Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jigglypuff

Ecf Game 2 Thread : Hawks Vs Cavs @ Atl

481 posts in this topic

not completely true. There are several moments every season where stars don't get calls. If that were true, LeBron, durant, Duncan, Melo, etc...Wouldn't be crying to the refs looking for fouls every night. even curry was fouled on a 3 the other night that wasn't called

"Moments" out of months of basketball.

Atlanta is finally facing a team that is good offensively and defensively. Cleveland is a talented team. With Love and Irving healthy, they're going to be hard to beat next season.

What we have seen since the all star break and including the playoffs, is that this is NOT as talented a team as we think they are. The start of the season, and January in particular, were the exception rather than the rule. I mean, who were Korver, Teague, Carroll, Millsap, and Horford before they started playing for Bud? Average players, nothing special. The fact they have gotten this far is a testament to Bud. What we are seeing now is the real talent we have, because the playoffs expose you for what you really are.

But I will say this. This team has a lot of heart and battle in them. They play hard and we should appreciate that.

It's just a testament to Bud's coaching. He's maximized this roster to the fullest capacity.

The front office has a lot of work to do in the off season. This team isn't as close to a championship as I thought.

If the NBA cared about the integrity of its officiating, a great place to start would be to have 4 equal zones and no ref could make a call outside his zone.

Much of the BS bail outs for stars are called by trailing refs who aren't on the play, while a guy standing two feet away doesn't blow the whistle. It's the very definition of crooked.

Edit: a fourth ref would need to be added, obviously.

Dirtybird#11 likes this

Horfo Rd and Millsap are being out hustled and outplayed by two no namers. Pathetic. Can't stand watching Atlanta teams in the playoffs. This just proves you do NEED a superstar.

ZoneOne01 likes this

Again, stars don't get all calls. That's a compete exaggeration by you

Besides the stars themselves, your probably the only person on earth who believes that.

Atlanta is finally facing a team that is good offensively and defensively. Cleveland is a talented team. With Love and Irving healthy, they're going to be hard to beat next season.

It's just a testament to Bud's coaching. He's maximized this roster to the fullest capacity.

The front office has a lot of work to do in the off season. This team isn't as close to a championship as I thought.

Clevelands defense is doo doo. I guarantee Golden State won't miss all these wide open looks. The Hawks are just sucking offensively like they have for the entirety of the postseason.

I'm just saying not so long ago J had Lebron on his team.... So he was getting all these calls/non-calls.... Heck Miami still has 2 upper tier players in Wade an Bosh....

If the NBA cared about the integrity of its officiating, a great place to start would be to have 4 equal zones and no ref could make a call outside his zone.

Much of the BS bail outs for stars are called by trailing refs who aren't on the play, while a guy standing two feet away doesn't blow the whistle. It's the very definition of crooked.

Imagine the third base umpire calling a guy out at first
thanat0s and Dirtybird#11 like this

Horfo Rd and Millsap are being out hustled and outplayed by two no namers. Pathetic. Can't stand watching Atlanta teams in the playoffs. This just proves you do NEED a superstar.

I'd disagree on Horford. Millsap however is playing like an old man out there.

We have a great system, and some excellent pieces. What we need is a guy like Durant to make them elite. The superstar role is real in the NBA playoffs. It affects everything, especially the officiating. The league only wants marketable star players to win it's championships.

I will make a slight amendment to your statement.... The league only wants marketable star players IN THE NBA FINALS. I don't think they care who wins as long as people watch.

Besides the stars themselves, your probably the only person on earth who believes that.

yeah, me and everyone who actually pays attention to what goes on

Edit: a fourth ref would need to be added, obviously.

This happens in college all the time. A guy will not only be closer, but have the definitive view and won't call the foul while some guy who wouldn't have seen the foul if it occurred makes an anticipation call. Clear and present bull****.

thanat0s likes this

I'm just saying not so long ago J had Lebron on his team.... So he was getting all these calls/non-calls.... Heck Miami still has 2 upper tier players in Wade an Bosh....

LeBron was getting alot of no calls in Miami lol. SEVERAL times he was getting abused and got no calls. He's gotten alot of no calls in the playoffs this year. Even game one there were alot of no calls. It's very plain to see.

I will make a slight amendment to your statement.... The league only wants marketable star players IN THE NBA FINALS. I don't think they care who wins as long as people watch.

Well, it's the same result. Putting superstars in the Finals ensures one of them wins the title.

Stars don't get all the calls. Bron getting fouled by Noah in game 4 and the refs not calling it proves that

exactly. The truth doesn't set you free though lol. I pointed out other examples but hey, stars get all the calls. Craziest thing I've ever read lol

Clevelands defense is doo doo. I guarantee Golden State won't miss all these wide open looks. The Hawks are just sucking offensively like they have for the entirety of the postseason.

They're not beating Golden State. It's obvious. They're not healthy enough. And even if they were, Blatt isn't beating Kerr in a coaching match up.

Golden State has potentially the easiest ride to a Finals win I've seen in a while. No big three Heat, Thunder, or Spurs to worry about.