Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldskooler

It Is Mind-Boggling, Frightening, And Disturbing.

309 posts in this topic

My last reply to you.

So what if I break things down and number them? That makes long posts much easier to read than a massive, disorganized wall o' text.

I have nothing against Prince Shembo. I certainly don't hate him.

I haven't trolled anyone, called people names, or harassed them. I haven't derailed anyone's threads. I try to keep the majority of my posts focused on football.

Why are you even doing this? I've never done or said a thing that I know of against you. I just want to talk about Falcons football. Not about me. Not about you.

Even if I were this Rob, why do you think you have free license to troll and harass me? Shouldn't you tell a mod your suspicions and let them handle it? Are you some sort of board police?

I'm asking you to please knock it off. All I want to do is talk Falcons football. I don't want to engage in some silly flame war. If my posts bother you, then just don't read them.

So, you've been reduced to groveling to be left alone. I almost pity you. Then I recall how we got to this point.

It began with one of the most inflammatory click-bait thread titles in board history. Unfortunately, I had to read it to know that I didn't like it, and I didn't exactly have a choice with that. So, that renders your "don't like, don't read" suggestion effectively moot.

You then went on to construct a particularly ludicrous false dilemma: Either a team's FO addresses a position weakness with a player not currently on the roster, or that FO is negligently ignoring the problem. Those who refused to accept your logical fallacy and suggested other, more viable scenarios were met with "pithy quips" like "Fail harder," and were collectively dismissed as the "Sunshine Happypants squad." I won't even get into the years of unabashed douchery you have subjected this forum to under other usernames.

So, now that you've been exposed and find yourself on the wrong end of a verbal curb stomp, you suddenly want to "just talk football." Now, why does that sound so familiar?

Sorry, if you want to stop being picked on by me, it looks like you'll just have to wait until you get banned again. Luckily for you, that probably won't be too long from now. Keep your chin up, chunky.

Er, sorry - I meant to say "chins," of course.

WOW! 16 pages! Interweb mystery sleuths out in force. Sad thing is that many of the attitudes shown in this thread are as bad and worse than they claim the OP is.

Asamoah to LG really makes sense.. our last coaching staff would never make the move, curious to see if this one gives it a look

I suppose the magic of this is to protect Matt Ryan's blind side?

We would still have to decide who is to play the other guard.

-Starts a click bait thread trying to bait posters into getting upset, and leading to 16 pages.

-Makes posts in this thread as well as others clearly attempting a conflict with other posts.

-After people retaliate, files multiple reports saying he's being persecuted and people are making fun of him, and that something must be done.

-In the process, this said poster has made multiple posts towards FFS1970 that are equally degrading and/or disrespectful.

-Oh yeah, and he's not Rob, he promises! :lol:

Last night, I spent about an hour analyzing Rob's old posts and Oldskooler's. There's no doubt in my my mind they are obviously the same person. Of course Oldskooler's IP's don't match, because the majority of his old accounts have been deleted. It really doesn't matter to me, but for what it's worth, I think it's the same guy. It's not just the posting styles, obsession with offensive lineman, and pouting, but the punctuation (correct and incorrect) is spot-on the same. When he posted the "/purple" remark, I knew it was him.

But like I said, who cares? Rob has a habit of coming by every few months, causing a storm, and then leaving/getting banned for finally letting his emotions get in the way. This time will be no different if I had to guess.

MAFIA'D

A Dog Named Brian likes this

-Starts a click bait thread trying to bait posters into getting upset, and leading to 16 pages.

-Makes posts in this thread as well as others clearly attempting a conflict with other posts.

-After people retaliate, files multiple reports saying he's being persecuted and people are making fun of him, and that something must be done.

-In the process, this said poster has made multiple posts towards FFS1970 that are equally degrading and/or disrespectful.

-Oh yeah, and he's not Rob, he promises! :lol:

Last night, I spent about an hour analyzing Rob's old posts and Oldskooler's. There's no doubt in my my mind they are obviously the same person. Of course Oldskooler's IP's don't match, because the majority of his old accounts have been deleted. It really doesn't matter to me, but for what it's worth, I think it's the same guy. It's not just the posting styles, obsession with offensive lineman, and pouting, but the punctuation (correct and incorrect) is spot-on the same. When he posted the "/purple" remark, I knew it was him.

But like I said, who cares? Rob has a habit of coming by every few months, causing a storm, and then leaving/getting banned for finally letting his emotions get in the way. This time will be no different if I had to guess.

Wow. Just wow.

Where to start? Let's start with the fact that I am not this Rob that you and cooper seem to hate.

What is the point of a "click bait thread"? Do people get paid for the number of replies? If so, where is my check?

This thread isn't designed to make people upset. It is to express MY being upset at the state of the o-line. I actually thought most people would agree with wanting Matt Ryan protected.

As for "an obsession with offensive linemen", this is ky first real posting about it. I was perfectly fine with waiting until after the June cuts. Someone said any help would have to be in camp early. I asked why, when other positions don't have to be in camp early to contribute. He explained about the complexity of the ZBS and the insufficient time to learn both the system and how to work with the other guys on the line. That made perfect sense, and it was something I hadn't thought of, and didn't know how different our system is from most.

Conflicts with others? Isn't that the point of a message board? I try to keep conflicts focused on football. Not always, but mostly. And nothing like what's going on here against me.

After being trolled, openly and admittedly, isn't reporting it exactly what I am supposed to do? Or are you encouraging a flame war and back and forth insults?

Punctuation? Really? You're encouraging, or at the very least allowing, a poster to harass, insult me, troll me, because someone else punctuated similarly to me?

Even if I was this Rob, does that mean cooper and other posters have a green light to flagrantly violate the CoC?

I am not here to trade personal insults or trolling one-upmanship. All I came here for was to talk football. Heated football discussions are great. As Falcons fans, the team and its success are important to all of us.

WOW! 16 pages! Interweb mystery sleuths out in force. Sad thing is that many of the attitudes shown in this thread are as bad and worse than they claim the OP is.

Right? Trolls and their multiple alt accounts are people too, ya'll!

*sniffle*

The part that infuriates me the most is that he insists this wasn't a troll/click bait thread. The fact that I didn't delete it (or at the very least edit the title) to begin with was a mistake on my part.

When I woke up and saw the thread title, I literally said "crap, was somebody murdered?" out loud. When I opened the thread and realized it had to do with us not getting a left guard, I couldn't stop shaking my head. It's a textbook hook, line, and sinker that screams "look at me!"

Maybe I've been a little too lax on the Oldskooler roast, but the guy has absolutely asked for it. When the 8 year old kid at Wal-Mart is screaming on the top of his lungs because he didn't get a toy, don't expect the manager to retaliate when people tell him to shut up.

Is that what this is all about? The thread title? Seriously? No, I didn't intend to make people think someone died or anything. The thought of losing Ryan due to an injury behind a line with a hole at one position is genuinely frightening (in regards to football).

Change the title if you want. Not that it matters, but I won't care if that is what people are upset about.

But really, asking for a solid and experienced LG, or a talented rookie, to protect Matt's pocket and possible health, is hardly comparable to a child wanting a toy.

Mono, I agree I got salty with FFS1970 after being continuously called a "clueless mofo" and watching every thread, no matter the subject, become a Gurley thread. I wanted Dupree as much as he wanted Gurley, but we went with Beasley instead. I didn't whine and pine away for a player on another team. I immediately got behind Beasley.

Was I too strident in my initial post? You think so, I do not think so. I just had it pointed out to me that any late help would be too late to get up to speed to help us. That means that the situation is likely going to rely solely on one of the guys in-house, and none of them has played G well, or not at all.

I would be perfectly happy to turn the page and move on. But know this: I did not intend to upset anyone. I really wnd truly believed most would already be upset. If anyone really got upset over the thread title, I genuinely apologize.

The thread title was what pissed me off. I just thought it was unnecessary, and screamed for attention. I agree that offensive guard is an issue, but to use words such as "frightening", "mind-boggling", and "disturbing" is a bit much. I honestly felt like I was opening up a Michael Vick dog fighting thread. But in all reality, was that not your point? For people's curiosity to peak and click on it? By definition, that's what a click bait thread is. Whether it was intended or not is irrelevant, as that's absolutely what it became.

Like I said, you being Rob or you not being Rob is absolutely moot. Your Oldskooler now, and that's fine by me. My advice would be to put cooperbh on ignore and move on. You haven't broken any immediate COC rules, and I don't feel the need to go around in circles on this topic. Your point has been made, as has everybody else's.

Fair enough. How do you put someone on ignore? I can't find an ignore button.

Click on your name in the top right and go to "manage ignore prefs". From there, it's pretty easy.

Ahhh! I was looking for an "ignore this poster" button on his profile or posts.

TD failed to acquire a viable LG in either free agency or the draft. Apparently adding superfluous depth to the CB position via a guy with 10 starts and 4 benchings due to marijuana was more important than Matt Ryan's health.

The plan seems to be to take either an OT that failed to play adequately in his natural position, or a C who failed to win a starting job at his natural position, and expect them to change positions and suddenly shine.

Who could POSSIBLY think this was a good plan?

LG is not some consolation prize for whoever fails at their natural position the least. Any LG candidate currently on the roster is someone who failed to win a job at their natural position, and they are going to be the only thing standing between Matt Ryan and a league full of large, angry, violent defensive tackles and linebackers.

I just cannot believe that our only plan for LG is someone who fails the least at another position.

d748d4018cb471d357409c9306477a336645cce5

Naw fam, it's not about the thread title. It's about you being a completely over-the-top, attention-seeking pain in the butt that unfortunately might have to be forcefully booted. But you can blame it on thread title if it makes you feel better.

I personally watched this crap thread grow to 16 pages while you complained and belly-ached over not drafting an obvious LG candidate. Ignoring so many posts that call for sanity, you stuck to a fear-mongering, blindly reactionary stance that is so obviously premature that it's like a lady scheduling a day to deliver a baby the day after she gets impregnated.

Give them time to evaluate their team's needs 1st hand AT LEAST before you speculate as to what the holes may be. That's only common sense. What is it that you're using?

xskyx likes this

Fear mongering? Blind reactionary? And you're saying that I was over the top?

OK, let's look at where we are. Do you agree that we do not have qnyone the roster who has proven they can play LG (or RG if they flip Asamough) adequately?

Do you agree that all of the potential candidates are natural OT or C that would require a position change?

I do agree that it is possible one of them will work out just fine, and everything clicks. That is possible, qnd it is what I obviously hope for.

But it is also possible that none of them can make the transition in a new and complex scheme, while learning a new position as well.

If none of them can man the position and play at an acceptable level, what then? A June cut will have missed a lot of time needed to learn the system and his linemates.

Wouldn't a proven vet with a little gas left in the tank or a talented rookie as a backup plan made sense?

OK, let's look at where we are. Do you agree that we do not have qnyone the roster who has proven they can play LG (or RG if they flip Asamough) adequately?

Do you agree that all of the potential candidates are natural OT or C that would require a position change?

NO - Again, who do you believe yourself to be that you can tell what players fit a brand new scheme and plays you've never seen before you even see them on the field for the 1st time. Several of these potential candidates have played OG in their career, you just conveniently ignore it. Let's give it a chance, the candidate might already on the roster ala Ryan Schaeder.

I do agree that it is possible one of them will work out just fine, and everything clicks. That is possible, qnd it is what I obviously hope for.

But it is also possible that none of them can make the transition in a new and complex scheme, while learning a new position as well.

If none of them can man the position and play at an acceptable level, what then? A June cut will have missed a lot of time needed to learn the system and his linemates.

If that happens, won't we have to cross that bridge anyway? Why stress about something that might not be an issue now or in the future ? I'm cool with concerned, but not mind boggled or frightened or disturbed. Those imply FAR greater issues than what we have. We just have uncertainty, not what you're describing.

Wouldn't a proven vet with a little gas left in the tank or a talented rookie as a backup plan made sense?

Yes. I was hoping for Barksdale. But I have to trust in our coaches until they prove I shouldn't. And given that Shanahan is a Offensive guru, I tend to lean on his understanding.

My responses in bold

This thread is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with this message board. From the person with one post all the way up to the "administration".

Smh at what an embarrassment TATF has become...

The only problem with Asa to LG is then we have both of our weak links on the right side. Jake is our better OT and Asa is our better OG, it might make sense to keep them on separate sides so they can make up for the guy next to them a bit.

Or we could dominate the left side like Seattle did back in 07

Or we could dominate the left side like Seattle did back in 07

Yeah, I guess it depends on preference more than anything. Having Holmes/Schraeder and Person/whoever on the same side screams opportunity to get abused to me though. Overload that side with rushers and we'll get screwed.

We don't know that dude. That's the thing everyone here is saying. We don't know who on the roster might develop into a decent option at LG under this blocking scheme and coaching staff. It doesn't matter what they're "natural" position is, whatever the heIl that is suppose to mean. We just have to sit back and wait and see what happens.

Declaring that you know for a fact we don't have a viable option for LG when we simply don't know if we do or not is simply bitching for the sake of bitching. There's no need for getting bent all out of shape when people call you out on it or point out the obvious when you refuse to acknowledge this point.

We get it, your opinion is that we don't have a viable option at LG. You've stated it more than enough times and not just in this thread, now kill this thread already.

My responses in bold

Ok, you and 567 seem to be laboring under the same misconception. I am not saying no one can step up and man the open G position. I specifically said that it is entirely possible that one of them does just that.

But it is also possible that none of them do. In that case, we have no safety net. No "In Case Of Emergency Break Glass" cagey old vet or promising and talented rookie as an alternative. Our only option will be a June cut, and hope he can learn the system and his teammates in time.

And I agree with what you said about uncertainty. That is exactly the point of the thread title that got people so riled up. I do find it mind-boggling that there is so much uncertainty with Matt Ryan's pocket protection, and I am frightened of what a season without Matt Ryan would be like.

But I do thank you for actually discussing football.

I'm just happy to finally hear you explaining why you like/don't like things. Very informative. Much better than "I don't like _________. Don't wanna talk about it."

cracked him like a nut! Lol maybe I should thank you. I really do think these boards have gotten better lately. Good posters can actually leave an impression when trolls aren't running rampant.

The only thing better than the offseason overreaction threads are the "this place sucks now" responses like this.

The door is that way. I would say I'll miss you, but I have no clue who you are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: I just looked on my desktop. You're the guy with the obnoxious Ronald Reagan signature on a football message board. I'll pack your bags as we speak.

I'd like this if I could