Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Julio Jones Has Highest Receiving Yards Per Game In Nfl History

809 posts in this topic

We all have a pretty good idea that Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is a pretty good player. I might go so far as to call him above average.

According to Pro Football Reference, Julio has the highest receiving yards per game in NFL history. That means better than everyone, everywhere. He averages an insane 88.4 receiving yards per game.

Are his numbers better than Calvin Johnson? YES, JULIO IS BETTER THAN EVERYONE. Julio is one of the few in the top 10 on a team with other legitimate pass catching targets as well. Even more impressive, Julio is the youngest (26) in the top 20, except for T.Y. Hilton (25).

Julio has averaged one yard more per game than Calvin Johnson, and 7.2 yards more per game than the third wide receiver on the list, A.J. Green. Julio and Johnson are statistical outliers, while the remaining pass catchers, Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon, Torry Holt, and Demaryius Thomas are separated by only fractions of a yard.

For reference, Roddy White is 33rd on the list with an impressive 66.8 yards per game average.

Julio's pace is obviously impressive. On the field, he is absolutely Calvin Johnson-esque, simply in a league of his own. He should be entering the prime years for a wide receiver just as Matt Ryan enters the prime years for a quarterback. If he can stay healthy, there is no reason that Julio cannot improve on his prior numbers and elevate that much further above every other wide receiver in NFL history.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/5/22/8644047/julio-jones-has-highest-receiving-yards-per-game-in-nfl-history

Roddy's is pretty impressive too. As long as he's been playing to keep his avg that high with the slow start he had is pretty neat.

Roddy's is pretty impressive too. As long as he's been playing to keep his avg that high with the slow start he had is pretty neat.

Roddy was the only glimmer of hope I could talk about in 07

Tuggle'2 and Stoic like this

"Cut him! He cost us 5 picks!"

mad-you-20599062.jpg

+1000... How about: "You don't need the best receiver to win a SB?" Conveniently omitting: Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Lyn Swann, John Stallworth... Etc."

Reminds me of the post Trent Dilfer, "You don't need a star QB" era or was it error?

gazoo, Culain_04 and paulitik like this

Good Information but isn't it more impressive for older receivers? Doing it for a longer period means you have played your entire career at a consistently high level.

The only thing holding Julio back is injuries. If he can stay on the field he is going to put up great numbers.

Good Information but isn't it more impressive for older receivers? Doing it for a longer period means you have played your entire career at a consistently high level.

The only thing holding Julio back is injuries. If he can stay on the field he is going to put up great numbers.

Yeah, I think it's probably more impressive that Calvin is only a yard behind him after quite a few more seasons, but last I checked, that Calvin dude is pretty good. The other example given was AJ Green, who has been in the league the same amount of time.

Either way, it still puts Julio in with elite company.

Megatron only a yard per game behind... **** man, that guy's a machine. Also amazing Roddy's that high, so glad he's a Falcon for life.

Keep doing what you do JJ, keep doing what you do.

This is my thing about all the fans who think we should'nt resign #11.

Can anyone question what he does between the lines.I'm just astonished how many of our fans think we should low ball what quite possibly could be one of the best WRer's to ever play the game.

+1000... How about: "You don't need the best receiver to win a SB?" Conveniently omitting: Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Lyn Swann, John Stallworth... Etc."

Reminds me of the post Trent Dilfer, "You don't need a star QB" era or was it error?

Moss didn't win one

What do the top five WRs in yards per game all have in common?

None of them have a ring.

Tory Holt, Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens and Michael Irvin do though. They're all top 12.

I'm not going to count Josh Gordon. He will probably never play again.

Dang shiny hood ornaments winning people trophies. 33% of them actually.

Compare that to ONE RB. Terrell Davis. Or 12% of them.

Anything else you'd like to add?

Tory Holt, Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens and Michael Irvin do though. They're all top 12.

TO doesn't have a ring either.

Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk, Earnesr Byner, Jerome Bettis, Marshawn Lynch on and on and on.