Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

463 posts in this topic

Everyone can have their opinions, and I am not a pro at scouting players, but watching him blow reads, make awful throws on a consistent basis, and show his own frustration on the field on a regular basis tends to make me think he isn't even average.

The niner's passing attack is anemic, and a lot of that rests on Kaep's shoulders.

Most people have ignored my posts because they already know I like Ryan okay. Just not a fan of QB craze. I think QB's are sometimes VASTLY overrated. I REALLY hate the so-called franchise QB's. More a fan of game managers. ;)

The leader part isn't opinion.

I don't think much of his leadership, but that's just me. I'm a different kind of guy. I like him, but there is a part of me looking forward to moving on.

Ryan is a marginal leader and good fantasy QB. There are at least 15 I'd take over him in a minute.

Ryan is a fantastic leader and is a top3 QB moving forward in the NFL for the next 5-7 years.

Ones severely underrating Ryan and one is overrating him Lol. Ryan as of right now is a top 8 QB in the leauge. KOG I'd like you to list what 15 QBs are better than him. Questioning your football knowledge after that because it's a laughable statement.

I don't think much of his leadership, but that's just me. I'm a different kind of guy. I like him, but there is a part of me looking forward to moving on.

Do you think Cam Newton is a good leader?

KoG went off the deep end these last couple of pages....

If Ryan is overrated on these boards (I guess one would expect that) he's sure as **** UNDERRATED nationally. And that's because he's boring. If I were picking QBs to be interesting, I'd probably pick 15 guys before Ryan. But if I were picking QBs to play the game? You can't get more than ~5 or so names deep before you start getting into style preferences.

And the "now Kaep has talent around him" excuse is bunk. Surrounding talent isn't Kaep's problem. His struggles to survey the entire field and make the appropriate decisions have been. And by and large, those things don't change much.

Tuggle'2 and vel like this

I also think it's pure fiction to pretend that any of us are in a position where we can accurately comment on any given player's leadership abilities.

I think what his teammates say about him paint a pretty accurate picture. Also any sort of clip I watch shows him being noting but competitive, positive and supportive.

I think what his teammates say about him paint a pretty accurate picture. Also any sort of clip I watch shows him being noting but competitive, positive and supportive.

Anything anyone has ever said has been selling Ryan as a plus-leader. I'm sure he is. But sitting here having read lots of articles, etc, I can't say for certain what kind of leader he is. Really, only the people within the organization can. And given that Ryan has effectively been the "captain" of the team since the day he arrived in Atlanta, I can't imagine his leadership skills are lacking.

I just think he's boring.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

There is one thing about Ryan that nobody can deny and if they do I just think they're either ignorant, a hater, or just a complete imbecile. It is that he is hands down one of the toughest players in the NFL.

There is one thing about Ryan that nobody can deny and if they do I just think they're either ignorant, a hater, or just a complete imbecile. It is that he is hands down one of the toughest players in the NFL.

Unquestionably. Probably his most underrated attribute.

He's been one of the two or three most durable QBs in the NFL for 5+ seasons now. Very few QBs take more hits and even fewer escape a similar number of hits unscathed.

Kid's tough as ****.

KoG went off the deep end these last couple of pages....

If Ryan is overrated on these boards (I guess one would expect that) he's sure as **** UNDERRATED nationally. And that's because he's boring. If I were picking QBs to be interesting, I'd probably pick 15 guys before Ryan. But if I were picking QBs to play the game? You can't get more than ~5 or so names deep before you start getting into style preferences.

And the "now Kaep has talent around him" excuse is bunk. Surrounding talent isn't Kaep's problem. His struggles to survey the entire field and make the appropriate decisions have been. And by and large, those things don't change much.

I hear you....but....somehow Kaep got it done against us at our house, while Matt and falcons stalled out at 10 yard line.........

That leadership issue is what is keeping MR from going to next level....let's all hope he gets that done.

Most people have ignored my posts because they already know I like Ryan okay. Just not a fan of QB craze. I think QB's are sometimes VASTLY overrated. I REALLY hate the so-called franchise QB's. More a fan of game managers. wink.png

I know you don't hate Ryan, but sometimes I think you may go a bit too contrarian when you are the only voice with a different pitch in a thread ;)

Unquestionably. Probably his most underrated attribute.

He's been one of the two or three most durable QBs in the NFL for 5+ seasons now. Very few QBs take more hits and even fewer escape a similar number of hits unscathed.

Kid's tough as fuck.

Yeah, pretty much about 50 times a year for the past 3 years where I thought he wasn't getting back up. Yet he always does and usually gets up and does something pretty spectacular.

Because let's be honest. Matt Ryan is HIGHLY overrated on the boards to the point, when others smack everyone all down back to earth...they cry and complain about QB's who don't even play here. That's a fact.

I dont know what up with you lately but your views on football related **** have been completely idiotic.

That tends to be glazed over by the detractors on this board. Saying is not a leader is even more asinine.

+ 1001

I hear you....but....somehow Kaep got it done against us at our house, while Matt and falcons stalled out at 10 yard line.........

That leadership issue is what is keeping MR from going to next level....let's all hope he gets that done.

His athleticism is outstanding and it forces mediocre defenses into situations that he can exploit. It happened to GB twice too. I think it's a match up thing. Because the defenses that can contain him and force him to make decisions with any sort of urgency tend to make him look not good.

As for the leadership part, I disagree.

gazoo and Tuggle'2 like this

See, I don't think he's bad. I think he's fine. He's capable of piloting a SB-winning team if he catches the breaks.

Keeping the discussion to "younger" QBs, I think EJ Manuel is bad. I think Nick Foles kind of sucks.

If I had to pick a guy I think is most overrated, it would unquestionably be Matt Stafford. He's a serviceable starter but people keep doing the "this is the year!!" thing and he keeps playing like Matt Stafford.

Cutler use to be league's most overrated QB, but last couple seasons people finally have seen who he truly is....Jeff George Jr.

His athleticism is outstanding and it forces mediocre defenses into situations that he can exploit. It happened to GB twice too. I think it's a match up thing. Because the defenses that can contain him and force him to make decisions with any sort of urgency tend to make him look not good.

Elite QBs don't let their teams go 10-22...they just don't, they refuse no matter what the adversity to let that happen. That's what I mean by leadership

1jX3UpJ.gif

Elite QBs don't let their teams go 10-22...they just don't, they refuse no matter what the adversity to let that happen. That's what I mean by leadership

emot-doh.gif

If we had Manning or Brady on our team over the course of the last 2 years I don't see us winning many more games. Anyways Ryan isn't elite but he's a top 8 QB it's as simple as that.

I like RPG's, just not MMO's...

Generally this is me too but i did have a lot of fun with the Guild Wars series. Much better than WoW which seems cartoony/for kids to me.

On PC the Baldurs Gate stuff was awesome back in the day. Supposedly a similar type of game is on the works - should be sweet with the kind of graphics and amount of data crunching PCs are capable of now.

Cutler use to be league's most overrated QB, but last couple seasons people finally have seen who he truly is....Jeff George Jr.

OUCH LMAO