Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconFanSince1969

Goodell Changing The Game.....again

123 posts in this topic

I like it. Removing the kick all together just isn't football imo.

Might as well take Foot out of the word football.

Extra-point attempts have been moved from the two- to 15-yard line, though two-point conversions will continue to take place from the two-yard line.

That means PATs will now be 33 yards instead of 20. It's a drastic change, not one everyone was necessarily asking for. There will now be big games decided by missed extra points. The league also implemented another rule change, awarding two points for botched PATs or two-point conversions that are returned for a score by the defense. That rule was already employed by the NCAA.

Owners changed it. Not Goodell

If you were found guilty of cheating to win a SB you need to be stripped of your title. Change that rule. But again we're talking about

Roger Goddell (the weakest NFL commissioner).

I don't care for it just because I am use to a TD being 7pts basically. The PAT was pretty much automatic in the NFL.

I knew my 7 multiplication table before most other #s because of football. I knew 5 TDs was 35 and so forth.

Oh well, the auto 7 never bothered me, but I will get use to this. Hopefully it remains an auto 7 for us.

Might as well take Foot out of the word football.

That might be the biggest Mic drop worthy phrase in the history of mic drop phrases.

Maybe move it out to the five yard line so that offenses don't have to make it known what kind of play they're planning?

I see it the other way. It makes faking it easier. You cant stack the line for a block AND cover 15 yards of field at the same time.

You will almost have to stay in normal defense on pats now

Minimal change.

More extra points were missed in the first two weeks of 2014 preseason than the entire season of 2013.

Can't imagine we will see too many of those if any at all.

yea that is basically ruined now I guess

Better yet, LEAVE IT ALONE! Here's what they should do... If the offense goes for two, then they'll kickoff from the 25. If they kick it, the kickoff from the 35. That way they can know ahead of time the bit of risk coming from going for the 2 points.

I like the change. The PAT was a gimme now it adds more excitement. Imagine a game coming down to the extra point. Before you basically knew it would be tied now not so much.

I don't care for it just because I am use to a TD being 7pts basically. The PAT was pretty much automatic in the NFL.

I knew my 7 multiplication table before most others because of football. I knew 5 TDs was 35 and so forth.

Oh well, the auto 7 never bothered me, but I will get use to this. Hopefully it remains an auto 7 for us.

wow.

Extra-point attempts have been moved from the two- to 15-yard line, though two-point conversions will continue to take place from the two-yard line.

That means PATs will now be 33 yards instead of 20. It's a drastic change, not one everyone was necessarily asking for. There will now be big games decided by missed extra points. The league also implemented another rule change, awarding two points for botched PATs or two-point conversions that are returned for a score by the defense. That rule was already employed by the NCAA.

I'm glad they finally put that rule in. I have been asking for that rule to be in the NFL for years because it rewards the defense more for a blocked PAT or a great play on a 2 point conversion.

I like this change. It will make the game better.PAT was getting to be just about automatic. I least this will be a little more challenging.

I'm glad they finally put that rule in. I have been asking for that rule to be in the NFL for years because it rewards the defense more for a blocked PAT or a great play on a 2 point conversion.

Hageman probably likes that rule too

I like this a lot better than the kick off change. Big legged kickers make the kick off boring, now they should remove the touch back, make kick offs stay in the field of play...