Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldskooler

It Is Mind-Boggling, Frightening, And Disturbing.

309 posts in this topic

WTH is a Harvey Dahl????

Ross Tucker once said something along the lines of the one place you can easily cover up is a LG. We also have like 6 people on the roster to compete for that LG position so I think we'll be just fine.

All 6 will compete for LG because they failed to compete for their natural positions.

They weren't good enough to win an OT or C position, despite being OT's and C's. What leads you to believe they will switch to a new position and suddenly thrive?

Terrible at guard in a power scheme.

Hello zone blocking scheme.

OP doesn't strike me as someone who knows what he's talking about. So, pointing out something like this won't matter

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Terrible at guard in a power scheme.

Hello zone blocking scheme.

So you've seen Hawley play G at a high level in a ZBS? Wonderful! Please link this.

So you've seen Hawley play G at a high level in a ZBS? Wonderful! Please link this.

Have you seen him, or any other prospect fail at any level in a ZBS?

Have you seen him, or any other prospect fail at any level in a ZBS?

No. Which is why I jever said it is impossible. But it is absolutely idiotic to ASSUME success with Matt Ryan's pocket and health on the line.

I agree probably few in the Draft could have came in and started right away on the OL which is one of the hardest positions for Rookie's to excel without having some growing pains+(getting MR smashed)- I also agree this Draft was such a big step forward and there was a big desire to upgrade the defense and try and replace HD and SJ at RB. But IMHO, TD has always went getting cheap OL replacements wishing and hoping they turn out okay which they rarely do. I to hope if there is anyone around by July cuts that the FO goes against history and don't just settle for mediocre and get a few quality players This team can surprise barring significant injury and get to the final 4, I really hope that.

OTA's, mini camp, training camp, have yet to even start..... Better hit the panic button!

Is there some magical double-secret draft loaded with G prospects? Or are you planning on scraping the bottom of the barrel for more failures who couldn't win a job, just ones who failed for other teams?

The fact that other teams' castoffs might actually be upgrades and immediate starters is depressing in its own right.

Is there some magical double-secret draft loaded with G prospects? Or are you planning on scraping the bottom of the barrel for more failures who couldn't win a job, just ones who failed for other teams?

The fact that other teams' castoffs might actually be upgrades and immediate starters is depressing in its own right.

I'm planning on seeing what a "brand new" coaching staff is going to be doing with "brand new" schemes and philosophies using current and new pieces we have added. But I digress....

Carry on with your sky is falling thread good sir!

I'm planning on seeing what a "brand new" coaching staff is going to doing with "brand new" schemes and philosophies using current and new pieces we have added. But I digress....

Carry on with your sky is falling thread good sir!

The current pieces that are LG prospects have proven to be inadequate at their natural positions. What makes you think that switching to a new and unfamiliar position in a new and unfamiliar system will achieve superior results?

You can describe your "perceived" holes all you want. Quinn and Shanahan know our needs better than you and they didn't address the position. With the amount of good players that we did find, how can you justify complaining to this degree about the few positions we didn't fill to you satisfaction?

Pass Rusher? Check

LBer Depth? Check

DB Depth? Check

RB Depth? Check

WR Depth? Check

OL Depth? Check

Why the complaints because we didn't draft or sign an OBVIOUS guy in your opinion are justified is beyond me.

It is beyond early to even panic in any shape or form, we are implementing new schemes on both the offense and defense side of the field, a new blocking scheme(which guys like Konz excel at,Baker is prob better suited for G in a ZBS as well,Holmes,Shreader)

Now I also see a lot of TD blame, where correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt it Pioli who was in charge of running the draft? And Quinn having finally say in the 53 man roster(Where still at 90man rosters btw)

You can describe your "perceived" holes all you want. Quinn and Shanahan know our needs better than you and they didn't address the position. With the amount of good players that we did find, how can you justify complaining to this degree about the few positions we didn't fill to you satisfaction?

First, LG is not a "perceived" need. We don't have a single player who has played LG, or any other position, at a high level. The closest is Baker. And that pretty much proves my point.

Second, the other holes did not directly impact Matt Ryan's health. The LG position can get Matt Ryan sacked and injured.

Matt Ryan is the franchise. Protecting him should always be priority #1. His protection should never rely on "hey, one of these guys will probably work out ok".

First, LG is not a "perceived" need. We don't have a single player who has played LG, or any other position, at a high level. The closest is Baker. And that pretty much proves my point.

Second, the other holes did not directly impact Matt Ryan's health. The LG position can get Matt Ryan sacked and injured.

Matt Ryan is the franchise. Protecting him should always be priority #1. His protection should never rely on "hey, one of these guys will probably work out ok".

You typing doesn't prove anything. If you don't get that then you are missing the point. You don't know as much as you are leading on. No fan can. You are talking beyond your station. The "Holes" you speak of are your opinion. Period. You can hoot, holler and type whatever Mularkey you want.

Won't change the fact you know no more than any other poster on here. The true test will start when the players hit the field. You can predict all you want, but your comments that speak of something indefinite as if it is definite will forever be baseless until proven otherwise.

So, it's just impossible that the FO knows more than you do? That they just let the open guard spot go unattended because they're basically idiots?

It is beyond early to even panic in any shape or form, we are implementing new schemes on both the offense and defense side of the field, a new blocking scheme(which guys like Konz excel at,Baker is prob better suited for G in a ZBS as well,Holmes,Shreader)

Now I also see a lot of TD blame, where correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt it Pioli who was in charge of running the draft? And Quinn having finally say in the 53 man roster(Where still at 90man rosters btw)

Konz excelled in college; in the NFL he has proven to be inadequate. Let me reiterate: 18 bench reps!

Pioli was in charge of scouting and pre-draft, but I understood TD to still be in charge of the draft itself. The coaches have clear input, but the ultimate call, and the ultimate responsibility, lies with the GM. With TD.

So, it's just impossible that the FO knows more than you do? That they just let the open guard spot go unattended because they're basically idiots?

TD has made idiotic decisions in the past. It is certainly not impossible this is another.

OS, I trust the coaches and talent evaluators know what they have more than any of us outsiders. Many players will be cut between now and the season. It is entirely possible the LG is already in the team, but if he is not, there will be dozens of transactions before the roster is set.

Relax and enjoy the Spring my friend.

TD has made idiotic decisions in the past. It is certainly not impossible this is another.

So, you're answer is yes, they're all idiots and you know better than they do?

1) why do you guys in the Sunshine Happypants squad keep mentioning Quinn? He isn't the GM: hes a first-time head coach. Does he give some input to TD? Certainly. But it is TD that ran the draft. Stop defending Quinn. He isn't being attacked.

2) Quinn is a defensive guy. He has no experience with offensive coaching. If you had said Shanahan saw something, you would still be wrong, but in the ballpark. At the time of the draft, there had been precious little work done by any of the players, and many of the so-called "candidates" for LG were still injured.

So no. Neither Quinn nor Shanahan saw something they liked, nor had an opportunity to do so.

because maybe he is the one evaluating the talent, unlike some message board wanna be gm?