Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Julio Jones Has Highest Receiving Yards Per Game In Nfl History

813 posts in this topic

I for one am sick of the Julio Jones critics. There is no question, no matter who you ask, Julio is a great game changing player! So what? We are going to trade him instead of paying him? We just need a better team around him and we are on the right track!

Not exactly an inspiring list.

That's only a partial list of free agents who signed this year. Next year's list could include the likes of Julio Jones, JPP, Justin Houston, Von Miller, Jonathan Joseph, Marshall Yanda, Eric Berry, Nate Solder, Russell Okung, Cam Jordan, Muhammad Wilkerson, Prince Amukamara, Greg Hardy, Bruce Irvin, Chandler Jones, Tashaun Gipson, Coby Fleenor, T.Y. Hilton, Brandon Boykin, Alfred Morris, Will Hill, Alshon Jeffrey, Kelechi Osemele, Bobby Wagner and many more.

If that doesn't inspire you then you are either brain dead or too caught up in your "teams should only be built through the draft" beliefs. Truth be told, every team usually signs 10-20 free agents each year. Some of their own, but many from other teams. One or two on high value contracts. Teams should be built through the draft, trades and free agency.

Hopefully we let Julio play out his rookie contract at $10.2M and don't fall into the $15M+ a year contract extension vortex. That will give us a chance to see if he can stay healthy and make a real difference that leads to significant wins. So far we are 33-31 with him on the roster. Because the rest of the roster was full of voids and chasms. If Quinn re-signs him now and hovers around .500 the next two years he may never see the Pantheon.

We will have 20+ expiring contracts and also may find that many of our 2015 acquisitions just ain't gonna cut it. In other words we could end up with several holes that Julio just ain't gonna fill. Give Quinn the flexibility to decide whether he wants an ornament or perhaps another FS, LB, ER, DT, OL or TE. Or perhaps draft his replacement. I mean this guy was a coach on a team that won a ring with Golden Tate as their number one WR.

That's only a partial list of free agents who signed this year. Next year's list could include the likes of Julio Jones, JPP, Justin Houston, Von Miller, Jonathan Joseph, Marshall Yanda, Eric Berry, Nate Solder, Russell Okung, Cam Jordan, Muhammad Wilkerson, Prince Amukamara, Greg Hardy, Bruce Irvin, Chandler Jones, Tashaun Gipson, Coby Fleenor, T.Y. Hilton, Brandon Boykin, Alfred Morris, Will Hill, Alshon Jeffrey, Kelechi Osemele, Bobby Wagner and many more.

If that doesn't inspire you then you are either brain dead or too caught up in your "teams should only be built through the draft" beliefs. Truth be told, every team usually signs 10-20 free agents each year. Some of their own, but many from other teams. One or two on high value contracts. Teams should be built through the draft, trades and free agency.

Hopefully we let Julio play out his rookie contract at $10.2M and don't fall into the $15M+ a year contract extension vortex. That will give us a chance to see if he can stay healthy and make a real difference that leads to significant wins. So far we are 33-31 with him on the roster. Because the rest of the roster was full of voids and chasms. If Quinn re-signs him now and hovers around .500 the next two years he may never see the Pantheon.

We will have 20+ expiring contracts and also may find that many of our 2015 acquisitions just ain't gonna cut it. In other words we could end up with several holes that Julio just ain't gonna fill. Give Quinn the flexibility to decide whether he wants an ornament or perhaps another FS, LB, ER, DT, OL or TE. Or perhaps draft his replacement. I mean this guy was a coach on a team that won a ring with Golden Tate as their number one WR.

Thank god your not GM.

Ah yes, the fabled 'next year' free agents list before all the good names get resigned or franchised. Those pipe dreams are always fun to watch.

I thought this was relevant to the topic at hand.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4015192-pick-one-player-from-each-position-to-keep/page-2

QB - Matt Ryan - give him an Oline and a RB and he won't need a bunch of WRs

RB - Devonta Freeman - has the best overall RB skills. Needs to learn how to block

FB - Patrick Dimarco - not bad but we could do better. Run the dam ball with a FB

WR - Julio Jones - pay him Top 8 money and hope like hail he stays healthy

TE - Levine Toilolo - put a JUGS machine in his basement. Draft or sign a real TE next year

OL - Jon Asamoah - our best Olineman. By far

DE: Jonathan Massaquoi - our best pass rusher. Put that mofo on the field and send him after the QB

DT: Paul Soliai - play him in a 0 tech where he belongs. Even if we have to switch to a 3-4

LB - Paul Worrilow - nice two down run stopper. Get him out on passing downs though

CB - Desmond Trufant - nobody else even close and I'm not really enamored with him

SS - Kemal Ishmael - playing better than WillyMo. Got some pop. As bad as Willy in coverage but he's cheap

FS - Dezman Southward - I'd move him to free. Has the best range. Has played corner before

I thought this was relevant to the topic at hand.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4015192-pick-one-player-from-each-position-to-keep/page-2

FalconFanSince1970, on 23 Oct 2014 - 11:26 PM, said:snapback.png

QB - Matt Ryan - give him an Oline and a RB and he won't need a bunch of WRs

RB - Devonta Freeman - has the best overall RB skills. Needs to learn how to block

FB - Patrick Dimarco - not bad but we could do better. Run the dam ball with a FB

TE - Levine Toilolo - put a JUGS machine in his basement. Draft or sign a real TE next year

OL - Jon Asamoah - our best Olineman. By far

DE: Jonathan Massaquoi - our best pass rusher. Put that mofo on the field and send him after the QB

DT: Paul Soliai - play him in a 0 tech where he belongs. Even if we have to switch to a 3-4

LB - Paul Worrilow - nice two down run stopper. Get him out on passing downs though

CB - Desmond Trufant - nobody else even close and I'm not really enamored with him

SS - Kemal Ishmael - playing better than WillyMo. Got some pop. As bad as Willy in coverage but he's cheap

FS - Dezman Southward - I'd move him to free. Has the best range. Has played corner before

giphy.gif

Looks like a CoC violation to me. I mean the mods recently said no post bumping. But hey it's looking like it's open season on me. I mean even they are posting old guy pics and calling me old man, Ram fan and other less than flattering things. I'm cool with that as long as they let me get away with it too. Mods please don't lock or delete this thread. Should be a classic in a few more years. With that said, I'm good with everything in that post with the exception of part of the Tru comment. Definitely good with the Julio comment:

The eighth highest average WR contracts are Randall Cobb and Brandon Marshall at $10M. Julio's set to make $10.2M this year. Let him play out his rookie contract and offer him something similar next year. Definitely don't fall in a $15M+ a year Megatron abyss. Not unless we find out all of our holes are filled and he can stay healthy and win some games. 33-31 with him on the roster aint even worth $10M.

Looks like a CoC violation to me. I mean the mods recently said no post bumping. But hey it looks like it's open season on me. I mean even they are posting old guy picks and calling me old man, Ram fan and other less than flattering things. I'm cool with that as long as they let me get away with it too. Please don't lock or delete this thread. Should be a classic in a few more years. With that said, I'm good with everything in that post with the exception of part of the Tru comment. Definitely good with the Julio comment:

The eighth highest average WR contracts are Randall Cobb and Brandon Marshall at $10M. He's set to make $10.2M this year. Let him play it out and offer him something similar next year. Definitely don't fall in a $15M+ a year Megatron abyss. Not unless we find out all of our holes are fixed and he can stay healthy.

Did he bump the post?

All Julio proved the last two years was he aint no engine and he aint no tires. We didn't have either because we blew five picks on our shiny hood ornament. That's why we went 10-22. It looks like we're lining up for more of that by dropping 10%+ of our cap on him.

You might be one of the most illogical posters I've ever seen. You blame Julio and Ryan for the team being 10-22 the last 2 seasons which makes NO sense. Ryan and Julio play offense. The Falcons had the 32nd ranked defense last year and the 27th ranked defense in 2013. Oh and Julio missed the final 11 games of that season. Yet you think we should essentially get rid of both and the team would be better off...Over the last 5 years, the team at one point had a great QB, a great RB, great WR's, and a great TE. The offense was never problem and still isn't the problem. In those 5 years, the team has lacked any elite players on defense. It's obvious, yet you think we should draft Gurley and let Julio walk.

Did he bump the post?

Quoting it and providing a link seems to be as good as a bump to me. I can understand it. He's frustrated cause he got his as handed to him in this thread and resorted to post bumping. I have no problem with it cause I stand by 99% of it. It backfired on him cause #8 money is less than what we're paying Julio this year. He failed again. LMAO. Would like to know if the rules have been relaxed though.

You might be one of the most illogical posters I've ever seen. You blame Julio and Ryan for the team being 10-22 the last 2 seasons which makes NO sense. Ryan and Julio play offense. The Falcons had the 32nd ranked defense last year and the 27th ranked defense in 2013. Oh and Julio missed the final 11 games of that season. Yet you think we should essentially get rid of both and the team would be better off...Over the last 5 years, the team at one point had a great QB, a great RB, great WR's, and a great TE. The offense was never problem and still isn't the problem. In those 5 years, the team has lacked any elite players on defense. It's obvious, yet you think we should draft Gurley and let Julio walk.

Where did I blame Ryan and Julio for 10-22? I blame Dimi for 10-22. He constructed our talent starved roster. I've been one of the biggest Ryan supporters in the history of TATF and constantly say Julio is a beast and I like him. My problem with Julio is the five picks Dimi gave up to get him and the rumored premature Megatron extension he's contemplating. Get your facts straight.

Looks like a CoC violation to me. I mean the mods recently said no post bumping. But hey it looks like it's open season on me. I mean even they are posting old guy picks and calling me old man, Ram fan and other less than flattering things. I'm cool with that as long as they let me get away with it too. With that said, I'm good with everything in that post with the exception of part of the Tru comment. Definitely good with the Julio comment:

The eighth highest average WR contracts are Randall Cobb and Brandon Marshall at $10M. He's set to make $10.2M this year. Let him play it out and offer him something similar next year. Definitely don't fall in a $15M+ a year Megatron abyss. Not unless we find out all of our holes are fixed and he can stay healthy.

http://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

Brandon Marshall received his extension in 2014 at the age of 30. Cobb has had a single 1000 plus season. Your claim was that Julio was worth top 8 money, coming off an injury and only playing 5 games. But now his market value hasn't increased after a career year? Lmmfao Really?

Where did I blame Ryan and Julio for 10-22? I blame Dimi for 10-22. He constructed our talent starved roster. I've been one of the biggest Ryan supporters in the history of TATF and constantly say Julio is a beast and I like him. My problem with Julio is the five picks Dimi gave up to get him and the rumored premature Megatron extension he's contemplating. Get your facts straight.

Julio doesn't tell TD who to draft.

Where exactly is the link where Julio is demanding a Calvin Johnson type of contract?

http://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

Brandon Marshall received his extension in 2014 at the age of 30. Cobb has had a single 1000 plus season. Your claim was that Julio was worth top 8 money, coming off an injury and only playing 5 games. But now his market value hasn't increased after a career year? Lmmfao Really?

I don't give a dam how old Marshall is or how many 1000 seasons Cobb has, I wouldn't pay Julio or any WR much more than he's making now. That includes him, Megatron, BayBay, Dez, Cobb and Marshall. None of them are leading teams to Lombardies. I'd much rather pay Golden Tate or Julian Edelman $5M and use the other $10M to help build a total team. And no sidecar motorcycle salesman is gonna change my mind on that. Do you understand that son?

Quoting it and providing a link seems to be as good as a bump to me. I can understand it. He's frustrated cause he got his as handed to him in this thread and resorted to post bumping. I have no problem with it cause I stand by 99% of it. It backfired on him cause #8 money is less than what we're paying Julio this year. He failed again. LMAO. Would like to know if the rules have been relaxed though.

Lmmfao "Handed to me" ....man your senility is getting the better of you today. You were just called out on your own words and now you're backtracking hardcore. As far as the topic goes, I did not bump it, I used a direct quote from you. Instead of being a coward, why don't you be a man and own up to your hypocrisy. You have literally not had a cocise rebuttal to anything anyone has brought before you.

Lmmfao "Handed to me" ....man your senility is getting the better of you today. You were just called out on your own words and now you're backtracking hardcore. As far as the topic goes, I did not bump it, I used a direct quote from you. Instead of being a coward, why don't you be a man and own up to your hypocrisy. You have literally not had a cocise rebuttal to anything anyone has brought before you.

he will never admit to being wrong. Psychological problem if you ask me
Sidecar Falcon likes this

I don't give a dam how old Marshall is or how many 1000 seasons Cobb has, I wouldn't pay Julio or any WR much more than he's making now. That includes him, Megatron, BayBay, Dez, Cobb and Marshall. None of them are leading teams to Lombardies. I'd much rather pay Golden Tate or Julian Edelman $5M and use the other $10M to help build a total team. And no sidecar motorcycle salesman is gonna change my mind on that. Do you understand that son?

You literally wrote you would pay him top 8 money. Hypocrite!!! Lol

Top eight money is $10M a year son. What part of that don't you understand?