Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

465 posts in this topic

Ryan must have boned Brunell's wife at some point, or he's an idiot!!

Rodgers is the only player on that list who i would trade Ryan for..

ummmm...lol....

Cam Newton, Kaepernick, guys like that aren't great QBs but they are highly marketable. That's why their names tend to sift towards the top of ESPN lists.

Matt Ryan is one of the least marketable QB's because he's boring (that's a good thing) and he does his job without making a fuss. I guarantee you if Matt Ryan had come into the league with a scandal or did a superman celebration everytime he scored, he'd show up on more ESPN stuff.

It's about ratings, not about accuracy. It's the same reason why places like Fox News is so popular. It's not about facts, it's about entertainment.

This x 1000

I hear all this game manager stuff about Wilson, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing...but the dude is one of the best playmakers at QB in the NFL if you ask me. He doesn't make crazy throws consistently but it always seems like he's able to make the play. Remember that Patriots game his rookie year? Probably my second favorite QB behind Rodgers to watch. He is absolutely elite to me, whatever that means. Don't care how unpopular that opinion is.

I also don't really get why people knock Roethlisberger so much here. The dude is a phenomenal QB. Kinda scary how much Winston reminds me of him.

I hear all this game manager stuff about Wilson, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing...but the dude is one of the best playmakers at QB in the NFL if you ask me. He doesn't make crazy throws consistently but it always seems like he's able to make the play. Remember that Patriots game his rookie year? Probably my second favorite QB behind Rodgers to watch. He is absolutely elite to me, whatever that means. Don't care how unpopular that opinion is.

I also don't really get why people knock Roethlisberger so much here. The dude is a phenomenal QB. Kinda scary how much Winston reminds me of him.

Wilson makes plays but has never taken control of a game. He's never put the team on his back doe

Seriously tho. Ryan makes as many plays as Wilson does. Remember the 65 yard bomb to White? Or the pass to the sidelines to Jenkins vs the Bears? Or the 49ers game where he almost single handedly won the game? Or the drive against the Seahawks in the playoffs with less than a minute left?

It's annoying to me how much of a boner people have for mobile QBs.

Wilson makes plays but has never taken control of a game. He's never put the team on his back doe

Seriously tho. Ryan makes as many plays as Wilson does. Remember the 65 yard bomb to White? Or the pass to the sidelines to Jenkins vs the Bears? Or the 49ers game where he almost single handedly won the game? Or the drive against the Seahawks in the playoffs with less than a minute left?

lol...how dare people like QBs who can turn a broken play into something

I didn't mention Ryan?

yuuuup

I'm a weird guy bro. I love size, strength, mobility and other weird measurables for QB's. I'm starting to like Matt though. I LIKE Russell, Kaep, Cam, and Flacco. Not necessarily better than Matt, but I like them a lot...

What?! I don't know how even Kapernick likes Kaepernick.

JDaveG likes this

I like Wilson, I just don't see him being that good anywhere else. He's in the perfect situation for a QB to succeed. We'd be saying the same thing if Ryan Tannehill was their QB. Look at the first SB. Russell Wilson impacted that game in one way: he stayed out of the way.

Like canuck said, Wilson doesn't carry that team. He doesn't have to, but he rarely takes games over. Teams are so focused on stopping Lynch because that's who makes that team go. Once they lose Lynch, I want to see Wilson then. If he can start carrying them, then I'll get more in his corner. He's a phenomenal decision maker, but it's not hard to find a WR open after a heavy play action play and you buying 3-4 extra seconds for them to get open. He doesn't make good reads often, misses a lot of reads often too. There is a reason the Seahawks do not want to pay him anywhere near $20M.

Vandy and paulitik like this

I like Wilson, I just don't see him being that good anywhere else. He's in the perfect situation for a QB to succeed. We'd be saying the same thing if Ryan Tannehill was their QB. Look at the first SB. Russell Wilson impacted that game in one way: he stayed out of the way.

Like canuck said, Wilson doesn't carry that team. He doesn't have to, but he rarely takes games over. Teams are so focused on stopping Lynch because that's who makes that team go. Once they lose Lynch, I want to see Wilson then. If he can start carrying them, then I'll get more in his corner. He's a phenomenal decision maker, but it's not hard to find a WR open after a heavy play action play and you buying 3-4 extra seconds for them to get open. He doesn't make good reads often, misses a lot of reads often too. There is a reason the Seahawks do not want to pay him anywhere near $20M.

The Seattle offensive line is not very good in pass protection. Russel Wilson is routinely under duress and he finds ways to move the chains.

Hasslebeck, Whitehurst, Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Flynn all couldn't get it done in Seattle so I think your really understating his value.

Question, when has Matt Ryan had a winning season without Micheal Turner?

Its patently foolish to put together a list of the NFLs top 10 QBs and omit Matt Ryan from it. He has exceptional numbers in so many areas that are virtually the same or better as Brady and Manning.

yep its straight up dishonest and idiotic

This is the same Mark Brunell that has pizzed through his millions from playing football, and had to hang on in his late 30's to teams just to get a paycheck. Yea I'll trust his judgement. Not to mention when it comes to money got to be a chit load jealousy going on just 10-15 years later and every QB is getting an 100 million contract. LOL he would have pizzed that away too.

lol...how dare people like QBs who can turn a broken play into something

Russ often starts scrambling before he's even pressured. I wouldn't consider that a broken play.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

Russ often starts scrambling before he's even pressured. I wouldn't consider that a broken play.

Strongly disagree. He knows how to sit in the pocket and is incredible at extending plays, always looks to throw before running too. Incredibly accurate, good zip, cerebral, hes a stud.