Dline Now A Strength In Dallas?

Rave

He said CJ is tier 1 and everyone else is tier 2.

Statistically Dez has outperformed CJ the last 3 years. CJ playing great against the Cowboys #4 worst defense in the history of the NFL in 2013 doesn't change that.

CJ (missing 5 games): 277 receptions, 4533 yards, 16.4 AVG, 25 TDs, 4 Fumbles (4 lost)

DB (missing 0 games): 273 receptions, 3925 yards, 14.4 AVG, 41 TDs, 5 fumbles (2 lost)

"statistically outperformed" meaning scored more TDs, then so yeah he did.

You make it sound like "tier 2" is an insult. I say Aaron Rodgers is tier 1 and everyone else is tier 2 (brady, manning, luck, roethlisberger, brees, etc). That isn't an insult, that just says that he is the clear cut #1 QB in the league bar none.

If you want to even compare "stats"...let me show you something so your homerism is shot on the way out:

Antonio Brown (missing 3 games): 304 receptions, 3984 yards, 13.1 AVG, 26 TDs, 3 fumbles (2 lost)

AJ Green (missing 3 games): 264 receptions, 3817 yards, 14.5 AVG, 28 TDs, 5 fumbles (3 lost)

Julio Jones (missing 12 games): 224 receptions, 3371 yards, 15.0 AVG, 18 TDs, 4 fumbles (2 lost)

Jordy Nelson (missing 4 games): 232 receptions, 3578 yards, 15.4 AVG, 28 TDs, 0 fumbles (0 lost)

Edited by nola90

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He said CJ is tier 1 and everyone else is tier 2.

Statistically Dez has outperformed CJ the last 3 years. CJ playing great against the Cowboys #4 worst defense in the history of the NFL in 2013 doesn't change that.

It's not hard to see that CJ is still the best in the game. I don't think that's a slight to anyone else.

If he is in tier 1, then we can easily say he should be the only one in that tier.

TJ Duckett called...he agreed with you Rave, Tds are the only thing that matters.

The only stat you have to hang your head on is Tds for Dez. He is outperformed by almost every wide receiver on the list, including Julio, who beat Dez in every wide receiver stat except Tds. But if course, Dez had 33 red zone targets last year, compared to Julio's 16. I'm sure a dominant run threat and top 5 tight end had nothing to do with Dez's single coverages, right??

Oh, and Julio played in one less game last year. In fact, Julio almost beat Dez in all wide receiver stats except Tds, over a three year period despite missing 12 games.

Dude, he is a top 5 wide receiver, I'll give you that. I also believe he has better hands than Julio, which is why he probably makes some of those insane catches in the end zone. But wide receiver is more than circus catches. Despite being the true Atlanta threat that everyone game planned against, with no running game or dominant o line, Julio still outperformed Dez. He is a legitimate top 3, and his only knock is staying healthy. He is a high performance Ferrari. Dez is a corvette...still pretty awesome, but not a Ferrari.

TJ Duckett called...he agreed with you Rave, Tds are the only thing that matters.

The only stat you have to hang your head on is Tds for Dez. He is outperformed by almost every wide receiver on the list, including Julio, who beat Dez in every wide receiver stat except Tds. But if course, Dez had 33 red zone targets last year, compared to Julio's 16. I'm sure a dominant run threat and top 5 tight end had nothing to do with Dez's single coverages, right??

Oh, and Julio played in one less game last year. In fact, Julio almost beat Dez in all wide receiver stats except Tds, over a three year period despite missing 12 games.

Dude, he is a top 5 wide receiver, I'll give you that. I also believe he has better hands than Julio, which is why he probably makes some of those insane catches in the end zone. But wide receiver is more than circus catches. Despite being the true Atlanta threat that everyone game planned against, with no running game or dominant o line, Julio still outperformed Dez. He is a legitimate top 3, and his only knock is staying healthy. He is a high performance Ferrari. Dez is a corvette...still pretty awesome, but not a Ferrari.

Why is it that you only spout off crap backed only by the 2014 season? Dez has been an elite WR for the last 3 seasons. So does your running game hold water for the 2012-2013 seasons?

DB (missing 0 games): 273 receptions, 3925 yards, 14.4 AVG, 41 TDs, 5 fumbles (2 lost)

Julio Jones (missing 12 games): 224 receptions, 3371 yards, 15.0 AVG, 18 TDs, 4 fumbles (2 lost)

So averaging 0.6 more yards per catch and having 23 less TDs over the last 3 years makes Julio better than Dez.

...and I'm a homer.

Also, how is it not a slight against Julio that he's averaged 4 missed games a year the last 3 years. Dez hasn't missed a single game. How is Dez being able to stay healthy not a plus?

Why is it that you only spout off crap backed only by the 2014 season? Dez has been an elite WR for the last 3 seasons. So does your running game hold water for the 2012-2013 seasons?

So averaging 0.6 more yards per catch and having 23 less TDs over the last 3 years makes Julio better than Dez.

...and I'm a homer.

Also, how is it not a slight against Julio that he's averaged 4 missed games a year the last 3 years. Dez hasn't missed a single game. How is Dez being able to stay healthy not a plus?

Dude...do you even look at the stupid sh1t you say sometimes. With 12 less games Julio almost destroys Dez. And freak injuries are held against players now? How dare Tom Brady get his knee popped and miss that season...or Peyton his shoulder.

Dez has been lucky to miss the injury bug, it hits almost all players at some point. if it does hit him, I hope you remember this conversation.

It really doesn't matter what you say, or what I say. The stats speak for themselves. Dez only beats Julio in Tds, who has over double the amount of targets. So, statistically speaking(since you like using that term to explain why Dez is better than CJ), it's like 10 to 1.

Julio > Dez, suck it.

It really doesn't matter what you say, or what I say. The stats speak for themselves. Dez only beats Julio in Tds, who has over double the amount of targets. So, statistically speaking(since you like using that term to explain why Dez is better than CJ), it's like 10 to 1.

Julio > Dez, suck it.

Julio averages 0.6 yards more per catch than Dez. That's all he has on Dez.

Dez averages 8 more TDs a year and has proven to be tougher than Julio.

So again, I ask you, are you trying to say that averaging 0.6 yards per catch more than Dez makes Julio better?

Julio averages 0.6 yards more per catch than Dez. That's all he has on Dez.

Dez averages 8 more TDs a year and has proven to be tougher than Julio.

So again, I ask you, are you trying to say that averaging 0.6 yards per catch more than Dez makes Julio better?

Has Dez ever had over 1400 yards in a season? How about 1500?

And Dez has proven to be tougher than Julio? No. He's proven to not be injured, yet... This is not tougher...

Dez-Gif.gifdez-bryant-yelling.gif

Julio does of more catches but isn't that a byproduct of being the focal point of the offense?

Dez has always been the second. Or third option throughout his career.

And what he's done with that number of opportunities is pretty **** good if you ask me.

Second or third option, the fug are you talking about?

Excluding his rookie year, he averages 135 targets per season... Jason Witten has only had 2 seasons IN HIS CAREER with more targets than that and 2012 was the only one Dez was on the team...

Who the h*ll is the #1 threat on the Cowboys? They better be getting 1600 yards and 30+ TDs if they are targeted more than Dez...

Running game last year

And usually witten.

I'm sure you've seen and read about Dez's disappearance during games.

His opportunities come in bunches

Dez is the #1 option. Don't try to twist it...

Anyone who believes otherwise is trying to fit an agenda.

Has Dez ever had over 1400 yards in a season? How about 1500?

And Dez has proven to be tougher than Julio? No. He's proven to not be injured, yet... This is not tougher...

Dez-Gif.gifdez-bryant-yelling.gif

LOL...it's hilarious what you'll do to try and knock Dez down.

Because the ONLY stat JJ has over Dez is yards. Which comes from him getting more yards per catch.

The only stat Dez has over Julio is TDs...

So we are an an impasse here. Which is a better tell of a better receiver, yards or TDs?

I can't fault Dez on that game, I'd blow up too after that BS. His maturity isn't an issue, even though people make it out to be.

Nobody here is saying he's bad, he's a top 3 WR and nobody is arguing that. What I argue is that some of you think he's better than CJ since he has the TDs. Before this past year, CJ had no other receiving threat to help him and Stafford, yet produced astronomical numbers even when double and triple teamed. At least Dez had Witten. Both had injured RBs.

I'd take Julio or Dez on my team any day of the week, especially sundays. I wouldn't take Julio over Dez because of my weariness of injury history, even though Julio had a better individual statistical season. If he can stay healthy this year and outplay Dez, I'd rank him that one spot higher.

The only stat Dez has over Julio is TDs...

So we are an an impasse here. Which is a better tell of a better receiver, yards or TDs?

So averaging 4 missed games a year isn't a factor?

So averaging 4 missed games a year isn't a factor?

Breaking it down into averages to fit your agenda is horse crap and even you, king homer know this.

He's played 13 games (rookie year, which is a game more than Dez played his rookie year) 16 games, his second year and 15 games, last year.

His third year he only played 5 games, which is going to significantly hurt that average...

No. It's not a factor when he's missed less than a season.

Breaking it down into averages to fit your agenda is horse crap and even you, king homer know this.

He's played 13 games (rookie year, which is a game more than Dez played his rookie year) 16 games, his second year and 15 games, last year.

His third year he only played 5 games, which is going to significantly hurt that average...

No. It's not a factor when he's missed less than a season.

Dez was a PR his rookie season.