Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RI Falcon

Bruce Irvin Tells Bso He Wants To Play For Falcons

280 posts in this topic

Both times Bruce Irvin's faced the Falcons it was the worst graded game of that season (-0.9 2013, -4.2 2012), wonder if it's coincidence or there's something more to it, he grew up in Atlanta.

Knight of God likes this

Both times Bruce Irvin's faced the Falcons it was the worst graded game of that season (-0.9 2013, -4.2 2012), wonder if it's coincidence or there's something more to it, he grew up in Atlanta.

hmmmmm....

Well it's definitely not that our O-Line was so much better than everyone else's.

mdrake34 likes this

Well it's definitely not that our O-Line was so much better than everyone else's.

Lmao, out of all the O-lines that had so many injuries they had to use a tight end at tackle, ours was definitely the best.

There is a lot more going on than money, I'll say that.

There would have to be. I find it odd, but I'm glad they want to come play for our guy. In years past, we'd be more likely to hear about how they are sticking with the other guy instead.

And I'm not talking about Mike Smith, for what it's worth. I mean in general -- our franchise has never really had a coach where players said "man, I really want to go play for that guy," and it makes me wonder whether there is something going on in Seattle that we don't know about.

Knight of God likes this

There is a lot more going on than money, I'll say that.

It certainly makes me feel excited knowing that all these guys are that loyal to and love Quinn that much for all of this to be happening. Players absolutely love the guy and are willing to do whatever for him.

Part of me also wonders if this is something of an admission that he won't fetch as much on the open market as he might've anticipated. He was drafted to be a great pass rusher but just turned into a pretty good linebacker (can rush the passer, but hasn't excelled at it). Seattle has a lot of checks to sign and given that Irvin's output, just makes sense for them to let him go and if he realizes what his realistic future contract could be. Or as BayFalcon said, this is his tactic to avoid a trade to anywhere but Atlanta.

Sign him first worry about where he would play after. He's a better player than Reed. Would bring an attitude and much need pass rush to our D. Him and Beasley coming off one side would be dirty.

Part of me also wonders if this is something of an admission that he won't fetch as much on the open market as he might've anticipated. He was drafted to be a great pass rusher but just turned into a pretty good linebacker (can rush the passer, but hasn't excelled at it). Seattle has a lot of checks to sign and given that Irvin's output, just makes sense for them to let him go and if he realizes what his realistic future contract could be. Or as BayFalcon said, this is his tactic to avoid a trade to anywhere but Atlanta.

They can't afford him. Gave huge contract to LOB, Bennett, Wagner. Traded for Graham. Still have to sign Wilson (******* they're loaded).

So I have a question. How is it not considered a form of tampering when a player speaks highly about wanting to go to another team,especially if they team ends up getting said player

So I have a question. How is it not considered a form of tampering when a player speaks highly about wanting to go to another team,especially if they team ends up getting said player

Players can say whatever they want I am pretty sure. I think the only real repercussions of doing that is it will probably piss of their current team and its fan base.

As long as we don't speak to him, about him, or to his agent before FA of next year were fine. Now if let's say we want to trade from his contingent on him resigning and Seattle gives us the right to talk to him then we can do that as well.

ya_boi_j likes this

They can't afford him. Gave huge contract to LOB, Bennett, Wagner. Traded for Graham. Still have to sign Wilson (******* they're loaded).

Yea, and if we know that, much of the league must also. Thus Irvin is telling the Seahawks they can't trade him unless it's to Atlanta. Wonder how long this will take to develop

Players can say whatever they want I am pretty sure. I think the only real repercussions of doing that is it will probably piss of their current team and its fan base.

true. It's crazy how all that works out. Now it will be interesting to see if he's willing to join at a reasonable price. Now I'm not saying he's not worth whatever he asks for, just interesting to see if he works out a deal that helps himself and the team since he loves Quinn so much
Tuggle'2 likes this

Seahawks fans are PISSED, they have actually been attacking him on Twitter

Tuggle'2 likes this

There would have to be. I find it odd, but I'm glad they want to come play for our guy. In years past, we'd be more likely to hear about how they are sticking with the other guy instead.

And I'm not talking about Mike Smith, for what it's worth. I mean in general -- our franchise has never really had a coach where players said "man, I really want to go play for that guy," and it makes me wonder whether there is something going on in Seattle that we don't know about.

It certainly makes me feel excited knowing that all these guys are that loyal to and love Quinn that much for all of this to be happening. Players absolutely love the guy and are willing to do whatever for him.

Its taking us all off guard. There are some here still having trouble with the amount of competition coming in.

Could you imagine if we somehow made a package trade getting Bennett and Irvin???

Tuggle'2 and HASHBROWN3 like this

As long as we don't speak to him, about him, or to his agent before FA of next year were fine. Now if let's say we want to trade from his contingent on him resigning and Seattle gives us the right to talk to him then we can do that as well.

watch and see, Goodell will find a way to stop players from making comments one way or another.

true. It's crazy how all that works out. Now it will be interesting to see if he's willing to join at a reasonable price. Now I'm not saying he's not worth whatever he asks for, just interesting to see if he works out a deal that helps himself and the team since he loves Quinn so much

Well he is certainly showing his cards as far as contract negotiations go.

Its taking us all off guard. There are some here still having trouble with the amount of competition coming in.

Could you imagine if we somehow made a package trade getting Bennett and Irvin???

I think that pretty much nails it on the head. People just aren't used to it. I am on cloud 9 with all this going on. It has been a long long time since I felt this excited and amazed by what my Atlanta Falcons are doing.

I think that pretty much nails it on the head. People just aren't used to it. I am on cloud 9 with all this going on. It has been a long long time since I felt this excited and amazed by what my Atlanta Falcons are doing.

If you look at the way winning team's MB's are, they are interesting. They welcome players no matter if they kinda suck. They don't hate their QB even if that isn't their type of guy and they like all the different choices made...until the guy is cut or traded.Even when we were back to back, it just felt strange. I think this time something real is happening.

Tuggle'2 likes this