Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

463 posts in this topic

So because Newton and Jamarcus are both big black guys with strong arms, played in the SEC, and you all don't like Cam...they are the same?

Both were/are absurdly hyped. Both couldn't throw the ball in the ocean.

I thought he was trying to insult Cam by calling him Jamarcus, not referring to Jamarcus and Cam.

Yeah well.

I mean it is pretty disrespectful to compare Russell and Cam, but Cam is overrated. That defense carries his butt year after year

Most QB's are. ;)

Most QB's are. ;)

When did we ever have prime tony g?

I never said we had him in his prime, he was playing at a pro-bowl level his entire career.

He caught so many clutch passes in key games dude was basically a machine.

My point is if Matt Ryan is really going to garner lasting respect the perception must be he makes players around him better and not vice versa.

If not the argument will be anybody could win with all that talent around them.

One is an out of shape slob, and played horribly. Another has the 2nd most passing yards in his first few seasons and has at least maintained his starting position while in the league. One has been in the playoffs and won while the other didn't even finish one season. This is like comparing Leaf to Ryan because you don't like him. It's based purely on skin color and arm strength.

Aundray Bruce likes this comment.

Jamarcus Russell makes Aundray Bruce's career look HOF worthy.

Jamarcus Russell was drafted in 2007, he has been out of football since 2009. Out of the 3 seasons he has played, he only has one season with more than 3 tds.

He is so awful that even CFL and Arena Leagues aren't him giving opportunities to play.

I kind of laugh every time Matt is ranked outside of the top 8 or something like that while everybody gets all up in arms. When that happens you can find at least two or three qbs that have no business being ranked ahead of Ryan. However, this instance really takes the cake imo. Talk aboutt out of touch! Dalton, Tannehill, Cutler?!? Lmao

Vandy likes this

Brunell is a joke! Really? Luck and Romo first tier? Not to even mention half the clowns on tier two. It's really laughable that this guy was an ex-QB in the NFL. Brunell can suck monkey balls.

I never said we had him in his prime, he was playing at a pro-bowl level his entire career.

My point is if Matt Ryan is really going to garner lasting respect the perception must be he makes players around him better and not vice versa.

I see your point, and would agree to a certain extent....but.....I would argue falcons were not overall an incredibly talented team 2008-2012...we had pieces, but all teams do....

I don't care about perception. I care about reality. The reality is that the players make each other. Peyton Manning isn't making those receivers catch those balls.

DirtyBird8711 likes this

You quoted and still somehow messed up. Its okay. You are emotional right now, I get that. Here it is again just to make certain you actually read it and not RED it.

I'm a weird guy bro. I love size, strength, mobility and other weird measurables for QB's. I'm starting to like Matt though. I LIKE Russell, Kaep, Cam, and Flacco. Not necessarily better than Matt, but I like them a lot...

I know, I was using hyperbole for effect lol.

Jamarcus Russell makes Aundray Bruce's career look HOF worthy.

Jamarcus Russell was drafted in 2007, he has been out of football since 2009. Out of the 3 seasons he has played, he only has one season with more than 3 tds.

He is so awful that even CFL and Arena Leagues aren't giving opportunities to play.

Ok. I fixed it. biggrin.png

Ryan Leaf likes this comment.

Let's not try and discredit Brunell because he said something you didn't like. If he said, "Matt Ryan is number one." you'd all be throwing a parade right now.

This is how bad he sucked.

Career NFL statistics
TDINT: 184–108 Passing yards: 32,072 QB Rating:

Falconsfan567 likes this

Let's not try and discredit Brunell because he said something you didn't like. If he said, "Matt Ryan is number one." you'd all be throwing a parade right now.

Career NFL statistics

The only important ones on the list came as a backup lol\

The year he lead the NFL in passing yards he also threw more INTs than TDs.

which cam?

The big as life Diva Cam?

The no leadership, towel over his head, bad team mate when the chips are down Cam?

The media interview, brown sweater, pouting Cam?

The gum chewing, smiling, I'm the man Cam?

The in your face, superman, look at me and not my team mates Cam?

Meh, they all suc to me... Under harrassing conditions, Cam is less than average. Now I have a hard time figuring out who I like to dislike more... Cam or Drew Brees. I chose Cam because he gives us so many opportunities to point out where he's showing his azz....

Vandy likes this

Career NFL statistics

Must have gotten sacked a few too many times though not to have included Ryan in his top 15 QBs....

My guess is it was not intentional, he just mistakenly left him out..........

Here's what I think. I don't care if Ryan was slated at number 32. The conversation needs to be, "what he needs, what he's good at, how he can win the big game." Not whether or not an ex-player liked him enough to rank him where everyone thinks he should rank.

Matt needs to win one...period. At least get close like some of his "detractors". Give us something to work with.

I know, I was using hyperbole for effect lol.

That's all QB talk can be. Hyperbole. The other night on NFL Network they were discussing Tom Brady, but every highlight was Gronk, RB's, and WR's making the play at 3-7yds out and taking it the rest of the way. Not a fan of QB hype. Its bull.

Leaf wasn't a #1 overall pick, Peyton was that year.

And yes, Russell was even worse than Leaf lol.

I agree with you, my man. lol I was just trying (and failing) to make a little joke. wacko.png

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

The media has a love/hate relationship with the Cowboys.

Romo is usually trashed after either a bad season or a very awful season ending performance. Then the Cowboys are deemed potential SB by some by the time the season schedules release.

It's just weird.

Yep,

Every media outlet loves to talk about the Cowboys good or bad because of the fan base and history.

They always got drama going on and that's good for ratings.

Matt Ryan simply needs to win and all the criticism will fall to the waste side and him jump back up the rankings.

In year one, two and three the media claimed he was the next Peyton Manning. This is what happens when you don't meet expectations.

Here's what I think. I don't care if Ryan was slated at number 32. The conversation needs to be, "what he needs, what he's good at, how he can win the big game." Not whether or not an ex-player liked him enough to rank him where everyone thinks he should rank.

Matt needs to win one...period. At least get close like some of his "detractors". Give us something to work with.

With respect, and I hear you loud and clear....but...you don't get much closer than 2012.

Truth to tell, all these lists are what have you done for me lately, and lately, falcons are 10-22. If we go 11-5 next season, Ryan is back on everyone's Top 10 list.

Knight of God likes this

Career NFL statistics

I liked Brunell when he was a Jag along with Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, and Fred Taylor.

Those guys were really good together. I thought that they were really going make their way to at least a SB appearance back then.

The only important ones on the list came as a backup lol\

The year he lead the NFL in passing yards he also threw more INTs than TDs.

Same as Drew Bledsoe. Doesn't matter. He still has a ring. He also had a decent career. Say what you want. How many playoff wins does he have?

Vandy likes this