Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RI Falcon

Bruce Irvin Tells Bso He Wants To Play For Falcons

280 posts in this topic

It does - at least partially. Rumors are that his agent is saying he wants the highest contract ever given to a QB "by a wide margin." Irvin will be a Falcon either this year or next year, I'm pretty sure of that much.

and no way should the Hawks pay him that much. But i hope Wilson gets it

I don't get this "issue" with abundance of good players. Bruce Irvin, Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, and O'Brien Schofield all played some LEO in 2013 when the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl and I guarantee they don't have any regrets.

Also, this illusion of Irvin being just like Beasley is super misplaced. Beasley is a better pass rusher with a greater variety of moves and technicality, but Irvin is already a very complete LB with good power to go with his freakish speed and athleticism. Would go so far as to say Irvin can play SAM, LEO, and RE (in sub-packages) very well. We need an infusion of talent and Irvin is very, very talented. A lot of Seahawks fans were talking about how much he improved last season and how he was about to break out...and then this stuff happens and half talk about how they don't need him, while the others call out the half saying they don't need him. You should see some of the posts on their boards, it's really interesting actually.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=110682

JDaveG and Vandy like this

you guys are jumping the gun thinking Irvin would just go an replace Reed. Quinn picked Reed, and picked him early. Reed may be just as good, or better, than Irvin at the SLB spot. If Irvin has any spot here, it would be w Reed moved inside, or Durant sent packing, but a healthy Durant may be better than Irvin.

I also think it is premature to say Irvin is an upgrade over Reed. Coach said Reed's athletisism if great, and he didnt get the chance to show his pass rush ability in HOU, as he was always moved inside for Cuhing cause he was always injured. If Reed puts up 6-8 sacks at the spot, why would we spend more to replace him? Plus Reed is likely better against the run. Irvin may be a minute too late if he desire is to play in the A.

Pretty much this.

And at the risk of being the guy throwing cold water on people's dreams - but this seems much less about Atlanta now being some hotspot destination that NFL players are dying to come play under Quinn for, and more about an isolated individual case. Irvin is from Atlanta, this is his home. He's now got a scheme here that he knows and exels at. He also feels disrespected by his current team. It seems to me it's more about Irvin getting his panties in a twist and wanting to come play for the hometown team, than simply wanting to follow Quinn.

Vandy likes this

Pretty much this.

And at the risk of being the guy throwing cold water on people's dreams - but this seems much less about Atlanta now being some hotspot destination that NFL players are dying to come play under Quinn for, and more about an isolated individual case. Irvin is from Atlanta, this is his home. He's now got a scheme here that he knows and exels at. He also feels disrespected by his current team. It seems to me it's more about Irvin getting his panties in a twist and wanting to come play for the hometown team, than simply wanting to follow Quinn.

you would have a great point if so many people with connections to Seattle didn't say players there want to play for Quinn

DQ went after Reed because of the value and the market was pretty thin at LB. If Irvin and Reed were both FA and had the same asking price, who *are you taking? I'm taking the hometown guy who reunites with his defensive coordinator and already knows the defensive scheme.

DQ went after Reed because of the value and the market was pretty thin at LB. If Irvin and Reed were both FA and had the same asking price, who *are you taking? I'm taking the hometown guy who reunites with his defensive coordinator and already knows the defensive scheme.

Irvin's asking price will be significantly more than Reed's..........and don't forget Julio's contract is still not resolved

Irvin's asking price will be significantly more than Reed's..........and don't forget Julio's contract is still not resolved

I think Irvin gets about 5-6m/yr. That post was more towards the people who are clamoring for Reed, citing DQ's praise for him after the signing.

I think Irvin gets about 5-6m/yr. That post was more towards the people who are clamoring for Reed, citing DQ's praise for him after the signing.

I'm a big fan of Reed, thought he was our best FA signing. Don't see how we can afford Irvin, we have $100M man Ryan and still need to lock up Julio.

It would be awesome to have two true hometown GA guys here together, getting after it. This state produces a lot of talent in every sport but our pro teams seem to let it get away. Bruce and Vic bringing their home team its first championship...If the price is right, make it happen!

If Irvin comes we would have 3 hometown guys on defense. Do not forget hammers son Grady Jarrett. This dude is gonna be awesome

iEmbrace_life likes this

Yeah its messing with me too bro...lol. Brees screaminh "No mas!" and Cam looking flustered...Winston rolling on his back and losing steam as the first overall pick...oh yeah...INT's like crazy.

Ohh yeah, they need to make it happen this season or next season.

Knight of God likes this

I'm a big fan of Reed, thought he was our best FA signing. Don't see how we can afford Irvin, we have $100M man Ryan and still need to lock up Julio.

Durant was our best signing IMO. We have alot of capspace plus players who will eventually be cut (Jackson and Baker). We are absolutely fine for cap space now and in the future.

I wouldn't make a move on Bruce Irvin! Dude yaps too much and if Vic Beasley has a good year I don't think a Bruce Irvin type player is needed. I would wait and see what happens with Boddy Wagner!

I wouldn't make a move on Bruce Irvin! Dude yaps too much and if Vic Beasley has a good year I don't think a Bruce Irvin type player is needed. I would wait and see what happens with Boddy Wagner!

You're crazy

bruce irvin training with chuck smith

https://instagram.com/p/2oYGv2mOyf/

sheez, that Tameka chick must not have heard the news. With that "legends in the making" stuff, she might want to take those rose colored glasses off. Seattle is in for a battle as Arizona is getting stronger, the Rams aren't far off, and their coaches are getting picked off. They've been so successful because they've drafted athletic, coachable players with good value, but their good coaches are finding other jobs. After they re-sign Wilson and Wagner, their depth will take a major hit. They'll be bargain shopping to fill needs.

+1

Ryan's Contract is not killing us......I Still Don't understand why people don't get that.....

We'll have the proceeds for Irvin and whoever we bring in from free agency next year....

People just want to say something bad involving Ryan cause they're either soreass Vick fans or blindly incompetent