I Apologize

LookAboutFalcon

Guest Homer the Brave

Boar broke it up. Hit the first pitch fastball a little up in the zone. He was starting to struggle with nerves a little to start the inning. I kinda saw it coming.

Don't beat yourself up over it. No such thing as a jinx. I hadn't seen the game either. I was driving, listening to Powell and Sutton talking about the no hitter the whole game, unlike the TV guys who won't mention it.

I got home in time to see the end of the eighth, watched the whole 9th and then it went away.

Guest Homer the Brave

Speaking of listening to the radio, I really miss the days when we had the four announcer team that switched from radio to TV in the middle of the 5th inning. You got fresh voices who were able to give a different spin on how the game was going.

I'm never superstitious about *anything* yet I didn't even say anything to my wife, who was sitting right beside me. She wondered why I was so dialed up about a one-strike pitch in the 9th inning of a 6-0 game. Then, she figured it out and got real still for a couple of minutes. As a Cards fan, Shelby was hers before he was mine.

You never speak to about or concerning the no-no. It will always get jinxed. Most likely because it is just incredibly hard to do but we believe what we believe.

It always gets jinxed, except for all those times someone actually pitched a no-hitter.

You never speak to about or concerning the no-no. It will always get jinxed. Most likely because it is just incredibly hard to do but we believe what we believe.

Again, no one here was speaking about it, counting down outs is not speaking about it. I don't know if you've noticed but we count outs here all the time.

Trust me Buster Olney, Sportscenter, Jeff Shutltz, AJC etc etc etc all did their part of Twitter to make sure no hitter was thoroughly jinxed. (Besides Olney) you can always tell baseball writers from other writers by what words they actually say during a no no.

Again, no one here was speaking about it, counting down outs is not speaking about it. I don't know if you've noticed but we count outs here all the time.

1. Read the other thread where I said I was kidding around

2. Lighten up mculty or what ever he is has you on edge.

3. For baseball guys you don't even count you don't breathe you don't think about it just saying

4 announcers are the dumbest people on earth as they always talk about it.

5 k26 yes the actual no no doesn't get jinxed because you know some talked about it, the jinx isn't real but players do believe.