Dirk Koetter

jb 3.0

Koetter might be the best OC for Winston starting out. His short to intermediate passing game should help JW to minimize mistakes and get him comfortable with getting the ball out of his hands quickly, process information fast.

Ryan was already good at that before Koetter, but i think he became even better while Koetter was there.

Koetter might be the best OC for Winston starting out. His short to intermediate passing game should help JW to minimize mistakes and get him comfortable with getting the ball out of his hands quickly, process information fast.

Ryan was already good at that before Koetter, but i think he became even better while Koetter was there.

I can agree with this...

I think he will frustrate the fans a bit though...

His stats proved it, yet all I hear here is how terrible Koetter was. Of course that was after the Bucs signed him as their OC.wink.png

I can agree with this...

I think he will frustrate the fans a bit though...

I agree, gameplans and strategies may be what the fans won't be able to handle.

He will have to adapt to in game situations better than he did with the Falcons, I'm sure that was Hella frustrating when he was there.

I agree, gameplans and strategies may be what the fans won't be able to handle.

He will have to adapt to in game situations better than he did with the Falcons, I'm sure that was Hella frustrating when he was there.

I believe it was partially because of Mike Smith.

But I also think Koetter doubts himself and his players sometimes.

I believe it was partially because of Mike Smith.

But I also think Koetter doubts himself and his players sometimes.

Yeah, i can see that. He should've trusted Ryan to put that offense on his back and let him dominate games. Every time he ran the no huddle the team stayed on the move.

Then why did Ryan get better when Koetter showed up? Please don't say he was better despite Koetter......rolleyes.gif

Might it have something to do with Ryan entering his Prime years as a QB?

It couldn't possibly have A LOT to do with that could it?

Yeah, i can see that. He should've trusted Ryan to put that offense on his back and let him dominate games. Every time he ran the no huddle the team stayed on the move.

That bugged me more than anything. I understand you can't always use the no huddle, but when it's working better than anything else, it should be utilized WAY more then anything else...

...it rarely to never was.

That bugged me more than anything. I understand you can't always use the no huddle, but when it's working better than anything else, it should be utilized WAY more then anything else...

...it rarely to never was.

I agree, but Koetter had to see how effective that approach was especially with the weapons he had at his disposal. Honestly Tree, I'd turned that offense into the Bills of the early 90s. Scores would have stayed in the 40s

I agree, but Koetter had to see how effective that approach was especially with the weapons he had at his disposal. Honestly Tree, I'd turned that offense into the Bills of the early 90s. Scores would have stayed in the 40s

Yep. Hopefully Shanahan likes big numbers...

Then why did Ryan get better when Koetter showed up? Please don't say he was better despite Koetter......rolleyes.gif

lol the diffrence between 2011 and 2012 is not significant enough to give dirk credit.

if you think so, you're probably not looking forward to the run game which went to **** and dirk made no effort to change

Not sure why, but it really does seem like he didn't trust Ryan with the hurry up offense. Whenever they ran it, they were close to unstoppable. That I can see how it would drive fans crazy. But does than mean he doesn't know what he's doing?

Not sure why, but it really does seem like he didn't trust Ryan with the hurry up offense. Whenever they ran it, they were close to unstoppable. That I can see how it would drive fans crazy. But does than mean he doesn't know what he's doing?

No, not at all. I just think it's like Tree said it seemed like he doubted his players at times. Koetter is a good OC, just frustrating at times and I'm sure you even saw some of that when he was coaching them. Now some of that could fall on Smith too, but it looked like when the running game would falter he would panic a little.

No, not at all. I just think it's like Tree said it seemed like he doubted his players at times. Koetter is a good OC, just frustrating at times and I'm sure you even saw some of that when he was coaching them. Now some of that could fall on Smith too, but it looked like when the running game would falter he would panic a little.

Exactly...

Then we would get a lot of the same few screens.

Maybe Smith didn't want to rely on his defense if the no huddle didn't work. Not much clock gets burned if they go 3 and out.

Maybe they didn't think the oline could withstand the pace and they didn't want Ryan getting abused.

Maybe Koetter wanted more control and didn't want to give Ryan that much say so.

Maybe Smith didn't want to rely on his defense if the no huddle didn't work. Not much clock gets burned if they go 3 and out.

Maybe they didn't think the oline could withstand the pace and they didn't want Ryan getting abused.

Maybe Koetter wanted more control and didn't want to give Ryan that much say so.

Maybe the first part would be true if the no huddle weren't highly effective, it almost always was...

Maybe this part is dumb because of the fact that the OLine and Ryan were already getting abused. What's the difference?

Maybe Koetter has some short comings he needs to work on...