Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

463 posts in this topic

For the record, what did Brunell do---Nothing!! He got his ring watching Brees from the sideline. Who really cares what he thinks? He was terrible except when he played in Jacksonville and then he was ONLY "AVERAGE". This guy is a WANNABE.

When I think of game managers I don't think of guys who can constantly fix broken plays personally.

Game managers are guys who are consistent, efficient and don't make mistakes.

Wilson is all of those things to a T. 72/26 TD/INT ratio, 63% completion, 98.6 career QBR.

Knight of God likes this

Wilson is all of those things to a T. 72/26 TD/INT ratio, 63% completion, 98.6 career QBR.

A-Rod fits that description.

Really the only type of QB I like.

I keep saying it but I'll say it again, Troy Aikman. That is who Matt Ryan compares best to in my opinion and that would be perfectly fine with me.

For me its Drew Bledsoe.

For me its Drew Bledsoe.

I can see that but I think Matt has a little more mobility than Bledsoe did and that makes him more like Aikman to me. Bledsoe I think had a stronger arm than Matt has. The other reason I say Aikman is because he ended up with those 3 Super Bowl rings and well Bledsoe didn't. LOL!.

Knight of God likes this

Y'all go look up where he was a backup at when he got his SB ring.

That should tell you enough.

Yeah, I like Mark Brunell. He earned that ring. Because he can hold the **** out of a place kick.

I'm used to Falcons players being snubbed but this has to be a mistake. Even Saints fans would put Matt Ryan in the first tier

Cam Newton, Kaepernick, guys like that aren't great QBs but they are highly marketable. That's why their names tend to sift towards the top of ESPN lists.

Matt Ryan is one of the least marketable QB's because he's boring (that's a good thing) and he does his job without making a fuss. I guarantee you if Matt Ryan had come into the league with a scandal or did a superman celebration everytime he scored, he'd show up on more ESPN stuff.

It's about ratings, not about accuracy. It's the same reason why places like Fox News is so popular. It's not about facts, it's about entertainment.

That's fair, but the best example I have that it was MS is the Detroit game. At the end of the first half, Ryan was going no huddle and getting ready to go to work. Mike Smith called him down and made Ryan take a knee. THAT is lack of killer instinct.

Exactly the time when I stopped defending Mike Smith. We have got to put our boot on peoples necks when we have them down. Taking the foot off the gas costs you games. Making zero adjustments guarantees you will lose.

Yes, because ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC are all about the facts and not pushing an agenda.....ok

I completely agree with you. I was just using Fox News as an example. They ALL do it. It's why I don't watch any of it.

and it's why I don't care when Jamie Dukes says the Falcons suck or when the media seems to have 24/7 coverage of Johnny freakin Manzeil the Browns backup QB. It's all about ratings.

gazoo likes this

Ryan must have boned Brunell's wife at some point, or he's an idiot!!

Rodgers is the only player on that list who i would trade Ryan for..

Probably right but it does speak to how Matt Ryan has been underwhelming as of late.

He is quietly putting up decent numbers but many pundits just don't see anything special to declare he is an upper echelon QB.

The Rock agrees. Matt Ryan isn't a 1st tier QB but he is definitely a second tier QB. Extremely Smart QB most of the time but below average physical talent.

Ryan must have boned Brunell's wife at some point, or he's an idiot!!

Rodgers is the only player on that list who i would trade Ryan for..

ummmm...lol....