pay any WR the kind of money Julio will command on his next deal until I was dam sure I had a real team that is sustainable for three or more years. I'm not sure we do.

We all saw Julio go off on the league the last two years on shoddy teams that went 10-22. We need an Oline and defense long before we start blowing $15M+ on hood ornaments. Many championship caliber teams like NE, SEA, GB, PIT, BAL and NYG let their ornaments walk. Let him play out his rookie deal and go from there. Don't hamstring this team again. This 4-3 Under and ZBS bush it could be gone before we move to the Pantheon.

I didn't say top two, top three or top five. I said TOP EIGHT!!!!! Here are the top eight average WR yearly contracts for 2015:

2. Dez Bryant - $12.8M

4. Mike Wallace - $12.0M

8. Randall Cobb - $10.0M

You got it? By the way, how many of these WRs have a ring? I don't care if Julio is better than any of those guys. Really don't care if he's the best on the list. I wouldn't pay any WR the kind of money Julio will command on his next deal until I was dam sure I had a real team that is sustainable for three or more years. I'm not sure we do.

We all saw Julio go off on the league the last two years on shoddy teams that went 10-22. We need an Oline and defense long before we start blowing $15M+ on hood ornaments. Many championship caliber teams like NE, SEA, GB, PIT, BAL and NYG let their ornaments walk. Let him play out his rookie deal and go from there. Don't hamstring this team again. This 4-3 Under and ZBS bush it could be gone before we move to the Pantheon.

Ok, so what should the Falcons do with Julio then? Let him walk in FA?

Seems like a good idea.

Ok, so what should the Falcons do with Julio then? Let him walk in FA?

Seems like a good idea.

Let him play out his rookie contract. Or at least half the season. Find out what we have. We may be stacked. Or we could find out we still have no Oline, no running game, no defense, sorry TEs, no FS and one NFL CB.

We also have to realize many of the players we're counting on this year whose contracts expire next year will command bigger contracts in 2016 if we want to keep em. Don't blow our load too soon. Not on an ornament. Not with holes everywhere.

Let him play out his rookie contract. Or at least half the season. Find out what we have. We may be stacked. Or we could find out we still have no Oline, no running game, no defense, sorry TEs, no FS and one NFL CB.

We also have to realize many of the players we're counting on this year whose contracts expire next year will command bigger contracts in 2016 if we want to keep em. Don't blow our load too soon. Not on an ornament. Not with holes everywhere.

2. Dez Bryant - $12.8M

4. Mike Wallace - $12.0M

8. Randall Cobb - $10.0M

GB - resigned Cobb and Nelson for big money

BAL - Let Boldin and a whole bunch of other players go in able to resign Flacco

Pit - Will be resigning Brown

NYG - Signed Plaxico. Signed Cruz. Both for big money at the time they were signed.

Sea - Traded for Harvin and Graham. Both making big money for there position.

NE - Dint have any significant WRs to let resign. There best season ever was with Moss. Luckiest play of all time away from being the best team ever.

The reason why we sucked the last 2 years is because we have a flawed team. Not because the Julio but because we can't draft for **** in the mid rounds. How come you never bring that up? Your really telling me that we would have been significantly better the last 2 years if we never did the Julio trade? The farthest this team ever went was with Julio.

Another question you don't have FS listed as your important position. Well no team in NFL history has won the superbowl with a 10 million FS. Both Thomas and McCourtey were resigned for 10 mil deals After there teams won the superbowl. Explain that. By your logic it makes no sense for them to do it.

Also can you list the significant players other than Julio we have to resign next year? You acting like we're going to be strapped for cash. Go check out or cap situation so actually know what your talking about.

GB - resigned Cobb and Nelson for big money

BAL - Let Boldin and a whole bunch of other players go in able to resign Flacco

Pit - Will be resigning Brown

NYG - Signed Plaxico. Signed Cruz. Both for big money at the time they were signed.

Sea - Traded for Harvin and Graham. Both making big money for there position.

NE - Dint have any significant WRs to let resign. There best season ever was with Moss. Luckiest play of all time away from being the best team ever.

LMAO

GB - let Jennings walk

BAL - let Boldin and Torrey Smith walk

PIT - let Holmes, Burress and Wallace walk. Extended Brown through 2017 for $8.4M. Best WR in the league last year

NE - let Moss and Welker walk

SEA - let Rice, Harvin and Tate walk. Tate was the top WR on their SB team

NYG - let Nicks and Burress walk. Only paying Beckham $2.6M

I doubt if either of em ever had even a $9M WR. All of em got rings though. GTFOH bro.

Also can you list the significant players other than Julio we have to resign next year? You acting like we're going to be strapped for cash. Go check out or cap situation so actually know what your talking about.

We have about 20 players whose contracts expire next year. At least half of em will be either starters or significant contributors. We'll also find out some of these flawed players you speak of will need to be upgraded. Assuming the cap goes to $150M, which is optimistic, we are only $27M under. And that's before incentives kick in. If we blow our load on Julio this year that number will likely go down. Yall boys aint thinking this thing through. Trust me.

LMAO

GB - let Jennings walk

BAL - let Boldin and Torrey Smith walk

PIT - let Holmes, Burress and Wallace walk. Extended Brown for $8.4M. Best WR in the league last year

NE - let Moss and Welker walk

SEA - let Rice, Harvin and Tate walk

NYG - let Nicks and Burress walk. Paying Beckham $2.6M

I doubt if either of em ever had even a $10M WR. Got rings though. GTFOH bro.

Lmao so you just leave it out the guys who go against what you have to say. Lmao. Also saying Burress, Boldin, Smith were let go just shows you have no football knowledge. Go dons one research ad to why most of those guys were let go.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you completely quote the paragraph. Were flawed but it isn't because of Julio. Smh.

Why don't you completely quote the paragraph. Were flawed but it isn't because of Julio. Smh.

We're not flawed because of Julio. He is a beast. We are definitely flawed because of the five picks we blew to to move up to draft him though. We had so many options. One possible combination could have been Justin Houston, DeMarco Murray, Kevin Zeitler, Julius Thomas and Brandon Boykin. And don't start the hindsight bush it cause even I had four of them on my limited draft board. And that's just one combination. Now yall wanna blow Megatron money on him that we could use next year on two more players like an Alshon Jeffrey and Eric Berry.

We're not flawed because of Julio. He is a beast. We are definitely flawed because of the five picks we blew to to move up to draft him though. We had so many options. One possible combination could have been Justin Houston, DeMarco Murray, Kevin Zeitler, Julius Thomas and Brandon Boykin. And don't start the hindsight bush it cause even I had four of them on my limited draft board. And that's just one combination. Now yall wanna blow Megatron money on him that we could use next year on two more players like an Alshon Jeffrey and Eric Berry.

Your logic. Lmao. I'm done.

2. Dez Bryant - $12.8M

4. Mike Wallace - $12.0M

8. Randall Cobb - $10.0M

2013-2014 season and the 2014-2015 season. Yes the top 8 which will change after the new contracts are signed. How are you not getting this concept at all? You keep bringing up these teams as if they are the standard bearer for the league.

Not to mention there are many more factors involved than just WRs that go into winning , yet you're really stuck on that. Your argument is weak, for instance Baltimore. During their Superbowl run Flacco got hot in the playoffs. What you fail to mention is all the times he just chucked the ball up in the air and let his WRs make plays. Fast forward to the very next season (after one of the hood ornaments was gone) Flacco throws more interceptions than TDs. I agree about letting him play out his contract, but you do realize that his stock will only go up and we will ultimately pay MORE for him.

Link the draft board please.

So now Dimitroff stinks because he drafted a superstar worth $15 million per?

Now all he needs to do is trade his way into seven 2nd round picks.

2013-2014 season and the 2014-2015 season. Yes the top 8 which will change after the new contracts are signed. How are you not getting this concept at all? You keep bringing up these teams as if they are the standard bearer for the league.

LMAO. Those are the top eight average contracts for the 2015-2016 season!!!!!! You might be more clueless than I originally thought you were.

Not to mention there are many more factors involved than just WRs that go into winning , yet you're really stuck on that.

That's the main premise of my argument. Juliottes like you don't seem to get that.

Your argument is weak, for instance Baltimore. During their Superbowl run Flacco got hot in the playoffs. What you fail to mention is all the times he just chucked the ball up in the air and let his WRs make plays. Fast forward to the very next season (after one of the hood ornaments was gone) Flacco throws more interceptions than TDs. I agree about letting him play out his contract, but you do realize that his stock will only go up and we will ultimately pay MORE for him.

Nether Boldin nor Smith have ever been shiny hood ornaments. Neither was placed on top of a rusty Pinto with a shoddy engine and two flat tires. Neither cost five picks. Neither has ever had a contract that averaged more than $8.3M per season. We could have both on our roster for a combined total of $14M per season. We may blow more than that one one WR who has spent 23% of his games in a training room and helped us to a 33-31 record.

Link the draft board please.

For a CoC violatin post digger that tried to clown me by bumping 2014 posts that back fired on him? GTFOH.

I'm gonna let you spend half of your holiday diggin for posts.

Now get to diggin son.

So now Dimitroff stinks because he drafted a superstar worth $15 million per?

Now all he needs to do is trade his way into seven 2nd round picks.

No I can think of at least 27 reasons why Dimi stinks, up and above blowing five picks on a shiny hood ornament.