Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

463 posts in this topic

It's getting ridiculous... this Brunell guy and also those twats on nfl. He was in the pro bowl last year so he should be at least in the top 15.

I agree with you Cam is overrated but we cannot ignore what happened in the Georgia Dome when Cam and Carolina destroyed the Falcons and it wasn't even close. This was a division rival head to head match.

Yes, our defense was bad, but so was the offense only mounting 3 points all game.

With the playoffs on the line, Matt Ryan threw two pick sixes which just doesn't bode well for public perception.

I agree with that.

The Falcons sh!t the bed when it mattered the most in the last game.

I'd argue that Matt is better than Big Ben, Luck, Rivers, and Romo as well. Long term, I think Luck will be better, but put Matt behind the Dallas OL, and the media would anoint him the next Peyton Manning.

I 100% agree with you, but I can at least see the debate with those guys (except Romo). The guys in the 2nd tier are all obviously inferior to me which is why I limited my critique.

In the end though, who cares. Guy got a tainted ring as a backup QB for a tainted franchise. His opinion and a dollar will get you a bus ride home.

paulitik likes this

I agree with that.

The Falcons sh!t the bed when it mattered the most in the last game.

If ****ing the bed when it matters most is a rubric that Brunell used, Rivers and Romo have no business in the 1st tier.

I'm a weird guy bro. I love size, strength, mobility and other weird measurables for QB's. I'm starting to like Matt though. I LIKE Russell, Kaep, Cam, and Flacco. Not necessarily better than Matt, but I like them a lot...

Reasonable. Disagree strongly, but you like what you like...

That has become the story of the the past few years. Its going to take some time to shake that soft label we have been branded with... and to be honest we have that label for good reason.

I like to see our players who deserve it get the credit they deserve though.

What I find really interesting is Mark Burnell is the one Tony Gonzalez discussed the whole Matt Ryan elite debate that drew so much criticism from Falcons fans.

I wondered what was said privately between the two and what impact it had on Burnell's perception of Matt Ryan.

I agree that there is only one way to address it and that's by proving critics wrong and winning games.

Right now we only have a laundry list of excuses to justify why we feel Matt should be ranked higher.

If ****ing the bed when it matters most is a rubric that Brunell used, Rivers and Romo have no business in the 1st tier.

I agree with that also.

Ryan is better than many of the QBs that made Brunel's list.

Using that metric, Peyton Manning either. He chokes in the playoffs every year with stacked offenses.

I would put Matt Ryan t2 but **** this is disrespect. Putting him in the same tier as Geno Smith, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Ryan Mallet etc.

Using that metric, Peyton Manning either. He chokes in the playoffs every year with stacked offenses.

I think Matt Ryan gets dinged because when he was successful he had elite players around him like Tony Gonzalez, Micheal Turner, Roddy White and Julio Jones. Once we lost several weapons to injury etc the team began to lose.

Peyton makes average players look elite, and Romo and Rivers never played with the amount of talent we had on offense in 2012.

With that said, no way is he tier three no matter how you slice it.

Didn't realize that he had Carson Palmer and Ryan Tannehill on the list.

He might as well put Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota on the list then.

Doesn't Brunell still work for ESPN? Add Tebow also.

I think Matt Ryan gets dinged because when he was successful he had elite players around him like Tony Gonzalez, Micheal Turner, Roddy White and Julio Jones. Once we lost several weapons to injury etc the team began to lose.

Peyton makes average players look elite, and Romo and Rivers never played with the amount of talent we had on offense in 2012.

I didn't realize that Matt Ryans play had dropped, I just thought we didn't have a run game and a defense. Good to know
me4falcons likes this

You like size, Ryans okay but you love Wilson lmao

You quoted and still somehow messed up. Its okay. You are emotional right now, I get that. Here it is again just to make certain you actually read it and not RED it.

I'm a weird guy bro. I love size, strength, mobility and other weird measurables for QB's. I'm starting to like Matt though. I LIKE Russell, Kaep, Cam, and Flacco. Not necessarily better than Matt, but I like them a lot...

Don't think of myself as a homer, but I do like Ryan better than all 4 of those.....

Pretty sure Romo has some insane talent on offense.

You're telling me his elite line, future HOF Witten, Murray, Dez, T-Willy, Escobar and Cole Beasley wasn't better than our 2012 offense?

Or Rivers, Cam, Kaep, Tannehill, Palmer or Stafford..

I wouldn't take Peyton or Brees over Ryan anymore....

Rodgers

Brady

Luck

Little Ben

Romo

Ryan

I didn't realize that Matt Ryans play had dropped, I just thought we didn't have a run game and a defense. Good to know

I never said his play dropped, just stated without so many elite weapons he is not winning. Clearly the list was not comprised using by simply using competition percentage, QB rating or yards thrown.

The more likely reason is Brunell just forgot. The Falcons are always conveniently forgotten about (Top player lists, primetime games, draft coverage, pro bowls etc). We should all be pretty much used to this now.

I wouldn't take Peyton or Brees over Ryan anymore....

Rodgers

Brady

Luck

Little Ben

Romo

Ryan

Me either.

Same here. Ryan's better than both of those (probable) HOF QBs right now.

Rivers arguably played with just as much talent that Ryan did in 2012 earlier in his career.

Rivers had Vincent Jackson, Antonio Gates, LaDanian Tomlinson, Micheal Turner, Darren Sproles, and Lorenzo Neil all at the same time before they all were allowed to walk by their GM at the time AJ Smith.

Romo has had his share of weapons as well.

As for Peyton he had Marvin Harrision, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark at TE, and Edgerran James at RB at the same time. All were 1st round picks.