Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

463 posts in this topic

17h6z093no88xjpg.jpg

sniffle sniffle sniffle... I refuse to admit we got whooped by Atlanta waaaahhh! I hope we blast this dude like he's never witnessed in his entire career.

Its why I am hoping we make one more move for pass rush before the season starts. Maybe Safety.

Possibly, although I feel Smith is a convenient punching bag here. We were in position to win it all in 2012, and we just didn't get it done.

At the end of the day, a QB has to find his own voice as leader of the team. That time is now for Matt.

That's fair, but the best example I have that it was MS is the Detroit game. At the end of the first half, Ryan was going no huddle and getting ready to go to work. Mike Smith called him down and made Ryan take a knee. THAT is lack of killer instinct.

Possibly, although I feel Smith is a convenient punching bag here. We were in position to win it all in 2012, and we just didn't get it done.

At the end of the day, a QB has to find his own voice as leader of the team. That time is now for Matt.

That's fair IMO.

Its why I am hoping we make one more move for pass rush before the season starts. Maybe Safety.

Thats my favorite wish right now as well. That is why I was so all over those Bennett/Irvin tweets and comments and stuff. Just one more tough, proven, pass rusher would be beautiful.

That's fair, but the best example I have that it was MS is the Detroit game. At the end of the first half, Ryan was going no huddle and getting ready to go to work. Mike Smith called him down and made Ryan take a knee. THAT is lack of killer instinct.

I hear ya, and I believe that game sealed Smith's fate. But I also want a QB who isn't afraid to argue that issue with his coach, not on the sidelines as a jerk ala Jeff George, but definitely at halftime. And maybe Matt did, but my impression is he's never taken that leadership role over completely. I want to see that fire in his belly KOG was discussing earlier.

I don't care about all of that.

I used to but I've learned to not give a **** about any of it. What's the point? It's just talk and does mean anything. Mark Brunell or anyone else can rank Matt Ryan the 60th best QB in the NFL and none of it has any impact whatsoever on the play on the field.

Knight of God and Shelley#37 like this

I used to but I've learned to not give a **** about any of it. What's the point? It's just talk and does mean anything. Mark Brunell or anyone else can rank Matt Ryan the 60th best QB in the NFL and none of it has any impact whatsoever on the play on the field.

EXACTLY!!! I don't need paper respect.

Falconsfan567 likes this

I really don't GAS about rankings....he's my (Falcons) quaterback and I think he is the best option we could have right now and he will win games for us more than he loses games. Given the right pieces and coaching and I feel he is good enough to win a SB.

I freaking love how cam newton gets credit for his.... Defense

That offense is horrid. It's hilarious people think cam is good just because that defense won 12 games 2 years ago

Its honestly the equivalent of saying Kroy is good because our offense got us to the nfccg

gazoo likes this

I liked Brunell when he was a Jag along with Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, and Fred Taylor.

Those guys were really good together. I thought that they were really going make their way to at least a SB appearance back then.

I was a pretty big fan of those Jaguars teams back then. They were fun to watch because they had both a great offense and defense. It's because of that 1999 season that I came to not like the Titans. The Jaguars lost just 3 games that year, including beating the Dolphins 62-7 in the divisional round of the playoffs, but they couldn't beat the Titans. Titans beat them twice in the regular season and again in the playoffs in the AFC Championship Game. Just couldn't believe it. My whole family had Jaguars jerseys, mine was McCardell.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

I freaking love how cam newton gets credit for his.... Defense

That offense is horrid. It's hilarious people think cam is good just because that defense won 12 games 2 years ago

Its honestly the equivalent of saying Kroy is good because our offense got us to the nfccg

They think he's good because he's a big dual threat who put up decent numbers...

They think he's good because he's a big dual threat who put up decent numbers...

Exactly, he was ranked high when he was losing games putting up 4k yards 30+ total TDs

Exactly, he was ranked high when he was losing games putting up 4k yards 30+ total TDs

Last year he got over 3600yds total and 23 TD's while getting 12 INT's. Hard to bring down, exciting to watch, and to be very honest he's only 26yrs old. Kind of makes it hard for him to go unnoticed.

That's why there is crying about fixing the OL.

Cam has regressed as a passer every year. His yardage total has went down every single year. His QBR has never made it out of the 80's. He has a career completion percent below 60%.

But he sure is good @ 1 yard TD runs. He has 13 of those in his career.

Cam has regressed as a passer every year. His yardage total has went down every single year. His QBR has never made it out of the 80's. He has a career completion percent below 60%.

Thing is, I'm not so big on talking gressions...lol. It is what it is. I am just hoping we beat him. Numbers are fun, but are only meaningful in Fantasy debates. When, where, and how.

We have a better QB in terms of numbers, but what was our final W/L?

Thing is, I'm not so big on talking gressions...lol. It is what it is. I am just hoping we beat him. Numbers are fun, but are only meaningful in Fantasy debates. When, where, and how.

We have a better QB in terms of numbers, but what was our final W/L?

Let's just put it this way. Russell Wilson is what Cam and Vick were supposed to be.

He is THE elite game manager in the NFL.

Knight of God likes this

Different ways to skin a chicken

hhahah omg, this is seriously the worst thing ive ever seen, ever. He must have forgot him...Newton?? Cutler? Kap Dalton Palmer!!!?? LOLLOL

Let's just put it this way. Russell Wilson is what Cam and Vick were supposed to be.

He is THE elite game manager in the NFL.

When I think of game managers I don't think of guys who can constantly fix broken plays personally.