Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RI Falcon

Bruce Irvin Tells Bso He Wants To Play For Falcons

280 posts in this topic

For people wondering about Reed, releasing him after this season would only increase iur cap by about 200,000.

I like Reed. I hope the Falcons wouldn't cut him even if they did trade for Irvin. He's a good player, adding a good player shouldn't mean we cut off another good player. That's how losing teams think.

Tuggle'2 likes this

I like Reed. I hope the Falcons wouldn't cut him even if they did trade for Irvin. He's a good player, adding a good player shouldn't mean we cut off another good player. That's how losing teams think.

Yep, and me personally would rather have stacked, deep defense to the point of redundancy. I will go as far as saying that we're pretty much as close to guaranteed a Lombardi as a team can get if our defense becomes a powerhouse and Ryan stays healthy.

I can't fathom how people wouldn't like the best QB in our franchise's history... but who am I to judge I guess

They think he is boring. They like "dynamic" pretty much usually meaning they only like the new breed of QB who has wheels. To each their own, but I personally have had enough of that crap. Gimme an intelligent boring pocket passer any day of the week and 1000x on Sunday.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 8h8 hours ago

Albert Breer retweeted Robert Klemko

That's struck me too ... Dan Quinn was one popular assistant coach in Seattle.

Albert Breer added,

Robert Klemko @RobertKlemko
Bruce Irvin says he's ATL-bound... uncommon to see a coordinator leave and have so many players openly and privately want to follow him.

You can't have too much money. You can't be happier with a wife who loves football. Quinn can not be happier than having multiple players with double digit sacks!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000492812/Bennett-on-expectations-for-Seahawks-in-2015

Interesting watch, even if clouded by the typical network BS. Bennett's little "actually I'm not back, just yet" was pretty intentional.

That made me want absolutely nothing to do with Michael Bennett, ever. Every opportunity that guy had he was crying for more money. You just signed a contract before the 2014 season Bennett, and you aren't underpaid - get over it. That's a powder keg waiting to go off in the locker room right there.

"If a trade did happen I rather it be player for player. I wouldn't be mad If it was Irvin and Simon for Desmond Trufant. He would be an elite slot defender here and could play outside when needed"

I loled when I saw someone on their board say this, he must of seen all the crazy trade a people from Taft suggest Ha.

For people wondering about Reed, releasing him after this season would only increase iur cap by about 200,000.

I see Reed as our WLB and Irvin as our Leo, signing Irvin isn't a reason to cut Reed in my opinion.

Rotate Reed, Beasley, and Irvin at SLB (the latter two at LEO as well), or put Irvin at SLB and rotate Reed and Worr at MLB so Worr doesn't have to wear himself down to the stumps by being on the field every single play of the season. Either way you're getting better and keeping legs fresh at the same time.

Where's he playing here? Can't ever have enough pass rushers but with Beasley and Reed where does he fit

How Bout on the other end Opposite of Beasely??? How Hard is it to Picture? there Are 2 DEs in on every play. running a 4-3 or 3-4... Doesn't Matter... Reed is a Line Backer. Not a DE. Sure He can Lineup as one. But that is not his Position. He Would Be a DE with his hand in the Dirt Opposite of Beasely. How hard is it to Picture that there are 2 DE's on every play. Doesn't matter What set where playing. I get so irritated when people say that. There is no valid point. I can draw a picture if everyone likes. I would love two DE greats on this team. Both would play at the same time, on the same field and on the same plays when called on. Ugh

How Bout on the other end Opposite of Beasely??? How Hard is it to Picture? there Are 2 DEs in on every play. running a 4-3 or 3-4... Doesn't Matter... Reed is a Line Backer. Not a DE. Sure He can Lineup as one. But that is not his Position. He Would Be a DE with his hand in the Dirt Opposite of Beasely. How hard is it to Picture that there are 2 DE's on every play. Doesn't matter What set where playing. I get so irritated when people say that. There is no valid point. I can draw a picture if everyone likes. I would love two DE greats on this team. Both would play at the same time, on the same field and on the same plays when called on. Ugh

The other DE is Clayborn/Jackson at 5 tech, Irvin isn't playing there I can assure you. But, go ahead, draw that picture and enlighten me

The other DE is Clayborn/Jackson at 5 tech, Irvin isn't playing there I can assure you. But, go ahead, draw that picture and enlighten me

forget about the terms 3-4 and 4-3.

just know that there will be two pass rushers on the field at all times. period.

most defenses are pretty similar in the modern nfl anyway

Aries2887 likes this

I just don't understand how anyone could question a scenario where we have Reed, Durant, Beasley, Worrilow, and Irvin all here together. I know talent is something we're not used to on this front 7, but just open your mind and hearts to the idea of it and what it could help do for our team.

A top 15 defense would immediately put us in the super bowl conversation

Knight of God and Aries2887 like this

People just want to say something bad involving Ryan cause they're either soreass Vick fans or blindly incompetent

So Im a Big Fan of Ryan... Have a signed jersey and a Jersey I wear... Same with Vick... Still a big fan of his and want to see him do well. Ryan Is amazing QB and was only 500yards from the 5k mark that only 6 QBs are in right now. Top 5 in most stats across the board and over a 60% accuracy rating under pressure. Best in the league... 2nd to only one qb ever. Couldn't find the post someones talking bout Ryan. Ryan Deserves the Money were paying him. Wouldn't mind paying him more if we won a Super Bowl either. I agree with ya that the people that are saying Ryan needs to go are completely ignorant and really, really needs to go back and watch more football... If he wins a Superbowl and Breaks 5k pasing yards... NEXT YEAR, Yep Im saying it hahahaha. Then these guys should finally understand that Ryans Elite and Will remain with us for hs entire career. :)