Who Benefits The Most?

Nino11

I like the hiring of Quinn the more time goes on. I was on the Rex Ryan train heavy but Im satisfied that we waited for Quinn. From his press conferences to the things we are hearing to the homerun (on paper) draft its looking like we got our guy for the future . The whole team should improve. For me a couple players stand to benefit a bit more then the rest.

Matt Ryan- With Quinn bringing in Shannahan and the proven effective ZBS our run game should improve leaps and bounds although letting go of Steven Jax is probably addiction by subtraction at this point of his career. Ryan has came into his own but that didn't really coincide with us having a solid run game. Ryan is one of the best play action QBs in the game and combine that with the WCO elements of the new scheme which I think best suits Ryan's skillset of anticipation and quick release and I think he is primed for a big year.

Freemen/Colemen - I was a big fan of Free last year and about half way through the season I started thinking it wouldnt hurt to throw him in the starting lineup to see what he had. His quickness and willingness to finish runs combined with an NFL offseason should result in a jump in year 2. Plus in ZBS the main thing you really need is vision and burst to get through the hole. Colemen's measurables seem llan ideal fit for the ZBS but one of the knocks on him coming out was that he lacked patience. We will see if that is true or not. Either way he could feast in our new scheme.

Hawley- I liked Hawley last year. I thought he was garbage after 2013 and the failed experiment at guard but he really came into his own last year to me. Sad to see him go down when he seemed to finally pull it all together but I think he comes back in a big way this year thanks to ZBS. Hawley is pretty athletic for a linemen but not a road grader type which is why he fits what we are trying to do to the tee.

Goodman/Maponga- Both Goodman and Maponga should improve just from having a solid scheme to learn instead of the hybrid one we learned. That has got to be **** tryna learn so much as a young player in the NFL which is why we probably didn't see too much of them. Goodman has those long arms that help a lot of the top pass rushers out and from what I seen Maponga looks like a pretty good speed rusher with a nasty nasty spin move. Out of the two I like Maponga to break out the most.

LBers- call me crazy but I think a couple pieces at linebacker aren't as bad as they looked. Worrilow isn't really a thumper, more of a drag down tackler. He still gets a lot of stops though and is well regarded in NFL circles. I was honestly high on Bartu coming out of college as I got caught up in the highlight tape hype. He looked like a pure beast going up against inferior competition but I thought he would translate that to the big league's. He still is pretty athletic and I can see him as a Malcolm Smith in Quinn's scheme if he does the same things as Seattle. Shembo looked like he had potential as well but Mike Smith but rookies on a very short lease ubless they were high picks. He could make some noise too.

Alford- The guy I think is the biggest beneficiary of the new staff. If they can get Rocky's technique polished up we could have a bonafied dynamic duo at CB with him and Tru. Alford talent has never been the problem to me. He gambles a lot but I think you need that outta players sometimes. Big plays are usually made by gambles. Watch out for Alford to show out in a big way this year.

Southward- Quinn has been raving about him since he got here. His measureables are impressive. His ball skills leave a little to be desires. Hopefully having a year under his belt slows the game down for him cause he is a prototype safety with the speed to have range and can be a thumper.

Ish/Willie Mo- Should he stay healthy Willie Mo would florist in the Kam Chancellor roll. He was pretty athletic for his size coming out of Missouri. Hopefully his body hasn't taken enough of a beating to make him slow down too much. Ish is literally like Willie Mo lite to me. Coverage skills aren't the best but I think he will be adequate. Can lay the wood and has a nose for the ball as well

Edited by Nino11

Nicely written,

Would just like to state,u prob mean Malcolm Smith(Brown is a DT drafted by NE)

Their is no such thing as a kam chancellor role, he plays the role any in box safety plays while in a cover 1/cover 3 scheme.

I do think Moore will be more successful in a similar role,he gives Quinn someone with better coverage skills than bam bam tho,will be interesting to see how he does in this role.

Nicely written,

Would just like to state,u prob mean Malcolm Smith(Brown is a DT drafted by NE)

Their is no such thing as a kam chancellor role, he plays the role any in box safety plays while in a cover 1/cover 3 scheme.

I do think Moore will be more successful in a similar role,he gives Quinn someone with better coverage skills than bam bam tho,will be interesting to see how he does in this role.

Thanks....didnt proof read it and spell check is **** sometimes. By Kam Chancellor type I meant a safety in his mode which is as you pointed out a highly athletic in the box safety. Before it's said and done I think he rewrites the prototype of what the SS is and what the league looks for though

Konz has landed in the ideal position to save his career.

Yea I overlooked Konz. He looked worse then Hawley in 2013 but he may be even more athletic. If he turns it up there is our LG. I just got nightmares about him at guard

I honestly believe Antone gets a huge role in our offense this year. Especially as a threat on dump offs

Hard to deny Tone's numbers. It's gone be interesting to see either way. Hopefully he comes back to full health

Thanks....didnt proof read it and spell check is **** sometimes. By Kam Chancellor type I meant a safety in his mode which is as you pointed out a highly athletic in the box safety. Before it's said and done I think he rewrites the prototype of what the SS is and what the league looks for though

The thing is Moore played in that Rover role and excelled his senior year in college, basically what Kam is doing now.

Konz is trash and Tone can only have so many carries behind Coleman and Free

Freeman is almost worthless. Can't block or cat h, just meh as a runner. He is nothing more than a lukewarm body that occupies a roster spot. Antone Smith is equally horrid a blocker, but is absolutely GONE if he gets a crease.

Freeman is almost worthless. Can't block or cat h, just meh as a runner. He is nothing more than a lukewarm body that occupies a roster spot. Antone Smith is equally horrid a blocker, but is absolutely GONE if he gets a crease.

What makes you think he can't catch? I remember him making a **** of a catch on a wheel route and scoring on a catch

Looks like someone it's talking out the side of his neck..

Freeman is forming into a beast but when you how Steven Jackson and Jaquizz Rodgers to share the load with plus Antone Smith and a offensive coordinator that can't call up a run play to save his life with a depleted offensive line...who would had survive? Him and Coleman will be a dynamic duo.our running game will flourish this season just check Shannahan's resume. Also check Morgan's resume too.

I think (hope) the defense as a whole will benefit from having him. From what we've seen so far he's a hands on type coach and is bringing in ideas that should improve almost every phase of the defense. For fans of defense it should be a good time.

Looks like someone it's talking out the side of his neck..

Freeman is forming into a beast but when you how Steven Jackson and Jaquizz Rodgers to share the load with plus Antone Smith and a offensive coordinator that can't call up a run play to save his life with a depleted offensive line...who would had survive? Him and Coleman will be a dynamic duo.our running game will flourish this season just check Shannahan's resume. Also check Morgan's resume too.

None of that gator-flappin' changes the fact that Freeman is a pathetic blocker, a minimal threat as a receiver, and just an average runner.

I think (hope) the defense as a whole will benefit from having him. From what we've seen so far he's a hands on type coach and is bringing in ideas that should improve almost every phase of the defense. For fans of defense it should be a good time.

Yeah that was my hope with Rex Ryan. Be was proven to field a good defense year in and out. Hopefully Quinn can do that here and we have our new coach for a good while