Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

463 posts in this topic

Sooner or later some of y'all will realize just because these guys used to play and wear suits in front of a camera now it's not evidence they know what they're talking about.

Like I said, everyone is entitled to be wrong if they choose. tongue.png

But seriously, which of the tier 2 QB's would you take over Ryan, all other things being equal? I would take Eli, Flacco and Wilson's rings, but I think Ryan would make each of their teams better were their roles reversed. Nobody else on that list excites me at all.

I'm a weird guy bro. I love size, strength, mobility and other weird measurables for QB's. I'm starting to like Matt though. I LIKE Russell, Kaep, Cam, and Flacco. Not necessarily better than Matt, but I like them a lot...

My tweet to Mr. Brunell:

Screen%20shot%202015-05-19%20at%204.34.1

Awesome. Beautiful. The guy deserves every single word of criticism he receives.... I think the dude is so sluggish, matts' name didn't even register to him until he was nearly done with his ranking and thought Oh Geesh, I better slip matt in real quick... Idiot.

Guessing he just forgot, to be fair. Stupid, as it IS his job, but yeah.

My thoughts also. I think it was an oversight on his part. There is no way he thnks Cutler, Kap, Andy or Tanehill is better that Matt.
ugalang likes this

I'm a weird guy bro. I love size, strength, mobility and other weird measurables for QB's. I'm starting to like Matt though. I LIKE Russell, Kaep, Cam, and Flacco. Not necessarily better than Matt, but I like them a lot...

You like size, Ryans okay but you love Wilson lmao

My thoughts also. I think it was an oversight on his part. There is no way he thnks Cutler, Kap, Andy or Tanehill is better that Matt.

Probably right but it does speak to how Matt Ryan has been underwhelming as of late.

He is quietly putting up decent numbers but many pundits just don't see anything special to declare he is an upper echelon QB.

There isn't a single QB on the second tier that I would take over Ryan. Brunell is wrong, but everyone is entitled to be wrong if they choose.

I'd argue that Matt is better than Big Ben, Luck, Rivers, and Romo as well. Long term, I think Luck will be better, but put Matt behind the Dallas OL, and the media would anoint him the next Peyton Manning.

Shnikies and falconidae like this

Probably right but it does speak to how Matt Ryan has been underwhelming as of late.

He is quietly putting up decent numbers but many pundits just don't see anything special to declare he is an upper echelon QB.

While many of them gush over Cam. Cam has become overrated.

He wasn't good at all last season. The Panthers defense is the heart of that team.

MattM12 likes this

That has become the story of the the past few years. Its going to take some time to shake that soft label we have been branded with... and to be honest we have that label for good reason.

I like to see our players who deserve it get the credit they deserve though.

While many of them gush over Cam. Cam has become overrated.

He wasn't good at all last season. The Panthers defense is the heart of that team.

I agree with you Cam is overrated but we cannot ignore what happened in the Georgia Dome when Cam and Carolina destroyed the Falcons and it wasn't even close. This was a division rival head to head match.

Yes, our defense was bad, but so was the offense only mounting 3 points all game.

With the playoffs on the line, Matt Ryan threw two pick sixes which just doesn't bode well for public perception.