Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jigglypuff

Ecf Game 2 Thread : Hawks Vs Cavs @ Atl

481 posts in this topic

What if the reality is BS officiating is the norm when it comes to mega stars in the NBA which is a widely held view of regular NBA watchers?

I'm pretty sure if you actually watch more games than the Hawks you would see how refs call games. You can make every excuse you want for your team losing but refs are not gonna call a perfect game for any team period. It's pretty simple
Sui_Generis likes this

Hawks can't throw it in the ocean, Cavs can't miss. The struggle is real in Atlanta when it comes to the playoffs.

How many times do I have to say to attack the hole? Notice what happens when they attack the hole, the defense collapses and shots are wide open. Cabs are being more aggressive and we are just shooting crap up. This isn't Hawks basketball at all

I think part of the problem with the officiating is that the rules have evolved to almost any contact period is a foul. There is obviously constant contact and if the refs called every foul itd be a.free throw contest. I say relax the rules, let em dang play, and the refs arent to be ticky tack

What if the reality is BS officiating is the norm when it comes to mega stars in the NBA which is a widely held view of regular NBA watchers?

The stars get all the calls. Every call is made on a reputation scale.

I think if u polled fans on which sport had the highest likelihood of being rigged itd be boxing and then basketball.

those are the main 2 that have the best chance. Can't really throw a baseball game unless you want to ignorantly make a crystal clear bad call. Football refs definitely make horrible calls.

What we have seen since the all star break and including the playoffs, is that this is NOT as talented a team as we think they are. The start of the season, and January in particular, were the exception rather than the rule. I mean, who were Korver, Teague, Carroll, Millsap, and Horford before they started playing for Bud? Average players, nothing special. The fact they have gotten this far is a testament to Bud. What we are seeing now is the real talent we have, because the playoffs expose you for what you really are.

But I will say this. This team has a lot of heart and battle in them. They play hard and we should appreciate that.

ZoneOne01 likes this

Terrible half to be honest and you're only down 5.

Big Boy pants.

Give Millsap some time on the bench and let him get his mind right.

The stars get all the calls. Every call is made on a reputation scale.

not completely true. There are several moments every season where stars don't get calls. If that were true, LeBron, durant, Duncan, Melo, etc...Wouldn't be crying to the refs looking for fouls every night. even curry was fouled on a 3 the other night that wasn't called

Please stop sending Korver cross court to act like a rim protector leaving a shooter wide open on the skip pass. It's not like Korver is going to stop lebron if he gets by demarre. Terrible defensive idea

Dirtybird#11 likes this

Shaq use to hit them when they mattered

Yep, Shaq was a pretty bad free throw shooter, but he wasn't shockingly awful like it's legend has grown to be.

I also hated his shooting form when he shot free throws. Shawn Marion's annoys the heII out of me even more for some reason, but his works for him.

What we have seen since the all star break and including the playoffs, is that this is NOT as talented a team as we think they are. The start of the season, and January in particular, were the exception rather than the rule. I mean, who were Korver, Teague, Carroll, Millsap, and Horford before they started playing for Bud? Average players, nothing special. The fact they have gotten this far is a testament to Bud. What we are seeing now is the real talent we have, because the playoffs expose you for what you really are.

But I will say this. This team has a lot of heart and battle in them. They play hard and we should appreciate that.

We have a great system, and some excellent pieces. What we need is a guy like Durant to make them elite. The superstar role is real in the NBA playoffs. It affects everything, especially the officiating. The league only wants marketable star players to win it's championships.

ZoneOne01 likes this