Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RI Falcon

Bruce Irvin Tells Bso He Wants To Play For Falcons

280 posts in this topic

Speaking of playing for your favorite team, with the news about Washington not being interested in resigning him, and with Shanahan's familiarity with him, I'm kinda surprised that no one's made a trade for Alfred Morris thread yet lol.

I love him, the dude is nuts (in the best way). Such a fun player to watch. I just doubt the Falcons are interested at this point, having Freeman and Coleman compete for carries is healthy, but bringing in Morris is almost inviting drama. It's kind of a "too many cooks" situation at that point. And he hasn't really talked about being traded as far as I've heard. A vet like Pierre Thomas would be way more beneficial for the young guys imo, and he's way more used to not being "the guy," which is good because he's already humble, driven, and he isn't near as banged up. Could have some cool camaraderie there, kinda like the Joe Horn situation. That's all assuming we'd even add a RB to the roster, but I'd be all for it.

Falconjerome likes this

I love him, the dude is nuts (in the best way). Such a fun player to watch. I just doubt the Falcons are interested at this point, having Freeman and Coleman compete for carries is healthy, but bringing in Morris is almost inviting drama. It's kind of a "too many cooks" situation at that point. And he hasn't really talked about being traded as far as I've heard. A vet like Pierre Thomas would be way more beneficial for the young guys imo, and he's way more used to not being "the guy," which is good because he's already humble, driven, and he isn't near as banged up. Could have some cool camaraderie there, kinda like the Joe Horn situation. That's all assuming we'd even add a RB to the roster, but I'd be all for it.

Oh I'm not advocating for trading for him at all. I'm just surprised that no one else has is all.

Pierre Thomas would be a fantastic pick up. He's good at getting tough yards and keeping drives moving. Devonta is still young though and can probably get that type of gain going as well. Thomas was 209 when he surfaced, and Freeman is 206 and about 2 inches shorter. That's a lower center of gravity and still quite powerful if played right.

HS dropout. Only player EVER ejected from SB for "punching" another player. Quinn/TD/Blank can't we win without this guy?

The air in Atlanta must be changing. It's an exciting time to be a fan of Atlanta pro sports!

Now that my Bulls are out the playoffs I'm praying for the Hawks to kick the Cavilers out XD

JDaveG likes this

also appears as if we are unsure of our plans at the running back position.

Knight of God likes this

Durant was a short deal, so IF IRvin came this offseason we could move on from Durant (although I think he is as good as Irvin, maybe better when healthy). Also, Reed to MLB would be a hug upgrade to Worrilow, if we needed to field Durant, Reed and Irvin. Man, just saying that.....got to be the best LB corps we had since SB run!

Now now. We've had some nice LB corps

Brooking,Boley,Williams

Spoon,Lofton,Peterson

Wire,Peterson,Spoon

You just had to get Too Many Cooks stuck in my head.. didn't you... DIDN'T YOU!!?!?!?!?!

You just had to get Too Many Cooks stuck in my head.. didn't you... DIDN'T YOU!!?!?!?!?!

I honestly thought this said something else

Imagine

Irvin-Reed-Durant

Beasley-Jarret-Hageman-Clayborn/Schofield

And on third and long maybe drop Irvin down to rush for Clayborn/Schofield?

I haven't said 4-3 or 3-4 in any of my posts.. The two pass rushers will be Beasley at LEO and Clayborn at 5 tech DE. The SLB (Reed) will rush significantly too. Clayborn can kick inside on obvious passing situations

Which goes back to my point, where are you putting Irvin. We have a guy we just invested long term, who we believe can provide a good rush for us too, at SLB in Reed. Beasley at LEO. Sure Irvin could come in and rotate with Beasley and Reed, so if he accepts less to come here Im all for it

We wont leave Clayborn on his own to hold the edge all game.

And we will not have a standard front we use every snap. This isn't 1975

It amazes me how many talented football players are from the state of GA

So true, and It amazes me more considering how many top 5 - top 10 recruiting classes UGA has had the last decade, and we haven't sniffed a National Championship since Herschel was in red and black. Nobody can waste talent like Mark Richt can.

SexualChocolate likes this

We wont leave Clayborn on his own to hold the edge all game.

And we will not have a standard front we use every snap. This isn't 1975

Nobody has a single front they only use. And Clayborn won't man the 5 tech all game, I mentioned TJax with him in my earlier post. Irvin's not playing there

It's Awesome 'Possum in Georgia! O'possum is an Irish marsupial.

Those are the ugliest creatures in the world and they frighten the **** outta me.

So true, and It amazes me more considering how many top 5 - top 10 recruiting classes UGA has had the last decade, and we haven't sniffed a National Championship since Herschel was in red and black. Nobody can waste talent like Mark Richt can.

Richt isn't out there on the field losing to South Carolina every year. Remind me how many national titles UGA won before Richt? Oh that's right just one

Richt isn't out there on the field losing to South Carolina every year. Remind me how many national titles UGA won before Richt? Oh that's right just one

2. Won in the 40s. 4 if you claim some in the 20s before they were official.

I'm not giving Dooley, Goff, or Donnan a pass. UGA has had more than enough talent in its history to win multiple championships, but never had the coach with the right fire to win more. Why should Alabama have more titles than we do? At least Florida has a significant population advantage.

Nick Saban can get guys to execute. Our guys are performing better in the NFL under elite coaching. Why can't Richt get what Urban Meyer and Nick Saban can get out of their players?

Conservatism, apathy, and timidity have permeated the coaching in our history.

Don't be like Bama and claim national titles that other schools claim too. You blame Richt for the losses. You have to give him credit for the wins. It takes luck to win a national championship. Everything has to fall into place. Richt isn't suiting up on Saturdays. The players deserve just as much blame

I would love this, visions of Vic Beasley and Bruce Irvin being unleashed on third downs is something that excites me. I love that apparently Bennett and now Irvin are wanting to come and play for Quinn again !

Give me Bobby Wagner too and they could call us the Atlanta Seahags for all I care!

lol.... right