Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconFanSince1969

Goodell Changing The Game.....again

123 posts in this topic

Extra-point attempts have been moved from the two- to 15-yard line, though two-point conversions will continue to take place from the two-yard line.

That means PATs will now be 33 yards instead of 20. It's a drastic change, not one everyone was necessarily asking for. There will now be big games decided by missed extra points. The league also implemented another rule change, awarding two points for botched PATs or two-point conversions that are returned for a score by the defense. That rule was already employed by the NCAA.

Not all Goodell is it? I'm sure the rules committee and owners have some say too. The automatic xp was getting old anyway.

Yeah I believe the owners have to vote on it.

Im not sure how making every play matter makes the game worse?

Noting is given. Everything is earned. Pretty much sums up the attitude of the NFL. If thats true, why should we basically "give" away points?

They should have moved the extra point further away. I want teams to earn their score.

By far, the most boring play of any football game is the extra point kick.

Move it back further and force teams to judge the risks and benefits of going for two.

So at what point does the nfl turn this game into a Fing joke. Lets say we make one drastic change each year until it ain't football anymore.

I used to stick up for Goodell but I am growing sick of this man... The national panzy league is coming to a theatre near you.

So am I the only one remember this being talked about last year? It was gonna be this or just give the automatic extra with an option to go for two

I don't mind it. Teams like us that have an awesome kicker will only profit from it.

And teams like the stains who can't find a kicker will.... We'll you know.

Why is everybody blaming Goddell he works for 32 owners Plus club presidents. They have owners meeting for a reason, ***~Mon Man!