Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

463 posts in this topic

So RBs aren't talented, just have natural ability? If you say them running the ball takes some type of talent, how can you discredit a QBs talent when he does it?

If he was a running back and showed "talent" at that I would certainly recognize it and give him props. As a QB though he stinks and is just strong and fast. That doesn't make a good QB, ergo talentless at it.

If he was a running back and showed "talent" at that I would certainly recognize it and give him props. As a QB though he stinks and is just strong and fast. That doesn't make a good QB, ergo talentless at it.

Thinking rushing as a QB takes no talent shows a lil bias

Thinking rushing as a QB takes no talent shows a lil bias

No, I don't think it doesn't take any talent. There are plenty of QBs who are known for their running ability that I absolutely love. Wilson is probably my favorite QB out there next to Matt. He is among many that I like who run the ball very well. Kaepernick on the other hand is just garbage in my personal opinion. He is fast and that is about it.

No, I don't think it doesn't take any talent. There are plenty of QBs who are known for their running ability that I absolutely love. Wilson is probably my favorite QB out there next to Matt. He is among many that I like who run the ball very well. Kaepernick on the other hand is just garbage in my personal opinion. He is fast and that is about it.

I get to watch all the niner's local games. Kap is a good QB in every respect except reading the defense and throwing the ball. Other than that, he's awesome.

Tuggle'2 likes this

Nah, that's just residual Niners hate, or a dislike for running QB's. Either way, I disagree and raise you a "I would take Kaep in a minute."

Nah, that's just residual Niners hate, or a dislike for running QB's. Either way, I disagree and raise you a "I would take Kaep in a minute."

Residual hate exists, for sure, but Kaepernick is not a great QB yet. He has all the potential in the world, but he doesn't scare defenses with his arm.

Tuggle'2 likes this

Residual hate exists, for sure, but Kaepernick is not a great QB yet. He has all the potential in the world, but he doesn't scare defenses with his arm.

Yeah, my dislike has nothing to do with him being a Niner. I just think he is, like I have said before, the most overrated QB I have seen in a very very long time. The fact that he is a Niner just makes it more fun to watch him suck, which he does a lot of.

He isn't great, but he's not bad like some are saying. You don't have to scare anyone with your arm, but he's scary to play against on Sundays. Now he has Reggie Bush, Mike Davis, Carlos Hyde, Boldin, Torrey Smith, Blake Bell, and Vern. I won't be underestimating him too soon. He will have to be worse than these guys pretend he is.

Yeah, my dislike has nothing to do with him being a Niner. I just think he is, like I have said before, the most overrated QB I have seen in a very very long time. The fact that he is a Niner just makes it more fun to watch him suck, which he does a lot of.

I'm sure many say the same about Ryan.

I'm sure many say the same about Ryan.

They can say whatever they want. It doesn't bother me. This is a game we're talking about. Matt Ryan is a quarterback though. Kaepernick is one by name alone.

They can say whatever they want. It doesn't bother me. This is a game we're talking about. Matt Ryan is a quarterback though. Kaepernick is one by name alone.

So, its okay when people start popping bad about Ryan right? Being a good fantasy QB doesn't make you a good one. Its makes you a good fantasy/madden character.

Because let's be honest. Matt Ryan is HIGHLY overrated on the boards to the point, when others smack everyone all down back to earth...they cry and complain about QB's who don't even play here. That's a fact.

So, its okay when people start popping bad about Ryan right? Being a good fantasy QB doesn't make you a good one. Its makes you a good fantasy/madden character.

Just because I disagree and laugh at something someone says online on a football forum doesn't mean it actually effects me. I wholeheartedly believe Matt to be in the top 10 in the league. I think that anyone that doesn't is just plain wrong. I know what we have and am ecstatic to have him. What someone says here or anywhere else about him actually effects me about as much as forgetting to put the trashcan on the street on trash day. "Damn, that was dumb". Then I go about my day.

Kaepernick isn't a good QB and is an even worse leader. I'd take Matt Ryan in a minute.

Just because I disagree and laugh at something someone says online on a football forum doesn't mean it actually effects me. I wholeheartedly believe Matt to be in the top 10 in the league. I think that anyone that doesn't is just plain wrong. I know what we have and am ecstatic to have him. What someone says here or anywhere else about him actually effects me about as much as forgetting to put the trashcan on the street on trash day. "****, that was dumb". Then I go about my day.

By the same token, many others disagree with him being top 10. I am included. Not sure where you guys get top 10. I think its Falcons colored glasses. I like the guy, but when I read most comments here I understand why so many members here have grown to hate him. He is the emperor with no clothes.

Kaepernick isn't a good QB and is an even worse leader. I'd take Matt Ryan in a minute.

Ryan is a marginal leader and good fantasy QB. There are at least 15 I'd take over him in a minute.

By the same token, many others disagree with him being top 10. I am included. Not sure where you guys get top 10. I think its Falcons colored glasses. I like the guy, but when I read most comments here I understand why so many members here have grown to hate him. He is the emperor with no clothes.

That's fine you feel that way. I think you're about as wrong as wrong can be, but that doesn't change anything regarding how I feel about you.

That's fine you feel that way. I think you're about as wrong as wrong can be, but that doesn't change anything regarding how I feel about you.

I think you are 100% wrong. Still family though...probably more than those blood relatives who are Saints fans...

Tuggle'2 likes this

Ryan is a marginal leader and good fantasy QB. There are at least 15 I'd take over him in a minute.

Ryan is a fantastic leader and is a top3 QB moving forward in the NFL for the next 5-7 years.

He isn't great, but he's not bad like some are saying. You don't have to scare anyone with your arm, but he's scary to play against on Sundays. Now he has Reggie Bush, Mike Davis, Carlos Hyde, Boldin, Torrey Smith, Blake Bell, and Vern. I won't be underestimating him too soon. He will have to be worse than these guys pretend he is.

Everyone can have their opinions, and I am not a pro at scouting players, but watching him blow reads, make awful throws on a consistent basis, and show his own frustration on the field on a regular basis tends to make me think he isn't even average.

The niner's passing attack is anemic, and a lot of that rests on Kaep's shoulders.