Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

One thing I will say about QB rankings, is that there is very little between 5 and 12. You can pick holes In every one of them.

Heck, you can do the same for the top 4 as well, except Brady. Without a miracle finish from the Eagles in 2011 against NY, the pack don't even make the playoffs that year and Rodgers is sat here today with no Super Bowl win and a losing NFCCG as his best playoff run (like Ryan). Brees has only 1 deep playoff run, and that is tainted because they cheated etc.

Guys like Romo, Cam and Rivers have achieved nothing in their careers that Ryan hasn't...

One thing I will say about QB rankings, is that there is very little between 5 and 12. You can pick holes In every one of them.

Heck, you can do the same for the top 4 as well, except Brady. Without a miracle finish from the Eagles in 2011 against NY, the pack don't even make the playoffs that year and Rodgers is sat here today with no Super Bowl win and a losing NFCCG as his best playoff run (like Ryan). Brees has only 1 deep playoff run, and that is tainted because they cheated etc.

Guys like Romo, Cam and Rivers have achieved nothing in their careers that Ryan hasn't...

Romo has multiple 100+ QB rating years, Cam broke rookie records and whatever rushing/passing yardage record was in place, Rivers has 4 30 TD years and a 70% completion year plus a gutsy playoff game on one leg...

People always have to try so hard to tear down other QBs to elevate Ryan. Hes interchangeable with those guys, some people like those guys more. It's simple.

I respect that. Likewise here on defense priority is a must. Starting with Julio trade, it was losing that focus that was the biggest reason team regressed past two seasons

Still doesn't answer my earlier question as to why you "like" 15 QBs more than ours though....

No worries....

Oh, it was REALLY only 12. I did a short writing on it a page or so back. Its very uninteresting and not informative at all. No more than liking over 25 RB's better than Dunn at that time. Still cheered for him though.

Romo has multiple 100+ QB rating years, Cam broke rookie records and whatever rushing/passing yardage record was in place, Rivers has 4 30 TD years and a 70% completion year plus a gutsy playoff game on one leg...

People always have to try so hard to tear down other QBs to elevate Ryan. Hes interchangeable with those guys, some people like those guys more. It's simple.

...and Ryan in the 2nd winningest QB of all time through years 4 & 5 of his career and up there we the best best in term of come from behind wins.

You can find positives and negatives for every QB in the top 15. The only guy whose regular and post season accomplishments are so comsistent and compete that that he is bullet proof from any criticism, is Brady.

Ryan is interchangeable with those guys. That was my point.

...and Ryan in the 2nd winningest QB of all time through years 4 & 5 of his career and up there we the best best in term of come from behind wins.

You can find positives and negatives for every QB in the top 15. The only guy whose regular and post season accomplishments are so comsistent and compete that that he is bullet proof from any criticism, is Brady.

Ryan is interchangeable with those guys. That was my point.

QBs don't control the record of a team, or 10-22 falls on Ryan. That includes come from behind wins where the offense moves up field and more times than not the kicker gets the needed points, not Ryan.

I thought your point was Ryan was better than those guys, my bad.

Exactly the only point that matters. I was a Bulls fan before I turned the NBA off, I was a fan of Kukoc...yeah that long ago, but people didn't like him because he wasn't putting up MJ numbers. I never cared though...its not about like. Its about can he help us win?

Ryan was the best guy on our offense last year with Jones a near second. With more help on the O and D this year, we have a realistic chance to turn it around. My OPINION on rankings and other QB's I like mean absolutely nothing. I like other RB's, WR's, TE's, OL, DE's, DT's, LB's, and secondaries too. Do people care? No. Because they would rather have their QB listed in a top 10 than to have their TEAM top ten.

Toni Kukoc was a very key piece of those Bulls teams. Steve Kerr was too.

Personal likes? Sure.

Luck, P. Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Stafford, Flacco, R. Wilson, Kaep, Cam, Teddy, Mariota, Ben...meh...its just 12 guys. I overstated. This is just like as in like. Kinda like, "I like 7.62 better than 5.56." Even though really it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Luck to me is just plain exciting. Fun to watch.

P. Manning is P. Manning. I root against him based on who he's playing against...but dude is just HoF. Scary guy.

Rodgers is like a thorn to me. He's probably the most instinctive on the list.

Rivers is just a nasty guy. Mean as a viper.

Stafford plays like he's on something. Dude is like a crash test dummy.

Flacco is interesting on and off the field. But that arm tho.

R. Wilson is a playmaker...period.

Kaep is explosive. Love watching him play the game.

Cam is what people wish Tebow was. Tebow didn't make my list, but I'm interested to see what he does.

Teddy has a strange play. I enjoyed watching him play.

Mariota is a cool guy. Hope he does well. As of right now, I like him from his college days.

Ben is just a monster. Fun to watch people try to bring him down. Its just not fair.

My list has nothing to do with performance. Just like. As far as performance? I still say Ryan is top 15. Maybe #11 or 12.

How can you like Phillip Crybaby Rivers more than Matt Get the **** off my field Ryan????

How can people like Warrick "Saintsbuc-Mole" Dunn more than Michael "The Burner" Turner.

Well, for starters, both were Falcons at some point of their career. Both were glaringly opposite players at the RB position. Dunn catered towards the fast, shifty Falcons fan and Turner catered toward the bowling ball, run you over Falcons fan. Not really a comparable situation. I'm just messing with you, but I think Rivers is the biggest baby in the league. Ryan would win that street fight.

Saintsbuc-Mole??? Please explain KOG.

Never liked him. He was definitely from Louisiana and seemed to have a soft spot for them. Always playing nicey whenever we went to N.O., then I always saw him as a Buc anyways. I didn't like him before he came to the ATL...

Well, for starters, both were Falcons at some point of their career. Both were glaringly opposite players at the RB position. Dunn catered towards the fast, shifty Falcons fan and Turner catered toward the bowling ball, run you over Falcons fan. Not really a comparable situation. I'm just messing with you, but I think Rivers is the biggest baby in the league. Ryan would win that street fight.

I like fast shifty guys too. I don't like Dunn. It would be a mistake to put money on Ryan against my 15yr old daughter.

Never liked him. He was definitely from Louisiana and seemed to have a soft spot for them. Always playing nicey whenever we went to N.O., then I always saw him as a Buc anyways. I didn't like him before he came to the ATL...

I like fast shifty guys too. I don't like Dunn. It would be a mistake to put money on Ryan against my 15yr old daughter.

Ryan is the opposite of soft. He's also Irish, so I'm positive he knows how to throw.

None of those 2nd tier QBs can see my dude Matty Ice. Eli, and Flacco got a legit argument cause they got rings. But based off individual numbers Matt's better than them too. If Romo is 1st tier, then Matt's definitely on that part of the list too. REALLY?!?!?! Cam Newton and Jay Cutler, and Colin Capernick are better QBs Matt Ryan?? WTF has he been watching?

Ryan is the opposite of soft. He's also Irish, so I'm positive he knows how to throw.

Lockerroom humor. My daughter wouldn't look up from her phone. LOL!!!

Let's not get away from the fact I do like him. Looking for him to shut up all of his detractors this year. That list by Brunell was a bit lazy and more opinion than anything.

I agree, but not because I think he'd lose. Mostly because I think if he tried you would break his legs on the spot

I was thinking because of who Ryan is. He doesn't seem like the type to ever strike a women regardless if she's attacking him. So yeah I think a 15yr old little girl would probably woop his butt. shrug.001.gif

He literally must have forgot.

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Manning, I don't get the hype about Manning be ranked low, it not even like he played bad down the stretch last year, just not excellent

5. Ryan

And then I think there is a drop off

6. Big Ben - Never was a huge fan but he has played well recently, two rings, but Id take Matt any day

7. Romo - So he plays behind the best OL in football and best RB and suddenly hes a top 5 QB, when hes been inconsistent his whole career... hmmm

8. Luck - Dude is good but gets wayyy to much media hype, I dont think his best has been as good as Ryans best in his career

9. Manning -He deserves to be here just because of the two SB wins

10. Wilson - Never wows me but moves the chains and comes up with improbable plays

Then the rest of Brunells teir two guys are all about the same with some showing flashes more than others like Rivers, Stafford, Kaepernick, Flacco