Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

465 posts in this topic

He literally must have forgot.

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Manning, I don't get the hype about Manning be ranked low, it not even like he played bad down the stretch last year, just not excellent

5. Ryan

And then I think there is a drop off

6. Big Ben - Never was a huge fan but he has played well recently, two rings, but Id take Matt any day

7. Romo - So he plays behind the best OL in football and best RB and suddenly hes a top 5 QB, when hes been inconsistent his whole career... hmmm

8. Luck - Dude is good but gets wayyy to much media hype, I dont think his best has been as good as Ryans best in his career

9. Manning -He deserves to be here just because of the two SB wins

10. Wilson - Never wows me but moves the chains and comes up with improbable plays

Then the rest of Brunells teir two guys are all about the same with some showing flashes more than others like Rivers, Stafford, Kaepernick, Flacco

He literally must have forgot.

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Manning, I don't get the hype about Manning be ranked low, it not even like he played bad down the stretch last year, just not excellent

5. Ryan

And then I think there is a drop off

6. Big Ben - Never was a huge fan but he has played well recently, two rings, but Id take Matt any day

7. Romo - So he plays behind the best OL in football and best RB and suddenly hes a top 5 QB, when hes been inconsistent his whole career... hmmm

8. Luck - Dude is good but gets wayyy to much media hype, I dont think his best has been as good as Ryans best in his career

9. Manning -He deserves to be here just because of the two SB wins

10. Wilson - Never wows me but moves the chains and comes up with improbable plays

Then the rest of Brunells teir two guys are all about the same with some showing flashes more than others like Rivers, Stafford, Kaepernick, Flacco

Peyton was ok. Definitely not Peyton Manning level performance the last 10 games of the season including the playoffs.

10 G, 247/391 (63.2%), 2804 YDS (7.2), 18 TD, 12 INT, 87.2 QB Rating

Well, for starters, both were Falcons at some point of their career. Both were glaringly opposite players at the RB position. Dunn catered towards the fast, shifty Falcons fan and Turner catered toward the bowling ball, run you over Falcons fan. Not really a comparable situation. I'm just messing with you, but I think Rivers is the biggest baby in the league. Ryan would win that street fight.

the biggest baby in the league plays on torn ACLs??

Vandy likes this

the biggest baby in the league plays on torn ACLs??

Phillip Rivers and Matt Ryan are very similar players Rivers just expresses more emotion and fire on the field.

I would prefer to see Matt Ryan play with more fire but I didn't know that was considered being a baby.

Doesnt make him less of a whiney brat

think Peyton and Brady are babies too? they throw the same 'tantrums'

people don't like emotion on the field now?

think Peyton and Brady are babies too? they throw the same 'tantrums'

people don't like emotion on the field now?

I like 'get the **** off my field'

Not tears

Not tears

Rivers talks that type of ish in pretty much every game lol...

dude used to verbally abuse Cutler when he was in Denver

Not tears

Rivers talks that type of ish in pretty much every game lol...

dude used to verbally abuse Cutler when he was in Denver

Matt did that once...LOL!!! ONCE!!! and you guys love it so much you keep repeating it. Rivers does it ALL THE TIME and he's a crybaby...c'mon!

Vandy likes this

Matt did that once...LOL!!! ONCE!!! and you guys love it so much you keep repeating it. Rivers does it ALL THE TIME and he's a crybaby...c'mon!

Matt does it all the time. Rivers has literally shed tears on the field.

Twice in a 7 year career, one time under his breath lol. It's OK that he isn't a big shit talker but don't lie about it

There is only really two occasions where they played audio. Both times he was saying things like that. I don't think it is that far out of the realm of reality that it is the norm. lol

There is only really two occasions where they played audio. Both times he was saying things like that. I don't think it is that far out of the realm of reality that it is the norm. lol

For anyone if that's the case. Except maybe Mariota who is only thinking it.

Who cares? Some guys are more vocal than others. Maybe Ryan doesnt need theatrics to get him going but maybe some others do. I dont get why the perception of how much yelling a QB does or doesnt matter.

They all make more money than me and have a much better chance of banging european swimsuit models than I do so who cares?

Tuggle'2 and Knight of God like this

Who cares? Some guys are more vocal than others. Maybe Ryan doesnt need theatrics to get him going but maybe some others do. I dont get why the perception of how much yelling a QB does or doesnt matter.

They all make more money than me and have a much better chance of banging european swimsuit models than I do so who cares?

Oh I agree. Never understood the dislike for cool, calm, and collected.

Oh I agree. Never understood the dislike for cool, calm, and collected.

Exactly. He can be as cool as he wants to be as long as he is winning

I personally don't want to see a bunch of yelling or loss of control. I do want to see a sense of urgency and the ability to rally the offense.

I've seen too many pitiful performances in the 4th quarter to believe lack of leadership and fire are not part of the problem.

I don't think anyone actually cares. Just don't use two instances to prove he isn't. He's Matty Ice. Not Matty Intense.

Jpowers likes this

I don't think anyone actually cares. Just don't use two instances to prove he isn't. He's Matty Ice. Not Matty Intense.

Thank goodness because Matty Intense just doesn't sound have the same ring Matty Ice does.

Knight of God likes this