How Is New Orleans A Finalist In The Super Bowl Selection For 2019 And 2020

falcon124

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hype. It has a different feel. An old city. Tradition. Jazz. etc.

And its the capital (in spirit) of that third world country called Louisiana.

Im sure a lot of people like it...and thats their choice...I didnt care for the place...I was very excited going down there...but I didnt leave that way...

I finally went down there recently..and I don't see what the hype is...it was dirty with a lot of homeless people everywhere...I came away actually feeling sad...

I went for the first time a couple of months ago and now that I'm back I tell people who ask about the city, "go for 4 days, drink, see the sights, enjoy yourself, then you'll never want to go back again."

Aren't they considered every year? This is what happens when you have a league that is openly biased to hosting the Super Bowl in the south. If they actually considered bids from northern teams, maybe New Orleans wouldn't make the cut as often as it does.

We he's right...

Remember when the lights went out while the Ravens were getting a$$ blasted, causing and second and nearly third half time?

Stadium's fine. Didn't the lights go out because of some high $$$ system to prevent the lights from going out?

We he's right...

Remember when the lights went out while the Ravens were getting a$$ blasted, causing and second and nearly third half time?

He's not right.

It had nothing to do with the Superdome and everything to do with the high dollar system the Superdome had in place to keep from losing power.

Besides that, it's not the first time a stadium has lost power during an event, and won't be the last.

The lights went out because of some system to prevent the lights from going out.

Sounds like someone fugged up...

...which means the Super Bowl went off without a problem in the eyes of Saints fans huh?

It was a fugg up, but from all accounts the NFL was satisfied how the entire week went, as well as people who were down there.

Let's face it regardless of how you feel about New Orleans, the people, the Dome, or whatever else, it is a great place to hold major events, and the city will always get consideration.

It was a fugg up, but from all accounts the NFL was satisfied how the entire week went, as well as people who were down there.

Let's face it regardless of how you feel about New Orleans, the people, the Dome, or whatever else, it is a great place to hold major events, and the city will always get consideration.

Eh...

The lights went out because of some system to prevent the lights from going out.

Sounds like someone fugged up...

...which means the Super Bowl went off without a problem in the eyes of Saints fans huh?

This is the problem with commentig on a situation you know nothing about. No one said the event happened without a problem, just that in December before the Super Bowl, a project for over $4 million wrapped up to upgrade the electrical on the Dome. Officials brought in inspectors to check everything a few months before and they decided something like this may happen, so upgrades were made.

The problem has since been corrected.