Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.5 underdogs

Mark Brunell's 1St And 2Nd Tier Quarterbacks

465 posts in this topic

Strongly disagree. He knows how to sit in the pocket and is incredible at extending plays, always looks to throw before running too. Incredibly accurate, good zip, cerebral, hes a stud.

I disagree. He scrambles a lot for no reason. And te only reason I brought up Ryan is because you often criticize him yet you call Russ a stud. I've said this many times and I firmly believe it: If Ryan and Russ swapped places, Ryan would be a three time SB champion.

There isn't a single QB on the second tier that I would take over Ryan. Brunell is wrong, but everyone is entitled to be wrong if they choose.

Stop lying.

Anyone on this planet that would take Andy Freaking Dalton over Ryan is outside of their mind. That means you Brunell

Vandy likes this

I'm used to Falcons players being snubbed but this has to be a mistake. Even Saints fans would put Matt Ryan in the first tier

Or at least the 2nd tier

Strongly disagree. He knows how to sit in the pocket and is incredible at extending plays, always looks to throw before running too. Incredibly accurate, good zip, cerebral, hes a stud.

Yep.

People need to realize that at a certain point, assessment of QBs is largely driven by preference rather than objective ability. The top 10-12 guys have a bit of variation of quality but most of it is a preference thing.

Have I told y'all lately that I wear socks with flipflops?

Yes, a few years ago and its disturbing. You got cold feet?

In other news, try the WoW Roll sushi appetizer at Benihanas...limited time only.

Tuggle'2 likes this

His talent maybe?

Not sure what you mean...

I think we should distinguish between "talent" and "athleticism" or "physical traits"

I think Kaepernick is an absurd athlete. But I don't know that he's that "talented."

not a bad list, if you don't take it too seriously. It is like with every other list ever made.......insignificant. Would it somehow have more meaning if Ryan was listed somewhere on the list?

Kaepernick is terribad. The most overrated player probably in my lifetime to actually get some play time. The guy is just bad.

Sadly, I ran out of free time. Havent played in 3 years or so...

I had a run tho...

;) You can buy gametime with gold now. Not a bad money saver. I play every now and then with my family.

I disagree. He scrambles a lot for no reason. And te only reason I brought up Ryan is because you often criticize him yet you call Russ a stud. I've said this many times and I firmly believe it: If Ryan and Russ swapped places, Ryan would be a three time SB champion.

The teams would be built differently, not a fair comparison. Wilson has a run game and defense, but has never had anywhere near the receiving threats. Yet his QBR his first three years was better, same with most of his stats. Ryan had an equal running threat to Wilson his first few years. Rush yardage is distorted because Wilson did so much himself. He's an objectively better QB, but I understand both sides and get why people prefer either. I'll support Ryan regardless as he is a very good QB and the west coast should help him considerably.

Mark Brunell....................LOL

guess where he'd be on that list.........oh wait, yeah he wouldn't be on there either, AND there wouldn't be a message board of people debating where he should have been, because he would never even gain consideration. Even his momma wouldn't put him on any list above tier 117........

His talent maybe?

colin90.0.0.gif

Not sure what you mean...

Kaepenick is annoying and other than being very fast for a QB, he's got nothing.

Bledsoe went to Washington State. Same school as Tru's older brother.

Kaepernick is terribad. The most overrated player probably in my lifetime to actually get some play time. The guy is just bad.

See, I don't think he's bad. I think he's fine. He's capable of piloting a SB-winning team if he catches the breaks.

Keeping the discussion to "younger" QBs, I think EJ Manuel is bad. I think Nick Foles kind of sucks.

If I had to pick a guy I think is most overrated, it would unquestionably be Matt Stafford. He's a serviceable starter but people keep doing the "this is the year!!" thing and he keeps playing like Matt Stafford.

Francis York Morgan likes this

See, I don't think he's bad. I think he's fine. He's capable of piloting a SB-winning team if he catches the breaks.

Keeping the discussion to "younger" QBs, I think EJ Manuel is bad. I think Nick Foles kind of sucks.

If I had to pick a guy I think is most overrated, it would unquestionably be Matt Stafford. He's a serviceable starter but people keep doing the "this is the year!!" thing and he keeps playing like Matt Stafford.

People get so hung up on pure arm strength when there's so much more to playing QB in the NFL. It's like the baseball people that can do nothing but talk and drool over how fast a pitcher can throw the ball. It's ridiculous.

People get so hung up on pure arm strength when there's so much more to playing QB in the NFL. It's like the baseball people that can do nothing but talk and drool over how fast a pitcher can throw the ball. It's ridiculous.

Exactly. All I see is a guy who can throw a ball far and run fast. That isn't talent that is natural ability. He is talentless, he is just physically strong and fast. Takes a whole lot more than to be strong and fast. I am not in anyway impressed by him. That isn't hating either, that is just my personal perception of the young man. I think he is better suited as a Tight End or something.

Russ often starts scrambling before he's even pressured. I wouldn't consider that a broken play.

A broken play is a play that isn't working when planned. The timing is put off. You'd have to show me the extensive plays where he didn't take a dropkick and scramble without letting the pass play develop. Pressure isn't the only way to break a play, a good jam does it, knowing the defense has the perfect defensive set for said playcall is a broken play...

EDIT: Lol @ dropkick. Meant dropback

Exactly. All I see is a guy who can throw a ball far and run fast. That isn't talent that is natural ability. He is talentless, he is just physically strong and fast. Takes a whole lot more than to be strong and fast. I am not in anyway impressed by him. That isn't hating either, that is just my personal perception of the young man. I think he is better suited as a Tight End or something.

3rd down rb/kr

Tuggle'2 likes this