Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No.11

#1 Hawks Vs. #5 Wizards Game 5 (Series Tied 2-2)

733 posts in this topic

My first game, Dec 28, 1968. Hawks vs Celtics, at Alexander Memorial Coliseum. Hawks won 110-97. Bill Russell was player/coach for the Celtics.

I saw many games at AMC. Saw Pistol Pete work his magic. Saw Julius Erving in his only game as a Hawk during the preseason there before the Lou Hudson trade was nullified. Pistol Pete and Doctor J on the same court.... Wow. I remember how the lighting in the coliseum was so bad they had to bring in extra stage lighting whenever nationally televised games were played there.

We have a winner. I'm sorry I ever doubted you sir.

We have a winner. I'm sorry I ever doubted you sir.

**** skippy

The injuries have been pretty minor especially compared to other teams. We have not looked the same in months and our record and play down the stretch proved it. I have ZERO confidence we can beat the Cavs or Bulls if we get by the Wizards

No need to watch, then. Personally, I think either of those is a better matchup for us than the Wizards. And our injuries were (and are) numerous.

Damm this proves what we have been saying about the refs!

just proves the NBA refs sucks. Noah fouled Bron before his game winner in game 4. Just the way they are

just proves the NBA refs sucks. Noah fouled Bron before his game winner in game 4. Just the way they are

Yes but you can see how frustrated we can get when when it always seems to be us that end up on losing side of so many missed calls almost regardless of the opponent. We've got enough problems without having to take on the refs as well.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Yes but you can see how frustrated we can get when when it always seems to be us that end up on losing side of so many missed calls almost regardless of the opponent. We've got enough problems without having to take on the refs as well.

oh i can understand that. But they are just bad. They could be bad in favor of Atlanta tomorrow.

If I don't watch this 100 times before Friday I'll be shocked.

Name me a bigger individual play in Hawks history

I DARE YOU

Can't in Hawks history, but for the city, that performance in clutchness rivals what Julio did in 2012.

Braves don't even come close to the list.

Well the Braves are the only ATL team with a championship so at least once they got by without the usual ATL choke job.

Can't in Hawks history, but for the city, that performance in clutchness rivals what Julio did in 2012.

Tom Glavine performance in game 6 of the World Series kills anything any other player in Atlanta sports history has ever did
thanat0s likes this

Tom Glavine performance in game 6 of the World Series kills anything any other player in Atlanta sports history has ever did

People forget easily. The Braves of the 90s had several clutch moments that far exceed any other moment in Atlanta sports.

Yeah, Glavine shutting down the most prolific offense in Baseball history at the time (I think) is pretty epic for Atlanta. It gave us our only championship.

Justice's HR in that game is bigger than what Al did at the moment.

Frank Cabrera's hit in game 7 of the NLCS is an all time great MLB moment. The Otis Nixon catch is no slouch.

Yeah I saw that but this chit is becoming more obvious. It's hard to come and compete sometimes when you see bias with the refs. But you know King James ph34r.png is always going to get favorable calls.

People forget easily. The Braves of the 90s had several clutch moments that far exceed any other moment in Atlanta sports.

those were some great memories
thanat0s likes this

Yeah I saw that but this chit is becoming more obvious. It's hard to come and compete sometimes when you see bias with the refs. But you know King James ph34r.png is always going to get favorable calls.

true man. They really need to do something

Yeah, Glavine shutting down the most prolific offense in Baseball history at the time (I think) is pretty epic for Atlanta. It gave us our only championship.

Justice's HR in that game is bigger than what Al did at the moment.

Frank Cabrera's hit in game 7 of the NLCS is an all time great MLB moment. The Otis Nixon catch is no slouch.

My bad that I didn't clarify. I meant in recent years.

All respect to the team that won us our only title, but the Braves haven't even advanced in the playoffs in over a decade.

My bad that I didn't clarify. I meant in recent years.

All respect to the team that won us our only title, but the Braves haven't even advanced in the playoffs in over a decade.

Ha, no problem. No they can't get out of the 1st rd to save their life. They have had some good teams but 5 game series's have killed them.

Chris Vivlamore ‏@CVivlamoreAJC 12m12 minutes ago

Two incorrect calls at end of Hawks-Wizards Game 5 - Pierce travel not call, Gortat offensive foul not called.

Also Paul Pierce's go-ahead three last night should have been negated by a Gortat moving screen, according to the NBA.

I was screaming about the Gortat screen/hold just like I was about the Nene elbow in game 4. There's a reason Pierce got so open on both of those plays.