Falcons Were Very Wise To Pass And Wait On S, Te, Lb

It's kind of early, but I think the Falcon were very prudent in not reaching on these positions in the draft which are still a need. Looks like the Safety position next year could be excellent, and the TE class overall should be better, as well as LB.

The last few years, I felt like the Falcons went for the one player that they thought was the missing Super Bowl piece, because of how quickly they became great in the regular season. Going into the draft this year and seeing where FS was and still is a huge question mark, I feel like in years past the team would have drafted a guy to play there, and reaching for a player, giving up pics in the process.

In the process of doing that, the collective heads at Flowery Branch strayed away from the art of team building, and the head coach lost his identity for the team. I believe Quinn has had a major influence on the draft, and he does not appear to be the guy that is going to settle for a player that does not fit the model he has. If that guy isn't available or isn't at value, wait until FA or the draft the next year. After a few seasons of doing that, the team will be deeper and more dominant.

As much as I would have liked an All-World TE I am very satisfied with our selections. I think the more I read about Maxx Williams the happier I am we didn't use an early round pick on him. He had a bruised sternum in college which makes me think he really isn't as strong as he needs to be for the NFL.

As much as I would have liked an All-World TE I am very satisfied with our selections. I think the more I read about Maxx Williams the happier I am we didn't use an early round pick on him. He had a bruised sternum in college which makes me think he really isn't as strong as he needs to be for the NFL.

Wat

From NFL.com on Maxx---Weaknesses Body is a little soft and could use additional weight work to handle NFL hits. Runs upright, rounded routes that lack salesmanship and shake. Leans into breaks, tipping his hand and bringing tighter coverage. Hip tightness stymies ability to sink and cut crisply. Needs to do better job over deep middle of using frame to shield throw from safeties. Won't generate push as an in-line blocker and has limited feel and instincts as a move blocker. Will need route work to create separation on the next level.