Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RI Falcon

Bruce Irvin Tells Bso He Wants To Play For Falcons

280 posts in this topic

How come no one wanted to play for my team???

mike-smith-atlanta.jpg

Well, to,his credit he did get Asante Samuels, Steven Jackson, and a few other older guys past their careers.

I love that he's passionate aboutbplaying for us and all but he better not get us in trouble or investigated for tampering. *angry face

I was told nobody wanted to play here by some clowns on this message board. This is obviously a hoax

Lol right?! I love that they said that cause right after, Vic Beasley admits his lifelong dream of playing for the Falcons, I think Bud Dupree said he wanted to be a Falcon too and now Bruce Irvin, there were probably others that I can't remember.

Lol right?! I love that they said that cause right after, Vic Beasley admits his lifelong dream of playing for the Falcons, I think Bud Dupree said he wanted to be a Falcon too and now Bruce Irvin, there were probably others that I can't remember.

Plus Clowney and Mack last year.

PrimitiveJN likes this

Michael Bennett also wanted to be traded here per multiple reports

If we are sending [****] might as well send something to help the mess

Yep, got to clean up some garbage. Under Smith keep garbage around like hoarders.

Quinn is going to clean up.

They better be worried. We swept them with a terrible defense. Once Quin gets that defense fixed. Their worse nightmares will come true. Which will be a long winning streak against them. And a defense that can stop their offense.
DirtyBird8711 and YungFalco like this

Make it happen now

its not worth giving up assets to do it now. falcons arent in super bowl contention this year. let the rookies get a year in the NFL and bring him in next year without giving up anything.

Are you "hearing" that something may happen this year?

That's just it. Every report has been either cryptic or confusing. I chalked it up to Irvin being a Falcons fan and moved on. Its an epidemic though, people are sincerely trying to play for their fave teams.

This is a tense situation. Really bad press for the Seahawks and it feels like Irvin just took away a lot of his leverage as a FA next year too. I'd love to have him, he's an upgrade to Reed...better pass rusher and coverage LB, solid against the run too, just an all around great LB. Such a weird situation though.

So is he saying he will take a "hometown" discount to play in Atlanta? Because that's the only way signing him would really work with the current roster makeup. That said, I would love to have him

He is probably saying this because the seahawks are seeking to trade him and this kind of shuts that down in the sense that it's risky to take on a guy that says he's definitely leaving for the falcons after his contract is up the following year. This hopefully would make a trade only possible with us and gives us the upper hand in negotiations considering the lack of competition for a trade.

If we are sending [****] might as well send something to help the mess

I was just saying that because he's got like a million kids w/ that baby factory wife of his.

Can the Seahawks decline his option for 5th year (which they did) and then franchise him?

yes but it would be stupid on their parts because the franchise tag would pay him almost 10m guarenteed. His option was only worth about 7.6m if I'm not mistaken.
hjerry likes this

That's just it. Every report has been either cryptic or confusing. I chalked it up to Irvin being a Falcons fan and moved on. Its an epidemic though, people are sincerely trying to play for their fave teams.

Similar to NBA a few years back

Knight of God likes this

I don't know, but if I'm the Seahawks and I see a player who is currently on the Seahawks roster and being paid by the owner of the Seahawks talking about playing for another team, I might be inclined to do everything I can help bring the player's wishes to fruition sooner than later and get him out of here.