Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

463 posts in this topic

I think Matt Ryan gets dinged because when he was successful he had elite players around him like Tony Gonzalez, Micheal Turner, Roddy White and Julio Jones. Once we lost several weapons to injury etc the team began to lose.

Peyton makes average players look elite, and Romo and Rivers never played with the amount of talent we had on offense in 2012.

With that said, no way is he tier three no matter how you slice it.

Rivers played with 2 HOF'ers on offense. LT and Gates. TG was an old man when he came to ATL. Rivers had Gates all thru his prime. LT was the best RB of a generation. Are you high?

me4falcons likes this

Same here. Ryan's better than both of those (probable) HOF QBs right now.

Don't get me wrong, Matt still has not shown he's elite yet, but he's actually been the better QB the past few seasons, IMO, with less to work with, than either.....

I think this is the year Matt shows he's elite....last two seasons toughened him up....

He might as well put Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota on the list then.

Oh, it's coming. Winston and Mariota will be anointed before the season starts. Every year, they can't wait to hype up the next best QB ever. It's really just a joke now.

Oh, it's coming. Winston and Mariota will be anointed before the season starts. Every year, they can't wait to hype up the next best QB ever. It's really just a joke now.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Eli jump back into elite QB conversation this year

Pretty sure Romo has some insane talent on offense.

You're telling me his elite line, future HOF Witten, Murray, Dez, T-Willy, Escobar and Cole Beasley wasn't better than our 2012 offense?

Let me ask who would you want on your squad?

Prime against prime are you taking Dez or Julio?

Turner or Murray?

Witten and Escobar or Tony G?

Cole Beasley or Roddy White?

Anyone who puts Jamarcus Newton over Ryan has zero credibility.

So because Newton and Jamarcus are both big black guys with strong arms, played in the SEC, and you all don't like Cam...they are the same?

Turner or Murray?

Both Bryant and Murray led the NFL in tds for their respective positions last season.

Turner or Murray?

Thing about it, there is too much emphasis on rankings. I want wins only. I don't care about elite. If I can win a SB with TJ Yates I would be thrilled. Too many people need bragging rights and when others don't agree they get upset.

Its just opinions.

So because Newton and Jamarcus are both big black guys with strong arms, played in the SEC, and you all don't like Cam...they are the same?

I thought he was trying to insult Cam by calling him Jamarcus, not referring to Jamarcus and Cam.

I mean it is pretty disrespectful to compare Russell and Cam, but Cam is overrated. That defense carries his butt year after year

Rivers played with 2 HOF'ers on offense. LT and Gates. TG was an old man when he came to ATL. Rivers had Gates all thru his prime. LT was the best RB of a generation. Are you high?

Tony Gonzalez was playing at a Pro-bowl level during his entire career with Atlanta. 2013 was the only season you could argue differently.

Even with that said I am not arguing Phillip Rivers had less of a team to work with than Matt Ryan because that simply is not true.

The Chargers had one of the most talented rosters ever assembled and Phillip Rivers could not capitalize. He encountered the same criticism and lack of respect until recently before he was known to make big mistakes in big games, he has just shook the label. Allot of that has to do with what he was doing during the 1st half of last season with not a lot around him.

Cam is overrated, but he is no Jamarcus Russell.

Jamarcus Russell is the biggest bust in NFL history and is the biggest embarrassment in the history of #1 overall draft picks.

I can only assume that Brunell forgot about Ryan, because he cannot possibly be that stupid enough to think those 2nd tier guys are better than Ryan.

Turner or Murray?

When did we ever have prime tony g?

Both Bryant and Murray led the NFL in tds for their respective positions last season.

No doubt Murray and Bryant had break out season last year.

Romo has been one of the most criticized QB's of all time. Many called him a choke artist for years, the cowboys are only getting love because of last season.

Imagine what they would be saying if Romo was 4-12 followed by 6-10.

Cam is overrated, but he is no Jamarcus Russell.

Jamarcus Russell is the biggest bust in NFL history and is the biggest embarrassment in the history of #1 overall draft picks.

Ryan Leaf likes this comment.

Tony Gonzalez was playing at a Pro-bowl level during his entire career with Atlanta. 2013 was the only season you could argue differently.

Even with that said I am not arguing Phillip Rivers had less of a team to work with than Matt Ryan because that simply is not true.

The Chargers had one of the most talented rosters ever assembled and Phillip Rivers could not capitalize. He encountered the same criticism and lack of respect until recently before he was known to make big mistakes in big games, he has just shook the label. Allot of that has to do with what he was doing during the 1st half of last season with not a lot around him.

Gotta have the D to win a championship....good QB play and skill guys will only take you so far......

Cam and Jamarcus Russell are nothing alike as QBs. Their only similarities have nothng to do with their play on the field. Its funny how some folks always want to compare Newton and Winston to Jamarcus Russell when they coulnt be more different QBs.

If ****ing the bed when it matters most is a rubric that Brunell used, Rivers and Romo have no business in the 1st tier.

They weren't when their teams had bad years...

People forget how much Romo was disrespected because the Cowboys weren't making the playoffs, or how Rivers was done when he had his rough years.

No doubt Murray and Bryant had break out season last year.

Romo has been one of the most criticized QB's of all time. Many called him a choke artist for years, the cowboys are only getting love because of last season.

Imagine what they would be saying if Romo was 4-12 followed by 6-10.

The media has a love/hate relationship with the Cowboys.

Romo is usually trashed after either a bad season or a very awful season ending performance. Then the Cowboys are deemed potential SB by some by the time the season schedules release.

It's just weird.

Cam and Jamarcus Russell are nothing alike as QBs. Their only similarities have nothng to do with their play on the field. Its funny how some folks always want to compare Newton and Winston to Jamarcus Russell when they coulnt be more different QBs.

Winston compares to Roethlisburger

Cam reminds me alot of Vick.....he's never really improved as a QB, but gets by with sheer talent.....

Thing about it, there is too much emphasis on rankings. I want wins only. I don't care about elite. If I can win a SB with TJ Yates I would be thrilled. Too many people need bragging rights and when others don't agree they get upset.

Its just opinions.

Like like like

Knight of God likes this